PDA

View Full Version : KKK flyers distributed out in Newnan, Ga.

mrveggieman
02-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Wow. The more things change the more they stay the same. SMH.

http://www.thegrio.com/news/kkk-flyers-distributed-to-homes-in-georgia-town.php

duane1969
02-29-2012, 08:14 PM
That is pretty narrow minded of them but there are idiots everywhere. Not sure how it implies that things stay the same. The subdivision managers tried to remove them, the residents were outraged...if things had not changed then this would never have made the news much less been something that the residents were upset about.

theonedru
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
I see nothing wrong with them distributing fliers. Nothing against the law about it, dumbest thing people can do about stuff like this is make a stink about it. next time just recycle the things.

duane1969
03-01-2012, 08:54 AM
I see nothing wrong with them distributing fliers. Nothing against the law about it, dumbest thing people can do about stuff like this is make a stink about it. next time just recycle the things.

That's what I would have done. Giving these types of people media attention just encourages them to do it again and to do it bigger.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm trying to figure out how is passing out flyers to join a criminal organization not illegal. If that the case why not hand out flyers to join the mob, bloods, crips or a mexican drug cartel. SMH.

AUTaxMan
03-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm trying to figure out how is passing out flyers to join a criminal organization not illegal. If that the case why not hand out flyers to join the mob, bloods, crips or a mexican drug cartel. SMH.

It's called the first amendment.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 09:59 AM
It's called the first amendment.

I do understand first amendment protections but since the klan is about promoting violence and illegal activities just like other criminal organizations wouldn't this be the equivilent of yelling fire in a crowded theater where there is no fire?

duane1969
03-01-2012, 10:05 AM

They actually do. I can't find the link now but there was an article about flyers being posted on telephone poles in some Texas towns recruiting to the Mexican drug cartels.

I imagine the mafia avoids drawing attention to themselves as much as possible.

Bloods and Crips don't need to recruit, they have kids lining up to be a part of their criminal society.

AUTaxMan
03-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I do understand first amendment protections but since the klan is about promoting violence and illegal activities just like other criminal organizations wouldn't this be the equivilent of yelling fire in a crowded theater where there is no fire?

Well, a state could prohibit it by law, within reason. However, we don't want to get into the realm of punishing people for their thoughts instead of their actions.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Well, a state could prohibit it by law, within reason. However, we don't want to get into the realm of punishing people for their thoughts instead of their actions.

So how is it ok for the klan to pass out hate material and the gov't dosen't want to punish them for their thoughts but they then turn around and follow around innocent, non violent, law abiding, tax paying citizens based soley on their race and religion?

AUTaxMan
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Because investigating someone is not a violation of constitutional rights. You should take a class on con law.

ensbergcollector
03-01-2012, 10:19 AM
So how is it ok for the klan to pass out hate material and the gov't dosen't want to punish them for their thoughts but they then turn around and follow around innocent, non violent, law abiding, tax paying citizens based soley on their race and religion?

if it makes you feel any better I would have doubt that members of the KKK are followed around as well.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Because investigating someone is not a violation of constitutional rights. You should take a class on con law.

Yes I understand the constitution and I have taken law classes but I don't like where this is leading to if the gov't continues down this path. You have to look at the whole overall picture and not just disragard it because it dosent affect you.

ensbergcollector
03-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Yes I understand the constitution and I have taken law classes but I don't like where this is leading to if the gov't continues down this path. You have to look at the whole overall picture and not just disragard it because it dosent affect you.

i don't think anyone is disregarding it because it doesn't affect us. Multiple have said, if we were being looked at the same way, we wouldn't care. Infringement on rights is unacceptable. Investigating and watching isn't. If I enter an establishment known to frequent illegal activities, do you not think the cops will check me out even if I am perfectly innocent?

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 10:35 AM
i don't think anyone is disregarding it because it doesn't affect us. Multiple have said, if we were being looked at the same way, we wouldn't care. Infringement on rights is unacceptable. Investigating and watching isn't. If I enter an establishment known to frequent illegal activities, do you not think the cops will check me out even if I am perfectly innocent?

So going into a house of worship is reason to belive that one is engaged in illegal activities? Wow our founding fathers must be turning over in their graves right now. :rolleyes:

ensbergcollector
03-01-2012, 10:54 AM
So going into a house of worship is reason to belive that one is engaged in illegal activities? Wow our founding fathers must be turning over in their graves right now. :rolleyes:

depends on the house of worship. if my church had a large number of extremists as members, I would probably be checked out pretty hard core.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 11:01 AM
depends on the house of worship. if my church had a large number of extremists as members, I would probably be checked out pretty hard core.

