PDA

View Full Version : Religious beliefs of the presidents of the united states

mrveggieman
02-16-2012, 04:07 PM
I was on wikipedia looking for something totally unrelated and stumbled across this and though that I would post this for the group. I'm not trying to make a particular point I just thought that this was an interesting article. Enjoy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_affiliations_of_United_States_Presidents

GoingForMaxImpact
02-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Well me personally I am Catholic and don't believe everything we stand for, just as I think Mitt Romneys religion LDS is completely insane considering they are believing a guy Joseph Smith who supposedly was given golden tablets by the angel Moroni and believe me any religion who has garments that they wear under the normal clothes because they supposedly protect them is off there rocker IMO! The LDS always seem to think that they are the only true religion and that only certain people will make it to the highest level in heaven! Seriously just trust in god and it shouldn't matter if you are christian, catholic, LDS or whatever to each his own!

wvfan
02-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Im not mormon but I have found that all religons believe that the are the true religon. Not just the Mormons. I have went to alot of churchs and listened to them all say how there sure there religon is the true one and the others are preaching false.

We could all set here and pick apart all religons for the odd ball believes. So one should say not to throw stones out other belevies wiether you belive them or not. For instance saying there off there rockers is passing judgement on others. Which under any christian belief is wrong. The whole speck and the plank thing example

That is why today. I read the bible and interpet it for myself. Churchs are for man. The bible is for god and one should find his own way in life.

Just my thought. Some may agree and some may not.

GoingForMaxImpact
02-19-2012, 10:23 AM
im not mormon but i have found that all religons believe that the are the true religon. Not just the mormons. I have went to alot of churchs and listened to them all say how there sure there religon is the true one and the others are preaching false.

We could all set here and pick apart all religons for the odd ball believes. So one should say not to throw stones out other belevies wiether you belive them or not. For instance saying there off there rockers is passing judgement on others. Which under any christian belief is wrong. The whole speck and the plank thing example

that is why today. I read the bible and interpet it for myself. Churchs are for man. The bible is for god and one should find his own way in life.

Just my thought. Some may agree and some may not.

+1+

shrewsbury
02-19-2012, 01:27 PM
one should think there religion is the true religion, or why would you believe it?

but, like stated above, tolerance should always be part of your religion and life, though for many it is not.

it is hard to understand why others do not believe what you believe, but it is ok. if people are good people, then i have tolerance for them, no matter their beliefs or lifestyle. the really hard part is the definition of what "good" is can differ greatly.

bud7562
02-19-2012, 07:42 PM
one should think there religion is the true religion, or why would you believe it?

but, like stated above, tolerance should always be part of your religion and life, though for many it is not.

it is hard to understand why others do not believe what you believe, but it is ok. if people are good people, then i have tolerance for them, no matter their beliefs or lifestyle. the really hard part is the definition of what "good" is can differ greatly. if you belive in the bible all thats matter?

tsjct
02-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Right now our President could believe in the TOOTH FAIRY from Mars for all i care. I just want him to Believe in the USA Economy. Stop spending and get his policy str8 as it looks as if we are stuck with him for another 4 years. If he does not do this we are screwed.

*censored*
02-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Wait, I'm confused. The Tea Party told me Obama was Muslim, not UCC.