PDA

View Full Version : God Hates Shrimp!

*censored*
02-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Pinch the tail, suck the head, BURN IN HELL!

http://www.godhatesshrimp.com

boba
02-23-2012, 07:34 PM
That was under the old covenant, all foods are clean now.

18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

Many believe that He didn't want his people eating these foods because without the proper cooking techniques ( that they didn't know at the time ) they cause many diseases.

Dumb article.

If your going to write an article actually do some study so you don't look like an idiot.

meuandthelot
02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Keep things without flaps, fins or scales out of your mouth :) Solved

mrveggieman
02-24-2012, 09:20 AM
It looks like the website was started to poke fun but there are some christian groups (The Seven Day Adventists first come to mind) that still adhere to Levitical dietary laws. I personally don't eat shrimp or any other meat for that matter so it dosen't bother me at all. However the God Hates Shrimp group does bring up an interesting point. Why are some christians so gun ho against homosexuality as in leviticus but chose to ignore God's dietary laws as also perscribed in leviticus. Yes I know that some christians like to run to the new testament to justify eating unclean foods. But dosen't the new testament say to love they neighboor and not to pass judgment? It looks like a lot of people like to pick and chose what bible verses they go by in order to suit their own particular wants and needs. SMH.

duane1969
02-24-2012, 11:16 AM
It looks like the website was started to poke fun but there are some christian groups (The Seven Day Adventists first come to mind) that still adhere to Levitical dietary laws. I personally don't eat shrimp or any other meat for that matter so it dosen't bother me at all. However the God Hates Shrimp group does bring up an interesting point. Why are some christians so gun ho against homosexuality as in leviticus but chose to ignore God's dietary laws as also perscribed in leviticus. Yes I know that some christians like to run to the new testament to justify eating unclean foods. But dosen't the new testament say to love they neighboor and not to pass judgment? It looks like a lot of people like to pick and chose what bible verses they go by in order to suit their own particular wants and needs. SMH.

Actually the "God Hates Shrimp" people and you are incorrect. Scriptures against homosexuality are not limited to the Old Testament. The New Testament clearly speaks against homosexual acts.

Romans 1:26-27:
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

I Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind

1 Timothy 1:9-10
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

For ™™™™™mongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine

Also, as is typical of those who try to use the Bible as argument that Christians should accept homosexuality, you have misquoted and taken out of context the verses/scripture that you tried to use.

1. The Bible says we are to love everyone. It does not say that we are to accept their sinful acts. Using your logic, then the Bible also would mean that we are to accept others and their sinful acts as well, even if their sinful acts are rape, murder, child molestation, stealing, assault, or profanity.

2. The Bible does not say "Don't judge others", it says "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself." Translation, you will be judged by the same manner that you judge others. Since we are talking about Christians judging homosexuals and it is presumable that for the most part those Christians are not homosexual, they should have little fear of being judge by that measure.

mrveggieman
02-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Actually the "God Hates Shrimp" people and you are incorrect. Scriptures against homosexuality are not limited to the Old Testament. The New Testament clearly speaks against homosexual acts.

Also, as is typical of those who try to use the Bible as argument that Christians should accept homosexuality, you have misquoted and taken out of context the verses/scripture that you tried to use.

1. The Bible says we are to love everyone. It does not say that we are to accept their sinful acts. Using your logic, then the Bible also would mean that we are to accept others and their sinful acts as well, even if their sinful acts are rape, murder, child molestation, stealing, assault, or profanity.

2. The Bible does not say "Don't judge others", it says "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself." Translation, you will be judged by the same manner that you judge others. Since we are talking about Christians judging homosexuals and it is presumable that for the most part those Christians are not homosexual, they should have little fear of being judge by that measure.

Yes I do believe that homosexuality is a sin but it is not our place to pass judgement on anyone if they are not hurting others. I don't think that any religion should be forced to accept anything that goes against its core beliefs however that does not give religion the right to force it's core beliefs on non believers. If religions want to be respected the must give the same respect that they insist on getting.

ensbergcollector
02-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Yes I do believe that homosexuality is a sin but it is not our place to pass judgement on anyone if they are not hurting others. I don't think that any religion should be forced to accept anything that goes against its core beliefs however that does not give religion the right to force it's core beliefs on non believers. If religions want to be respected the must give the same respect that they insist on getting.

just curious, is this a biblical stance or a personal one?

also, saying I believe something is a sin, in no way is forcing my core beliefs on non believers.

mrveggieman
02-24-2012, 11:49 AM
just curious, is this a biblical stance or a personal one?

also, saying I believe something is a sin, in no way is forcing my core beliefs on non believers.