Pick any religious house of worship that is open to the public and has a large membership and I'm sure that you will find some shady characters. My own bishop will even admits that he would not trust everyone who goes to our church in his house or around his daughter. Would you be ok with being followed around because of the actions of one of your parishoners?

duane1969
03-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Pick any religious house of worship that is open to the public and has a large membership and I'm sure that you will find some shady characters. My own bishop will even admits that he would not trust everyone who goes to our church in his house or around his daughter. We you be ok with being followed around because of the actions of one of your parishoners?

He said a large number. You come back with "one parishoner". You are trying to twist what he said.

ANY church that has a large number of extremist will inevitably be watched. A church that has one nutjob will probably not.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
He said a large number. You come back with "one parishoner". You are trying to twist what he said.

ANY church that has a large number of extremist will inevitably be watched. A church that has one nutjob will probably not.

And how are we to know who is a nutjob and who is not? Should backround checks and mental evaluations be required before going to any house of worship?

AUTaxMan
03-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Is it your position that Muslims pose no more threat to national security than do Christian extremists?

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Is it your position that Muslims pose no more threat to national security than do Christian extremists?

Any criminal organization from street gangs to the mob, to racist hate groups, to religious extremists are all security threats. I want to gov't to go after them all and not just pick and chose to fight the ones who do not look and speak just like them.

ensbergcollector
03-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Any criminal organization from street gangs to the mob, to racist hate groups, to religious extremists are all security threats. I want to gov't to go after them all and not just pick and chose to fight the ones who do not look and speak just like them.

you really think the cops are keeping tabs on gangs, kkk, and religious extremists of all religions? come on man, even you can't believe that.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 12:51 PM
you really think the cops are keeping tabs on gangs, kkk, and religious extremists of all religions? come on man, even you can't believe that.

I'm sure that the feds are keeping tabs on everyone it's just a same that they enjoy going after some killers more than others because of trivial reasons.

AUTaxMan
03-01-2012, 01:33 PM

Are you saying that they are all equal security threats?

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Are you saying that they are all equal security threats?

Any group that uses violence and intimidation is a security threat. The all have the same goal. To kill innocent people. The reason for them wanting to kill me or my loved one is not going to make me feel any better or worse for that matter and the gov't needs to take all security threats seriously.

AUTaxMan
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Any group that uses violence and intimidation is a security threat. The all have the same goal. To kill innocent people. The reason for them wanting to kill me or my loved one is not going to make me feel any better or worse for that matter and the gov't needs to take all security threats seriously.

So no one group poses any more danger than the others?

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 02:44 PM
So no one group poses any more danger than the others?

You would think that someone who wants to kill you just because you are minding your own business is the same danger regardless of their motivation for wanting to killing you. :rolleyes:

AUTaxMan
03-01-2012, 02:44 PM
You would think that someone who wants to kill you just because you are minding your own business is the same danger regardless of their motivation for wanting to killing you. :rolleyes:

Answer my question.

duane1969
03-01-2012, 02:45 PM
And how are we to know who is a nutjob and who is not? Should backround checks and mental evaluations be required before going to any house of worship?

Dude, I have no intentions of going with you on a pointless journey. I get it. All Muslims are good people that mean no harm and are just victims of the evil whitey Christians controlling the media and portraying them in a poor light.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Dude, I have no intentions of going with you on a pointless journey. I get it. All Muslims are good people that mean no harm and are just victims of the evil whitey Christians controlling the media and portraying them in a poor light.

I never said that but if that's how you feel then roll with it. What I am saying is that all terror groups weather domestic or international should be fought by our gov't regardless of the groups religion, race or intended targets. I guarantee that none of you that are ok with the klan passing out literature would be ok with the taliban passing out literature in your neighboorhood.

duane1969
03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I never said that but if that's how you feel then roll with it. What I am saying is that all terror groups weather domestic or international should be fought by our gov't regardless of the groups religion, race or intended targets. I guarantee that none of you that are ok with the klan passing out literature would be ok with the taliban passing out literature in your neighboorhood.

Your logic is so severely flawed it isn't even funny. 9 of the top 10 terrorist organizations in the world are Muslim but you think that John Boy waving his rebel flag and toting a shotgun should get equal attention from anti-terror efforts.

And as usual, you pervert what people say to accuse them of something they didn't say and try to divert. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY said they were OK with passing out Klan literature.

mrveggieman
03-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Your logic is so severely flawed it isn't even funny. 9 of the top 10 terrorist organizations in the world are Muslim but you think that John Boy waving his rebel flag and toting a shotgun should get equal attention from anti-terror efforts.

