PDA

View Full Version : The Perversion of Rights

AUTaxMan
02-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Here's a great article by Mark Steyn on the perversion of how Americans and most Westerners view as human "rights."

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/291919/perversion-rights-mark-steyn?pg=1

mrveggieman
02-27-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm sorry but I couldn't stop starting at the pic of Danica. Can I say that on here? Lol. Seriously though I already knew before reading what type of article this is. No one in the Obama administration is trying to stiffle religious freedom. They are only providing a means to reduce unwanted pregnancies which would reduce unwanted abortions which is something that Catholics and other consertative Christians are agianst anyway. I don't get what the big deal is.

AUTaxMan
02-27-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry but I couldn't stop starting at the pic of Danica. Can I say that on here? Lol. Seriously though I already knew before reading what type of article this is. No one in the Obama administration is trying to stiffle religious freedom. They are only providing a means to reduce unwanted pregnancies which would reduce unwanted abortions which is something that Catholics and other consertative Christians are agianst anyway. I don't get what the big deal is.

The article is not about the contraception issue. Let's not derail the discussion onto that topic.

duane1969
02-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Best quote of the article...

Eight centuries later, we have entirely inverted the principle: “Rights” are now gifts that a benign king graciously showers upon his subjects — the right to “free” health care, to affordable housing, the “right of access to a free placement service” (to quote the European Constitution’s “rights” for workers).

---------------------------------------------

You either did not read the article or you missed the point. It isn't about birth control.

mrveggieman
02-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Best quote of the article...

---------------------------------------------

You either did not read the article or you missed the point. It isn't about birth control.

I skimmed through the article but did not read the whole thing. I already knew what the agenda of the writer is without having to read the whole thing.

duane1969
02-27-2012, 02:13 PM
I skimmed through the article but did not read the whole thing. I already knew what the agenda of the writer is without having to read the whole thing.

Then you missed the point because you clearly have no idea what the agenda was. HINT: It was not birth control.

angel0430
02-27-2012, 02:17 PM
I think that people are so tired of having a government that can't make up their minds on anything, that their last resort is to leave them alone and do whatever they think is best for the country. And this goes to both parties. They can never agree on anything.

And Yes, Danica is HOT!!!

mrveggieman
02-27-2012, 02:29 PM
I think that people are so tired of having a government that can't make up their minds on anything, that their last resort is to leave them alone and do whatever they think is best for the country. And this goes to both parties. They can never agree on anything.

And Yes, Danica is HOT!!!

Can I get an amen!!

tsjct
02-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Can I get an amen!!

Whats funny is People only want gov't when its GOOD for them!

duane1969
02-27-2012, 02:41 PM

Church!! :love0030:

mrveggieman
02-27-2012, 02:41 PM

I actually agree with you on that my friend.