It's my personal belief. How can one expect someone to respect their religion and viewpoints if they refuse to respect others? Also yes we both believe that homosexuality is a sin but I am not trying to take away the rights of homosexuals by legislation just because my religion disagrees with them. You don't see too many people trying to take away rights from unmarried straight domestic partners do you?

shrewsbury
02-24-2012, 12:01 PM
"Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself." Translation, you will be judged by the same manner that you judge others. Since we are talking about Christians judging homosexuals and it is presumable that for the most part those Christians are not homosexual, they should have little fear of being judge by that measure.

this does not mean if you are not gay to judge gays, it means if you pass judgement you shall be judged in the same manner.

so passing judgement by killing someone, well guess what.
passing judgement to limit someone and you will be limited.
passing judgement to oust someone and you will be ousted.

this is for the hate mongers you accuse others of sin and claim others will burn in hell. those who picket a soldiers death and say they will burn in hell for murder, these people are passing judgement and will have a surprise in the end.

having a personal opinion is fine, but if we allow our opinions to hinder others, well that is not so good.

i am against gay marriage, but not from a biblical standpoint.
but i would not stop any gays from getting married, nor would i tell them they are wrong or sinners. i just personally am not gay, and would not marry if i was gay.(so i say)

mrveggieman
02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
this does not mean if you are not gay to judge gays, it means if you pass judgement you shall be judged in the same manner.

so passing judgement by killing someone, well guess what.
passing judgement to limit someone and you will be limited.
passing judgement to oust someone and you will be ousted.

this is for the hate mongers you accuse others of sin and claim others will burn in hell. those who picket a soldiers death and say they will burn in hell for murder, these people are passing judgement and will have a surprise in the end.

having a personal opinion is fine, but if we allow our opinions to hinder others, well that is not so good.

i am against gay marriage, but not from a biblical standpoint.
but i would not stop any gays from getting married, nor would i tell them they are wrong or sinners. i just personally am not gay, and would not marry if i was gay.(so i say)

Here is my spin on it. Homosexuality is just a small part of sexual immoratilty. Some of the people who are so hell bent against homosexuality are the same ones who cheat on their wives or have sex with people who are not on their spouse. So how can someone judge a homosexual for having immoral sex if they are having immoral sex as well the only difference is they are doing it with the opposite sex?

ensbergcollector
02-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Here is my spin on it. Homosexuality is just a small part of sexual immoratilty. Some of the people who are so hell bent against homosexuality are the same ones who cheat on their wives or have sex with people who are not on their spouse. So how can someone judge a homosexual for having immoral sex if they are having immoral sex as well the only difference is they are doing it with the opposite sex?

i get your logic but you are basically claiming that everyone is sinning sexually so all are guilty.

mrveggieman
02-24-2012, 12:54 PM
i get your logic but you are basically claiming that everyone is sinning sexually so all are guilty.

I'm not in everyone's bedroom so I can't say that everyone is sinning sexually but you would be amazed the hyprocricy of some people. Take Newt for example. He comes from a party of traditional conservative christian values but he seems to have no problem running around on his wife or simply giving her the heave ho when he finds someone new to lust after.

shrewsbury
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM

i agree, and it is crazy. and often the most vocal people are the ones doing it in secrecy!

i am not "against" homosexuality, but it is not for me. but i am against those who cheat on their loved ones, whether married or not, whether gay or not.

Wickabee
02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Well, there's two ways to look at that.

1 - No, not everyone is sinning sexually. Probably most, but not all. I'm absolutely certain there are people out there who have had sex with only their spouse and only after marriage.

2 - According to the bible, we're all incapable of a life without sin, so yes, we're all guilty in some form or other, whether it's sexual or not. There is no such thing as a person without sin, other than Jesus when he was here.

shrewsbury
02-24-2012, 06:38 PM
According to the bible, we're all incapable of a life without sin, so yes, we're all guilty in some form or other, whether it's sexual or not. There is no such thing as a person without sin, other than Jesus when he was here.

correct, but knowing you will sin and trying to do something to stop it may be the key.

i often am disturbed by statements like" anyone can be forgiven" or how you could meet the person in heaven that raped and murdered you, because god forgives all.

this is true but it has many stipulations on it. first, remember you are dealing with god, and if the fear of hell or death is the only reason you ask forgiveness, he will know.

thinking you are forgave and being forgiven can be two different things.

we all deal with sin, but it is our actions of dealing with it that seperates us.

so if god did hate shrimp, but it was your only food, would he condemn you to hell for eating it.

I can tell you, my God would not, He is understanding, but in know way a sucker!

