PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Tragedy Chardon, Ohio

cavaliersfan30
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Please say prayer for all the victims of this horrible tragedy....a school shooting at the high school....

3 DEAD NOW 2 injured.

It is hard day to hear of what happened having grown up close by. I grew up with people from Chardon, and worked in the area.

duane1969
02-27-2012, 02:00 PM
This is horrible. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57385710-504083/chardon-high-school-shooting-multiple-students-wounded-at-ohio-school/

Kudos to the coach and teacher who chased the shooter out of the school.

cavaliersfan30
02-27-2012, 02:03 PM
yea, i grew up 20 minutes from there, one of my friends grew up in chardon, I went to prom and homecoming there, I did some local work out there...it was tough pill to swallow to see that

mrveggieman
02-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow. All or my very best goes out to the victims and their loved ones.

tsjct
02-27-2012, 02:59 PM
I know it would be expensive but what are your thoughts on all Schools having metal detectors at every entrance? I know here in texas we spend Millions on Football Stadiums for our athletes, how about some of that money being spent on safety for all of our kids?

mrveggieman
02-27-2012, 03:11 PM
I know it would be expensive but what are your thoughts on all Schools having metal detectors at every entrance? I know here in texas we spend Millions on Football Stadiums for our athletes, how about some of that money being spent on safety for all of our kids?

There are some schools aready doing that. It's kind of a sad commentary on our society that we have to come to that but if it saves the life of 1 child I'm all for it.

tsjct
02-27-2012, 03:14 PM
There are some schools aready doing that. It's kind of a sad commentary on our society that we have to come to that but if it saves the life of 1 child I'm all for it.

me too! I say we have to do whatever it takes to make our kids safe. There are all ways going to be those nuts that will do crazy things like this but if we can make it harder for them to even try it, its well worth the money.

cavaliersfan30
02-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Well maybe they will have police at the high school, I mean the school I graduated from there was a stabbing at last year which may have been racially motivated and now they have police at the school

theonedru
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Kids should not have such easy access to weapons, whose ever gun this was deserves the same punishment as the student shooter.

duane1969
02-27-2012, 08:41 PM
If the school takes the time to do it there are grants associated with school safety that can be had. Our school district gets a grant every year that allows the placement of a county sheriff in every secondary school.

We also have security access panels for all doors. The side doors require a scan card which is only given out to school staff. To enter the front door you have to be buzzed in and are vierwed on camera before entering the facility.

There are ways to protect schools. Saying "it will never happen here" is niave.

duane1969
02-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Kids should not have such easy access to weapons, whose ever gun this was deserves the same punishment as the student shooter.

So would you also advocate punishing "the other person" in these situations?...

A kid steals mom's car keys and drives thru the school yard running down students. Does mom deserve to be punished for not keeping her keys in a secure location?

A kid steals dad's can of lawn mower gas and burns down the school. Should dad be prosecuted for not locking up his gasoline can?

A kid steals a knife from the department store and stabs numerous students at school with it. Should the department store manager be prosecuted for not keeping the knives in a locking case?

I agree that there needs to be responsible gun ownership, but it is not irresponsible to think that your guns are safe in your home and to trust your own family members to not use them to do wrong.

cavaliersfan30
02-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Not yet confirmed but they are saying a second kid has died...

BGT Masters
02-27-2012, 10:34 PM

A kid steals mom's car keys and drives thru the school yard running down students. Does mom deserve to be punished for not keeping her keys in a secure location?

A kid steals dad's can of lawn mower gas and burns down the school. Should dad be prosecuted for not locking up his gasoline can?

A kid steals a knife from the department store and stabs numerous students at school with it. Should the department store manager be prosecuted for not keeping the knives in a locking case?

I agree that there needs to be responsible gun ownership, but it is not irresponsible to think that your guns are safe in your home and to trust your own family members to not use them to do wrong.

I was thinking the same thing. Though I do believe guns should be locked up.

CavFanatic31
02-27-2012, 10:47 PM
I am fairly near the area as well.

I have recently heard something about a 3rd person died, but nothing confirmed yet

Another school near Cleveland called Success Tech had a shooting as well, which didn't kill anyone other than the gunman. I know many school near Cleveland, especially inner-city have metal detectors because of that shooting which happened a few years ago.

cavaliersfan30
02-27-2012, 11:02 PM
when it is all done, I only think think the girl will survive, because the kid at hillcrest is in bad shape, very sad day...

shrewsbury
02-27-2012, 11:12 PM
maybe we should figure out what triggers these actions and help these kids before it comes to this.

no police, no metal det, is going to stop someone, they will just move to the parking lot, the street, or somewhere else.

CavFanatic31
02-27-2012, 11:38 PM
maybe we should figure out what triggers these actions and help these kids before it comes to this.

no police, no metal det, is going to stop someone, they will just move to the parking lot, the street, or somewhere else.

Even more interesting was what the kid was posting on facebook in January and recently... Something along the lines of telling people he will make them die. This is actually common it seems to me in these shootings but doesn't come up until afterward

cavaliersfan30
02-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Two for sure confirmed dead...they havent released the name but I am pretty sure it was one of the male students

theonedru
02-28-2012, 01:52 AM

If the person who owned the gun secured it in a safe location away from people like this then it would all be a non issue. unfortunately someone was negligent and allowed this to happen.

cavaliersfan30
02-28-2012, 02:14 AM
three are now confirmed dead...he was on life support and was just taken off....I hope the other two at hillcrest survive people please pray!!

theonedru
02-28-2012, 02:21 PM
This is happening way to much in America today, we need drastic measures to help prevent these things happening.

cavaliersfan30
02-29-2012, 12:08 AM
lets just have some prayers for the victims of this tragedy!!