And as usual, you pervert what people say to accuse them of something they didn't say and try to divert. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY said they were OK with passing out Klan literature.

If someone can get in an argument and say kill you and get investaged for terroristic threats even though they have no means nor the intention on killing anyone you damn right I want the feds to go after Johnny Boy for waving his rebel flag, toting a shotgun and passing out kkk propaganda.

duane1969
03-01-2012, 05:36 PM
If someone can get in an argument and say kill you and get investaged for terroristic threats even though they have no means nor the intention on killing anyone you damn right I want the feds to go after Johnny Boy for waving his rebel flag, toting a shotgun and passing out kkk propaganda.

But that doesn't mean that John Boy should get the same attention as an entire terrorist network that is responsible for killing hundreds or thousands.

AUTaxMan
03-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Mrv, are you saying that all of the groups of which you speak present equal national security threats?

theonedru
03-01-2012, 11:15 PM

They had neither shotguns nor rebel flags as such your arguments are kind of silly. I do not agree with their beliefs one bit but they have as much right to voice their opinions and beliefs as the nation of Islam, the NAACP, or any other group as long a they do it in a legal non violent manner.

mrveggieman
03-02-2012, 09:31 AM
They had neither shotguns nor rebel flags as such your arguments are kind of silly. I do not agree with their beliefs one bit but they have as much right to voice their opinions and beliefs as the nation of Islam, the NAACP, or any other group as long a they do it in a legal non violent manner.

I agree that any group has the right to exist and distribute materials in a legal and non violent way but all of us on here are aware of the klan's illegal and overtly violent ways. Why can't the gov't be as passionate about investagting them as they are about muslims?

mrveggieman
03-02-2012, 09:32 AM
But that doesn't mean that John Boy should get the same attention as an entire terrorist network that is responsible for killing hundreds or thousands.

So you are saying that the kkk is not responsible for killing thousands?

AUTaxMan
03-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Mrv, are you saying that all of the groups of which you speak present equal national security threats?

mrveggieman
03-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Anyone who wants to kill me simply for living my life and minding my business regardless of their reasons for hating me is an equal security threat to my life and my families well being in my book.

ensbergcollector
03-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Anyone who wants to kill me simply for living my life and minding my business regardless of their reasons for hating me is an equal security threat to my life and my families well being in my book.

so, the government should worry as much about some individual that has a grudge against you and you only, as they do with an organization that has a grudge against our entire country? got it

AUTaxMan
03-02-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm sure the President would feel much safer if we committed the same amount of resources to the KKK that we do to Islamic terrorists.

mrveggieman
03-02-2012, 11:21 AM
so, the government should worry as much about some individual that has a grudge against you and you only, as they do with an organization that has a grudge against our entire country? got it

Despite how some conservatives feel Blacks, Jews, gays, the disabled and other so called "undesirables" are still US citizens and they gov't which is a gov't of the people, by the people and for the people has an obligation to protect all of it's citizens. A terror group is a terror group regardless of their ideologies and political agendas.

ensbergcollector
03-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Despite how some conservatives feel Blacks, Jews, gays, the disabled and other so called "undesirables" are still US citizens and they gov't which is a gov't of the people, by the people and for the people has an obligation to protect all of it's citizens. A terror group is a terror group regardless of their ideologies and political agendas.

seriously? you make the most baseless, hateful statements that have no basis in fact. no one thinks blacks, jews, gays, or the disabled are undesirable or that they aren't citizens. however, if you think the protection of one individual should receive as much attention from the government as the protection of millions i don't know what to say.

again, i guarantee the government has the KKK, gangs, mob, etc. under watch and surveillance. you act like the police are watching no criminals except muslims.

mrveggieman
03-02-2012, 11:35 AM
seriously? you make the most baseless, hateful statements that have no basis in fact. no one thinks blacks, jews, gays, or the disabled are undesirable or that they aren't citizens. however, if you think the protection of one individual should receive as much attention from the government as the protection of millions i don't know what to say.

again, i guarantee the government has the KKK, gangs, mob, etc. under watch and surveillance. you act like the police are watching no criminals except muslims.

