PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia bans Erykah Badu because of Allah tatoo

mrveggieman
02-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Wow. The sad part about this is the so called religious right had their way she would be banned over here too. SMH.

http://www.mercurynews.com/music/ci_20061903?source=rss

AUTaxMan
02-29-2012, 12:06 PM
The sad part about this is the so called religious right had their way she would be banned over here too.

That is not true. Please stop with these inflammatory statements.

ensbergcollector
02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Wow. The sad part about this is the so called religious right had their way she would be banned over here too. SMH.

have you just given up making any statements that involve truth?

AUTaxMan
02-29-2012, 12:14 PM
It's nothing more than inflammatory language that he is using to incite a flame war. It adds nothing substantive to the discussion.

mrveggieman
02-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Let me ask the both of you this. What world do you live in? If someone comes out and say that they practice any form of islam or even mention the word allah they are branded as either a terrorist or terrorist supporter. Are they not? Both of you participated in the discussion about the NYPD following around the innocent muslims around NY/NJ. Please take off your religious and political blinders and stop pretending that racism and religious intollerance do not occur in america.

AUTaxMan
02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
If someone comes out and say that they practice any form of islam or even mention the word allah they are branded as either a terrorist or terrorist supporter. Are they not?

No, they aren't.

Please take off your religious and political blinders and stop pretending that racism and religious intollerance do not occur in america.

We all acknowledge that racism exists, but please stop acting like it directly affects every facet of society and has a place in every discussion. It does not.

mrveggieman
02-29-2012, 02:06 PM
No, they aren't.

We all acknowledge that racism exists, but please stop acting like it directly affects every facet of society and has a place in every discussion. It does not.

It dosen't affect every disscussion but it is a part of this one. Also go to a to a public place in alabama, tell everyone that you just converted to islam and see how far you go.

duane1969
02-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Let me ask the both of you this. What world do you live in? If someone comes out and say that they practice any form of islam or even mention the word allah they are branded as either a terrorist or terrorist supporter. Are they not? Both of you participated in the discussion about the NYPD following around the innocent muslims around NY/NJ. Please take off your religious and political blinders and stop pretending that racism and religious intollerance do not occur in america.

While I have seen dozens of outright derogatory statements about Christians (mostly by you) I have not seen a single statement by anyone that anyone who supports or is Muslim is a terrorist. Please provide proof.

mrveggieman
02-29-2012, 02:12 PM
While I have seen dozens of outright derogatory statements about Christians (mostly by you) I have not seen a single statement by anyone that anyone who supports or is Muslim is a terrorist. Please provide proof.

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/2012/01/06/rick-santorum%e2%80%99s-islamophobia-problem/

duane1969
02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/2012/01/06/rick-santorum%e2%80%99s-islamophobia-problem/

So your general statement was directed at the world and not at the PR board? Because the way you worded it your statement was directed at members here.

As for that website, I am baffled as to how it justifies your claim that anyone who supports or is Muslim is labeled a terrorist. That article does nothing to support your claim.

What's more, in spite of that articles best effort to paint Santorum as a Muslim hater, it repeatedly points out that he clarifies that he is talking about terrorist and extremist. So again, it does nothing to support your unfounded claim and fails to even be an effective article.

And furthermore, wanting to eradicate and eliminate radical extremist is neither wrong nor phobic. It is logical. Anyone who sees eliminating extremist, regalrdless of religion, as wrong or phobic has a severely misguided sense of right and wrong.

AUTaxMan
02-29-2012, 02:29 PM
It dosen't affect every disscussion but it is a part of this one. Also go to a to a public place in alabama, tell everyone that you just converted to islam and see how far you go.

Do you think they will beat me up or something? Are all Alabamians racist and Islamaphobic too?

mrveggieman
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Do you think they will beat me up or something? Are all Alabamians racist and Islamaphobic too?

You tell me. I go by people who live and work there every day. You are one of them so I would love to get your spin on it.

mrveggieman
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Erykah Badu holds no hard feelings toward the gov't of Malaysia:

http://www.thegrio.com/entertainment/erykah-badu-holds-no-grudge-against-malaysian-government-for-cancelling-her-concert.php

ensbergcollector
03-01-2012, 10:23 AM
as a minister and someone who is usually on the "right" side of issues I guess I could be classified as being part of the religious right. I would absolutely not want anyone banned or kicked out or punished for believing differently than I and would oppose any attempt to do so.
I get angered at your over-exaggerations that you attempt to paint as fact. You take every effort to condemn anyone who is an outspoken christian and defend anyone who isn't. Your attitude shows more racism and hatred than any of the christians on this forum. Crying racism when there isn't any does nearly as much damage to race relations as actual racism.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 10:32 AM
as a minister and someone who is usually on the "right" side of issues I guess I could be classified as being part of the religious right. I would absolutely not want anyone banned or kicked out or punished for believing differently than I and would oppose any attempt to do so.
I get angered at your over-exaggerations that you attempt to paint as fact. You take every effort to condemn anyone who is an outspoken christian and defend anyone who isn't. Your attitude shows more racism and hatred than any of the christians on this forum. Crying racism when there isn't any does nearly as much damage to race relations as actual racism.