AUTaxMan
02-24-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm not in everyone's bedroom so I can't say that everyone is sinning sexually but you would be amazed the hyprocricy of some people. Take Newt for example. He comes from a party of traditional conservative christian values but he seems to have no problem running around on his wife or simply giving her the heave ho when he finds someone new to lust after.

Fortunately for Newt and the rest of us, we have all been blessed with the gift of redemption. Nobody is perfect, so we shouldn't hold people to a standard of perfection. Even though Newt has sinned in the past, and his sexual sins have become public knowledge, that does not mean that he is a bad person or does not feel shame for what he did or is a hypocrite.

In one breath you say we shouldn't judge others, and in the other you judge Newt for his past transgressions for which he very well have been forgiven by God.

Wickabee
02-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Fortunately for Newt and the rest of us, we have all been blessed with the gift of redemption. Nobody is perfect, so we shouldn't hold people to a standard of perfection. Even though Newt has sinned in the past, and his sexual sins have become public knowledge, that does not mean that he is a bad person or does not feel shame for what he did or is a hypocrite.

In one breath you say we shouldn't judge others, and in the other you judge Newt for his past transgressions for which he very well have been forgiven by God.
Unfortunately for Newt, the second the words "sanctity of marriage" come out of his mouth, yes, he is a hypocrite.

AUTaxMan
02-25-2012, 02:20 AM
Unfortunately for Newt, the second the words "sanctity of marriage" come out of his mouth, yes, he is a hypocrite.

Nope. Not if he is truly contrite for what he did. You are only a hypocrite if your actions don't reflect your professed beliefs. People can change their opinions about things, you know.

Wickabee
02-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Nope. Not if he is truly contrite for what he did. You are only a hypocrite if your actions don't reflect your professed beliefs. People can change their opinions about things, you know.
Oh, absolutely. However, some people can't change, and I think if you twice leave your spouse immediately following a bad diagnosis, you're probably not sorry and probably would do it again.

There is a point where you've just gone too far. In my mind, Newt's so far past the line he doesn't believe it exists anymore. Am I right? Only he and God know for sure, but I am judging based on his actions, since that's what I have to go on.

EDIT: I'll put it this way. If I finish a beer, then talk about the evils of drinking, then crack another beer, finish it, talk about the evils of drinking (continue) am I not a hypocrite? Just because I'm not drinking as I speak of the evils of drinking. Only around it.

Same with Newt, he speaks of the sanctity of marriage, his wife is diagnosed with cancer, he dupms her, speaks of the sanctity of marriage, new wife diagnosed with MS, he dumps her.

I guess since he isn't discussing the sanctity of marriage at the moment he dumps his wife that means he's not a hypocrite?

ensbergcollector
02-25-2012, 12:57 PM
i think a lot of christians issues with homosexuality is what I will call "lifestyle."

i post this only for clarification, not to debate anyone. i know not everyone thinks that homosexuality is a sin. i am clarifying the stance of those that do.

according to most religions, homosexuality is a sin. yes, sin is forgivable assuming you are repentant. Repentant literally means to turn away from. If you are homosexual and have embraced that, whether by living together, getting married, or simply acting out on your homosexuality, then you have not turn away from your sin. instead, you have decided that your lifestyle will embrace that sin.
For me, the same can be said of people who are living together and sleeping together before marriage. Both, according to the bible, are sexual sins. In both instances, someone has chosen to live a lifestyle of embracing that sin.

I think there is a big difference in someone who has urges to sin, and might even sin on occasion, but is trying to turn away from that sin. And someone who has decided that their sin is just a part of who they are and therefore have no desire to turn away.

home that made sense. not trying to argue, just trying to explain a little.

Wickabee
02-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Here's a question for Christians.
Now, mental problems aside (genuine psychopaths and such) is a sin really a sin if you truly believe in your heart it is not?
For example, homosexuality. Now, Christians would see someone living that lifestyle and call him/her a sinner. But that person truly believes it is not a sin. Truly and genuinely believes homosexuality is an okay thing in the eyes of God.

Now, I realize this sort of falls into "ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking said law" but we're not talking about cold, hard law here. We're talking about a loving and fair God.

If the sin of the body is not a true sin of the heart, is it real sin?

theonedru
02-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Th thing you must remember and people forget is that the Bible is INSPIRED by God but WRITTEN by man as such its just a bunch of humans thoughts on the way we should live our lives not Gods. a such eat what you want when you want but remember those creatures you consume gave of themselves so you can go on.

ensbergcollector
02-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Here's a question for Christians.
Now, mental problems aside (genuine psychopaths and such) is a sin really a sin if you truly believe in your heart it is not?
For example, homosexuality. Now, Christians would see someone living that lifestyle and call him/her a sinner. But that person truly believes it is not a sin. Truly and genuinely believes homosexuality is an okay thing in the eyes of God.