Who even said that muslims are criminals except for the conservatives?

theonedru
03-02-2012, 01:16 PM
The Klan is a joke anyways a bunch of white people fighting for white rights and all that and pressing down on minorities and while professing a following to Jesus Christ a person that was not only not white but Jewish as well. So I just do not get it.

steelers#1fan
03-02-2012, 02:03 PM
How much media attention was given to the Black Panthers standing outside polling places intimidating white voters. Ya, that's right,there wasn't as much as a breath about that one. Our media has a way of sensationalizing racism in a way that makes it seem that only Caucasians can be racist and when Blacks commit a racist, err, criminal act against another race it's considered a hate crime. Racism is Racism. Both sides commit it, and it's time we stop it! Our government lets it happen too. It keeps the attention off of the crooks in Washington if we are fighting amongst ourselves. Think about it!

mrveggieman
03-02-2012, 02:55 PM
How much media attention was given to the Black Panthers standing outside polling places intimidating white voters. Ya, that's right,there wasn't as much as a breath about that one. Our media has a way of sensationalizing racism in a way that makes it seem that only Caucasians can be racist and when Blacks commit a racist, err, criminal act against another race it's considered a hate crime. Racism is Racism. Both sides commit it, and it's time we stop it! Our government lets it happen too. It keeps the attention off of the crooks in Washington if we are fighting amongst ourselves. Think about it!

If the black panthers did intimidate white voters and it was not reported whose fault was that? The last time I checked blacks do not control the media. I do agree that we as a society too often fight over trivial things like, race, religion, sexual orientation when the real crooks are in washington and wear blue and red. BTW I'm not referring to the bloods and crips either if you know what I mean.

AUTaxMan
03-02-2012, 03:28 PM
There's no question they intimidated voters. There is no if. It's cool though. Eric Holder said he wasn't going to press charges.

steelers#1fan
03-02-2012, 03:28 PM
The black panther intimidation story is a fact, just Google it. What I'm trying to get across here is that our media seems to cover more of White racism than the other way around. Has nothing to do with the color of the media owners skin. Bottom line is, we need to come together as a whole and say you know what, enough is enough!

If the black panthers did intimidate white voters and it was not reported whose fault was that? The last time I checked blacks do not control the media. I do agree that we as a society too often fight over trivial things like, race, religion, sexual orientation when the real crooks are in washington and wear blue and red. BTW I'm not referring to the bloods and crips either if you know what I mean.

mrveggieman
03-02-2012, 03:33 PM
bottom line is, we need to come together as a whole and say you know what, enough is enough!

church!!

steelers#1fan
03-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Amen! :pray:
church!!

shrewsbury
03-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Despite how some conservatives feel Blacks, Jews, gays, the disabled and other so called "undesirables"

well dang i didn't know that and now i find out 3/4 of my friends and part of my family are undesirables , and i am conservative!

i just was taught a very important lesson

US citizens and they gov't which is a gov't of the people, by the people and for the people has an obligation to protect all of it's citizens.A terror group is a terror group regardless of their ideologies and political agendas.

atleast this part is right

steelers#1fan
03-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Sure wish we white people could have a site like this. You know, show our pride and all. But I guess that would be racist. lol... Caucasian Magazine, White Entertainment Television. Do you think that would fly?

Wow. The more things change the more they stay the same. SMH.

http://www.thegrio.com/news/kkk-flyers-distributed-to-homes-in-georgia-town.php

duane1969
03-04-2012, 02:54 PM

I was using that as a point of reference as to what the general perception of a KKK member is.

So you are saying that the kkk is not responsible for killing thousands?

Not in the last few years that I am aware of. In fact, the KKK has been pretty much nothing but a bunch of inbreds waving rebel flags and screaming insults for about 40 years now.

Trying to say that the KKK should get attention equal to that of Muslim extremist because of something that happen 50 or 60 years ago is about as baseless as it gets. Muslim extremist are killing hundreds of people every single week in the world. The KKK is not.

National security is not an entitlement program. Minorities do not get to demand equal and fair expenditures for their own cause. What's more, protecting America from Muslim extremist is protecting everyone equally.

INTIMADATOR2007
03-04-2012, 11:32 PM

watch the video ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVcfymOvoUo

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Sure wish we white people could have a site like this. You know, show our pride and all. But I guess that would be racist. lol... Caucasian Magazine, White Entertainment Television. Do you think that would fly?

Try fox news or rush limbaugh.

shrewsbury
03-05-2012, 08:44 AM

just because they are anti-obama/liberal does not mean they are racist or pro-white.

there are more people trash talking about whites and conservatives than blacks any day of the week!

duane1969
03-05-2012, 09:59 AM

See, it is baseless, factless, unfounded comments like this that causes you to lose any and all credibility. How can you expect people to even remotely take you serious when you throw stupid stuff like this out there?

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 10:15 AM
See, it is baseless, factless, unfounded comments like this that causes you to lose any and all credibility. How can you expect people to even remotely take you serious when you throw stupid stuff like this out there?