I know that I'm getting up there in age and my memory does not serve me as well as it did when I was your age :sign0020: but please show me where I made any degoratory remarks about christians or christanity as a whole on this thread. As we all know my beef is with religious fanatics such as the so called "christian" religious righout or the muslim taliban for example who prevert and hijack their religion to spread bigotry and hatred but I have no problem whatsoever with christians or christanity, muslims or islam or any other person's religion or the peaceful practice of their chosen religion.

ensbergcollector
03-01-2012, 10:53 AM
I know that I'm getting up there in age and my memory does not serve me as well as it did when I was your age :sign0020: but please show me where I made any degoratory remarks about christians or christanity as a whole on this thread. As we all know my beef is with religious fanatics such as the so called "christian" religious righout or the muslim taliban for example who prevert and hijack their religion to spread bigotry and hatred but I have no problem whatsoever with christians or christanity, muslims or islam or any other person's religion or the peaceful practice of their chosen religion.

simply saying that the religious right would want the same treatment as malaysia is insulting and hateful.

nice deflection, feel free to respond to my actual post. your issue isn't just with those who pervert their religion. you have made derogatory statements at christians for believing that jesus is the only way to heaven, which, last I checked, is part of being a christian.

duane1969
03-01-2012, 11:09 AM

I think he was speaking moreso about your general theme, not comments within this thread. A quick look at the threads you have started shows a pattern of anti-Christian themes or intent to attack some Christian position or ideal.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 11:12 AM
simply saying that the religious right would want the same treatment as malaysia is insulting and hateful.

nice deflection, feel free to respond to my actual post. your issue isn't just with those who pervert their religion. you have made derogatory statements at christians for believing that jesus is the only way to heaven, which, last I checked, is part of being a christian.

I said that people should be able to believe whatever they want weather it is the belieft that jesus will get you into heaven or if you believe that donald duck is the only way to get into heaven. However if you or anyone else comes to a public forum and says that your religion is the right and only way to get into heaven and someone demands proof and you say you cant provide proof you just have to take my word on it don't get mad when you lose credibility among the group. Again I support and defend your right to worship as you see fit but people do have the right to ask for proof of any claims that are made about politics and religion. This is not a knock on you, christianity or any religion but it is what it is.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 11:16 AM
I think he was speaking moreso about your general theme, not comments within this thread. A quick look at the threads you have started shows a pattern of anti-Christian themes or intent to attack some Christian position or ideal.

Again my beef is with religious extremists not christians. I know that ya'll remember the threads that I started about the muslim extremists and where I clowned saudi arabia for having a cheif of religious police. On the cool I respect the extremist muslims countries more than I respect the so called religious right over here because at least they don't hide what they are trying to do over there unlike what some of our more extreme christian bretheren over here like to do.

AUTaxMan
03-01-2012, 11:44 AM
at least they don't hide what they are trying to do over there unlike what some of our more extreme christian bretheren over here like to do.

What, exactly, are you talking about? Do you have any specific facts to back up these allegations?

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 12:29 PM
What, exactly, are you talking about? Do you have any specific facts to back up these allegations?

Look at the laws of muslim countries. They are cut and dry about what they are trying to say and do. Compare that to the GOP/religious right over here over here. They speak on one hand that they are out for individual freedom and against gov't interefence but they have no problem interefering with muslims. It looks like both groups only want their own intrests protected but only one of them is actually man enough to admit it.

ensbergcollector
03-01-2012, 12:34 PM
but according to you, the only muslims who support and like those laws are the ones in charge. <br />
<br />
also, i love you have make leaps from, &quot;people are ok with people being investigated&quot; to &quot;the...

duane1969
03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Look at the laws of muslim countries. They are cut and dry about what they are trying to say and do. Compare that to the GOP/religious right over here over here. They speak on one hand that they are out for individual freedom and against gov't interefence but they have no problem interefering with muslims. It looks like both groups only want their own intrests protected but only one of them is actually man enough to admit it.

If America were a militant Christian-controlled country then you may actually have a point.

How you justify comparing places like Iran and Afghanistan where members of other religions are executed for not being Muslim to Christians in America is beyond me.

Remind me again how you never say anything derogatory about Christians...

Star_Cards
03-01-2012, 03:21 PM

I don't know of that is exactly true. Our country has some religious fanatics, but I'm not sure we've heard things about banning a person or another religion from the country, on a whole anyway.