PDA

View Full Version : Newton Autograph Signing

TitansFan
02-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Cam Newton is signing about 2 hours from my house this weekend. I have never done one of these signings. Is this something you can generally just pop into with a jersey and wait in line?

mattleegee
02-20-2012, 01:30 AM
in this case.... camp out?

TitansFan
02-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah.. would plan on it.. haha.

Question is, do you usually need tickets to get into these type things, or how does that work? Can you bring your own items in?

mattleegee
02-20-2012, 01:35 AM
get a full size helmet or authentic jersey
dont bring a card in
usually there is a sign fee and then you get it what you have signed

TitansFan
02-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Ok, cool. I have an authentic jersey.
Why not a card?I don't get cards signed anyways.. jw.

JerseyInk
02-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Are you talking about the GT Sports Marketing signing in Alabama this weekend?

TitansFan
02-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Are you talking about the GT Sports Marketing signing in Alabama this weekend?

Yeah I am. Why?

Black3000gt
02-22-2012, 06:28 PM
I know that the signing around here, and there are a lot in the philly area, you need to get a ticket first. A lot of the guys sell out quick here. There is also sometimes a fee per auto and the price depends on if your getting a picture, a card, a jersey or something else signed. You should also check to see if the player is sponsered by any manufacturer of jerseys or hats etc. We were at a signing by with some phillies guys i think jimmy rollins, and my buddy bought a replica jersey at the store he was signing at. We were told after waiting in line that he would not be signing the jersey because he is only allowed to sign majestic. Then the store would not let him return the jersey because he lost the reciept while we were waiting in line.

TitansFan
02-23-2012, 07:56 AM
So, you have to pay the signing fee on top of the ticket?

JerseyInk
02-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Yes you have to buy a ticket for the item. Pending on what item, depends on the price of the ticket. Say, a helmet, that's going to be 150.00. You want an inscription "#1 Draft Pick" or "2011 ROY", that's another 50.00. Be careful, his dad is there by his side and you won't be able to pose for pics. Only while he's signing. Its a pretty rushed evolution. Make sure you say "2011 ROY" because in Jersey, he was signing 2012. SMH. Cam and his dad said that was right. So there's 2 knuckleheads that were wrong.

Go to the website: gtsportsmarketing.com for further details and prices.

Black3000gt
02-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah, most signings are not that fan friendly anymore. In some cases you can't get within 10 feet of the guy and have to pass your item to someone who passes to the signer. It's a side business for these guys and they are normally all business during it trying to get things signed as fast as possible to make the most money.

I have seen some guys get to their time limit say 2 hours and leave with people in line waiting who have prepaid for a ticket. Makes the store, player and team look bad, but some guys, ALLEN IVERSON, don't care. (bet he wishes he stayed and sign those extras now that hes broke!)