Now, I realize this sort of falls into "ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking said law" but we're not talking about cold, hard law here. We're talking about a loving and fair God.

If the sin of the body is not a true sin of the heart, is it real sin?

is there anyone who would actually argue that they think homosexuality is acceptable in the eyes of God? i know people will argue that "God gave me these desires so they can't be wrong" but that is in no way a justification. Once kids become teenagers they have a strong desire to have sex. However, the bible clearly states that sex is for marriage. could teenagers have all the sex they want and just say "God gave me these desires so they cant be wrong"?

StainLss
02-25-2012, 02:01 PM

Why is God's law not the "cold hard" law? If God is sovereign how can we possibly say his law is not 100% correct, and perfect. Yes you are right God is Love and God is Just. But part of loving your child is disciplining your child. If God did not discipline us (hell) for breaking his rules.. there would be no point for the rules. We have God's law so we follow it... if God was okay with us breaking his laws he would not have made them and Hell would not exist

Wickabee
02-25-2012, 03:56 PM
is there anyone who would actually argue that they think homosexuality is acceptable in the eyes of God? i know people will argue that "God gave me these desires so they can't be wrong" but that is in no way a justification. Once kids become teenagers they have a strong desire to have sex. However, the bible clearly states that sex is for marriage. could teenagers have all the sex they want and just say "God gave me these desires so they cant be wrong"?
I'm sure many could. Most notably those who believe in God but not the Bible itself.

Why is God's law not the "cold hard" law? If God is sovereign how can we possibly say his law is not 100% correct, and perfect. Yes you are right God is Love and God is Just. But part of loving your child is disciplining your child. If God did not discipline us (hell) for breaking his rules.. there would be no point for the rules. We have God's law so we follow it... if God was okay with us breaking his laws he would not have made them and Hell would not exist
2 things:
1 - God's law changes. Case in point, it used to be wrong to eat shrimp. It's not now.

2 - If God's discipline is hell, what's the point? Or rather, why do you discipline your children (if you have any)? Is it to punish or to teach? I think most would agree the ultimate goal of discipline is to teach. But if the discipline is an eternity in hell, what are you teaching and what purpose does that lesson serve? To me it seems the answer would be none.
This is why I don't believe in hell, it serves absolutely no purpose to a loving and just God. It only serves purpose to a vengeful, angry, jealous God.

StainLss
02-25-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm sure many could. Most notably those who believe in God but not the Bible itself.

2 things:
1 - God's law changes. Case in point, it used to be wrong to eat shrimp. It's not now.

2 - If God's discipline is hell, what's the point? Or rather, why do you discipline your children (if you have any)? Is it to punish or to teach? I think most would agree the ultimate goal of discipline is to teach. But if the discipline is an eternity in hell, what are you teaching and what purpose does that lesson serve? To me it seems the answer would be none.
This is why I don't believe in hell, it serves absolutely no purpose to a loving and just God. It only serves purpose to a vengeful, angry, jealous God.

Who are we to judge what God decides to do? We only know love and punishment in our human minds. How can we even begin to think we can contemplate Gods love? Also do you believe God is not Angry and Jealous?

Anger
Behold, the day of the Lord comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the land a desolation and to destroy its sinners from it. Isaiah 13:9

Then the anger of the Lord will be kindled against you, and you shall perish quickly from off the good land that he has given to you. Joshua 23:16

While the food was still in their mouths, the anger of God rose against them, and he killed the strongest of them and laid low the young men of Israel. Psalm 78:30-31

Jealous
for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.

I honestly don't know your background, with God but I really think you have the wrong image of God in your mind. He is NOT the happy go lucky, puppies, and cupcakes, skipping through fields of flowers God, that people like Joel Osteen preach about. Our God hates our sin, it is everything he is not. Im Gods eyes everything IS black and white. God can not love sin, he does not let unrepentant sinners into his kingdom, their sins have not been payed for and God will not be around that.

As for the laws changing they changed with the New Covenant (or New Promise) God was allowing Jesus to pay for our sins, we no longer had to make sacrifices and keep some laws of the Old Testament, because Jesus's blood was spilled in our names. We no longer had to give anything to God, our debt had been payed.

pspstatus
02-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Who are we to judge what God decides to do? We only know love and punishment in our human minds. How can we even begin to think we can contemplate Gods love? Also do you believe God is not Angry and Jealous?

