PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Stone's son converts to Islam while in Iran

mrveggieman
02-15-2012, 02:12 PM
We havent had a good drag down knock out religious argument on here in a while. Well boys here you go. Who wants to fire off the first shot?

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/15/world/meast/iran-stone-islam/

duane1969
02-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Shot #1 - To each his own.

EDIT: Although I would challenge that he is a true convert because of this statement...

"The conversion to Islam is not abandoning Christianity or Judaism, which I was born with," Stone told Fars News Agency. "It means I have accepted Mohammad and other prophets."

Sounds more to me like he converted for sensationalism/shock effect/to get his name in the news.

mrveggieman
02-15-2012, 02:38 PM

I actually agree with you on that duane but believe it or not there are a lot of people some on here who don't.

BGT Masters
02-15-2012, 02:39 PM
And????

mrveggieman
02-15-2012, 02:43 PM

EDIT: Although I would challenge that he is a true convert because of this statement...

Sounds more to me like he converted for sensationalism/shock effect/to get his name in the news.

I don't know if that would make him a muslim in the traditional sense but do your thing. There was an article a few years ago about a woman who was a christian minister who converted to islam at the same time while still maintaining her christanity. I'm not sure how one can pull off following two religions with different sticking points but hey more power to her.