PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Sending Footballs

punkyqb9
02-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Sorry if this is off topic but wasn't sure where to put it. Can anyone who has sent footballs for autographs give me some tips on how to do so? Do you have the player use the same box to send the football back by including return postage and address label?

Sorry if that's a newbie post, just don't want to lose my football.

Thanks!

dawgbizkit83
02-16-2012, 09:52 AM
I just sent one out via UPS to Bill Cowher. I included a return UPS label so he could use the same box. I did this so I can track it as well. I will let you know when I get it back.

mrveggieman
02-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I always wondered how ballplayers and others felt about getting large items in the mail to sign. Do they think that wow I'm getting a gift but then say another autograph request? I'm know that some people are ok with signing balls and other large items. It was just a random thought that I had. Heck I might try sending a ball off one day to try my luck. Sorry about veering off topic.

clryan5
02-17-2012, 12:05 AM
You could send it in a large bubble mailer. It's only about $3 shipping

MSUspartans
02-17-2012, 01:00 PM
I sent a hat in the mail from the PO, and they had me add a label so they can use the same box.

dawgbizkit83
05-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Forgot to update, got my football back from Bill Cowher several weeks ago. Perfect signature with a Pilot Silver Paint Pen. It cost a lot more to send via UPS but I figured if it got damaged at all I could always take the insurance money and buy something authenticated.