I honestly don't know your background, with God but I really think you have the wrong image of God in your mind. He is NOT the happy go lucky, puppies, and cupcakes, skipping through fields of flowers God, that people like Joel Osteen preach about. Our God hates our sin, it is everything he is not. Im Gods eyes everything IS black and white. God can not love sin, he does not let unrepentant sinners into his kingdom, their sins have not been payed for and God will not be around that.

As for the laws changing they changed with the New Covenant (or New Promise) God was allowing Jesus to pay for our sins, we no longer had to make sacrifices and keep some laws of the Old Testament, because Jesus's blood was spilled in our names. We no longer had to give anything to God, our debt had been payed.

This illustrates a huge problem I have. You're right, it's actually pretty clear in the Bible that God doesn't go around shooting rainbows out of his fingers. To read the Bible is to see that God seems to be very fond of vengeance certainly. He is obsessed with being constantly praised and worshipped. His ego led him to destroy Job to prove to Satan how loyal his followers were. He also has proven through the Bible that if you defy him his wrath and brutality know no bounds. I remember reading one story about some kids making fun of a bald monk or priest. Their punishment? Being mauled by bears. Huh?!

That type of being reminds me of a tyrant maybe someone who would have ruled during the time that the Bible was written. A king perhaps who demanded undying loyalty from his people using harsh punishments on the ones who defied him. Something like a Roman Emperor throwing Christians to the lions.

Why does God, being superior to humans, stoop to using comparable tactics to that of the most evil of us mortals? Also if he hates sin so strongly then why would he himself resort to sinful acts like getting revenge?

Wickabee
02-26-2012, 12:37 PM
I do believe God can become angry and jealous. However, the concept of Hell, which is eternal with no hope of getting out, is not a concept any loving and just God would use to teach, merely to punish.

So yes, I do believe he is those things, but he is so much more and hell doesn`t fit into anyone`s plans except Satan. Hell is a concept of man and I strongly believe that.

As for judging God's law, don't look now, but everyone does it, especially religious people.

AUTaxMan
02-26-2012, 03:26 PM
I do believe God can become angry and jealous. However, the concept of Hell, which is eternal with no hope of getting out, is not a concept any loving and just God would use to teach, merely to punish.

So yes, I do believe he is those things, but he is so much more and hell doesn`t fit into anyone`s plans except Satan. Hell is a concept of man and I strongly believe that.

As for judging God's law, don't look now, but everyone does it, especially religious people.

Since heaven is the reward for being faithful to God, maybe hell is merely the absence of that reward.

ensbergcollector
02-26-2012, 04:40 PM

hell was spoken about too often by Jesus himself for us to say it is a concept of man.

however, i do believe that hell is the absence of God

Wickabee
02-26-2012, 05:06 PM
I am completely unaware of Jesus speaking of a place of eternal torment. Please enlighten me on that.

I am aware of a "Lake of Fire" being mentioned that the unfaithful would be cast into and destroyed, but that is not Hell.

MadMan1978
02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
I find the web site and those who have the same thoughts on gay's very offensive!
as for all the BIBLE quotes gents....I just remember one thing...the Bible was written by MEN...

mrveggieman
02-27-2012, 09:34 AM
i think a lot of christians issues with homosexuality is what I will call "lifestyle."

i post this only for clarification, not to debate anyone. i know not everyone thinks that homosexuality is a sin. i am clarifying the stance of those that do.

according to most religions, homosexuality is a sin. yes, sin is forgivable assuming you are repentant. Repentant literally means to turn away from. If you are homosexual and have embraced that, whether by living together, getting married, or simply acting out on your homosexuality, then you have not turn away from your sin. instead, you have decided that your lifestyle will embrace that sin.
For me, the same can be said of people who are living together and sleeping together before marriage. Both, according to the bible, are sexual sins. In both instances, someone has chosen to live a lifestyle of embracing that sin.

I think there is a big difference in someone who has urges to sin, and might even sin on occasion, but is trying to turn away from that sin. And someone who has decided that their sin is just a part of who they are and therefore have no desire to turn away.

home that made sense. not trying to argue, just trying to explain a little.

+1 Good points.

ensbergcollector
02-27-2012, 11:13 AM
I am completely unaware of Jesus speaking of a place of eternal torment. Please enlighten me on that.

I am aware of a "Lake of Fire" being mentioned that the unfaithful would be cast into and destroyed, but that is not Hell.

jesus speaks of hell a ton. what do you think the lake of fire is exactly?

jesus refers to hell over 50 times but here are a few:

Mark 9:43-48: And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched."

Matt 25:41: "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels."