PDA

View Full Version : TSA Workers Using Scanners To Scan Female Passengers

duane1969
02-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Can't say I am surprised at this. If anyone has seen the image produced by these scanners then you know that it provides a pretty good look at the person, although it is in black and white format.

A Dallas woman says she was forced to undergo three body scans by TSA workers because she has a "cute" figure - and she's not the only woman complaining about passenger "peep shows" at America’s airports.

The passenger, Ellen Terrell, is among a host of women who suspect they were randomly selected for body scans not because of any threat they posed, but because TSA workers wanted a closer look at their physiques, according to an investigation by CBS 11 in Dallas of more than 500 passenger complaints about the TSA.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-body-scanned-times-tsa-dallas-airport-i-a-cute-figure-article-1.1022803

mrveggieman
02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
This makes me sick. If they are going to start with this pretty soon everyone will be subject to full strip searches. Wait a minute it is already happening. Remember this same woman could be your mother, daughter, sister, or wife.

Star_Cards
02-15-2012, 01:27 PM
I've been to the airport maybe 5-6 times since they started using these scanners and I've had to go through these every time. To be honest I have zero issue with it. I've also seen plenty of people who would not be classified as attractive or fit going through these a lot of the time. I know it's limited since I only travel a few times a year, but I haven't seen them dividing up passengers by attractiveness. Personally I have no issue going through them. Now, if it ever came out that they were archiving these scans and they had leaked out I wouldn't be happy about it.

The fact that she had to go through three times and that she deems herself relatively attractive doesn't necessarily mean people were running back getting a look.

Also, I have a friend that works for the FAA and she said they have two TSA workers in the viewing booths. A male to view the males and a female to view the females. Never witnessed this myself but I trust that she knows what she is talking about.

andrewhoya
02-15-2012, 07:46 PM
I've been to the airport maybe 5-6 times since they started using these scanners and I've had to go through these every time. To be honest I have zero issue with it. I've also seen plenty of people who would not be classified as attractive or fit going through these a lot of the time. I know it's limited since I only travel a few times a year, but I haven't seen them dividing up passengers by attractiveness. Personally I have no issue going through them. Now, if it ever came out that they were archiving these scans and they had leaked out I wouldn't be happy about it.

The fact that she had to go through three times and that she deems herself relatively attractive doesn't necessarily mean people were running back getting a look.

Also, I have a friend that works for the FAA and she said they have two TSA workers in the viewing booths. A male to view the males and a female to view the females. Never witnessed this myself but I trust that she knows what she is talking about.

I fly 2-3 times a month and usually go through the scanners, too. They actually do have workers in booths, which is why the scanner TSA agents are commonly seen holding their ears and then allowing people to go through. I have no problem with it either.