Why is it that a small minority of white people complain complain about things like BET and Jet magazine which are not a knock on white people or any other race for that matter, but they are a celebration of black culture? Complaining about BET would be the equivilant of a non sports fan complaining about Sports Illustrated. For the white people who don't like BET again they are welcome to tune in to FOX or Rush for their dose of anti minority sentiment.

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 10:29 AM
For the white people who don't like BET again they are welcome to tune in to FOX or Rush for their dose of anti minority sentiment.

Fact - White Republicans have done more for blacks over the past 50 years than Democrats.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Fact - White Republicans have done more for blacks over the past 50 years than Democrats.

Once again Mr. Taxman on behalf of the rest of the free world I would like to personally invite you to join us here in the 21st century. Yes I understand that the republican party did a lot of things to help black people way back when. May I ask what are they doing now? I'm sorry but parading around a bunch of house negros to bash our president dosen't do it for me.

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Once again Mr. Taxman on behalf of the rest of the free world I would like to personally invite you to join us here in the 21st century. Yes I understand that the republican party did a lot of things to help black people way back when. May I ask what are they doing now? I'm sorry but parading around a bunch of house negros to bash our president dosen't do it for me.

How about trying to get people to be self-reliant, for starters. Please stop posting racist comments. It's quite offensive.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 10:49 AM
How about trying to get people to be self-reliant, for starters. Please stop posting racist comments. It's quite offensive.

Telling people to be reliant self starters. Yes black democrats tell other black people that. I'm not sure what people like Alan West and Herman Cain have said and frankly I don't care because I know that neither one of them have the anyone's best intrest except for their own and the republican buddies at heart. Also I'm not sure how you can be offended by me as a blackman calling out another blackman for doing a disservice to his community but my intent was not to offend you or anyone else but to call it like it is.

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Telling people to be reliant self starters. Yes black democrats tell other black people that. I'm not sure what people like Alan West and Herman Cain have said and frankly I don't care because I know that neither one of them have the anyone's best intrest except for their own and the republican buddies at heart. Also I'm not sure how you can be offended by me as a blackman calling out another blackman for doing a disservice to his community but my intent was not to offend you or anyone else but to call it like it is.

So you haven't listened to what they have said, but you know they don't have anyone's best interest at heart? That make no sense. What disservice are they doing? What should they be doing? What has Obama done for them?

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 11:16 AM

isn't the term "house negro" rather offensive?

Not saying that that means anything as far as what party has done what for minorities, but seems like a counter productive term to use. Those black republicans have just as much right to be conservative as anyone. Calling them "house negros" seems to call into question their beliefs and makes it sound like you think they have sold out or something as being part of the republican party. Makes it seem like you think their political affiliation isn't legit or something.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 11:19 AM

Not saying that that means anything as far as what party has done what for minorities, but seems like a counter productive term to use. Those black republicans have just as much right to be conservative as anyone. Calling them "house negros" seems to call into question their beliefs and makes it sound like you think they have sold out or something as being part of the republican party. Makes it seem like you think their political affiliation isn't legit or something.

Bingo!!

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 11:21 AM
So you haven't listened to what they have said, but you know they don't have anyone's best interest at heart? That make no sense. What disservice are they doing? What should they be doing? What has Obama done for them?

What can Obama do? Every time he tries to do something a sellout (is that less offensive?) like West or Cain jumps out there and tries to belittle our president. That in my book is what's down right offensive.

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 11:22 AM

That's exactly what he means. He thinks that any conservative black is a traitor to the race and no more that a political puppet. In his mind, blacks aren't allowed independent, free political opinions.

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 11:23 AM
What can Obama do? Every time he tries to do something a sellout (is that less offensive?) like West or Cain jumps out there and tries to belittle our president. That in my book is what's down right offensive.

What has he tried to do, and how have his efforts been thwarted by conservative blacks?

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
What has he tried to do, and how have his efforts been thwarted by conservative blacks?

What hasn't he done that the GOP has tried to stonewall and they put up some token negro to make negative remarks about our president?

duane1969
03-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Why is it that a small minority of white people complain complain about things like BET and Jet magazine which are not a knock on white people or any other race for that matter, but they are a celebration of black culture? Complaining about BET would be the equivilant of a non sports fan complaining about Sports Illustrated. For the white people who don't like BET again they are welcome to tune in to FOX or Rush for their dose of anti minority sentiment.

Please support your claim that FoxNews is anti-minority. Oh, and those wackjob websites like HuffPost and Islamaphobia are not credible sources...

And I have read JET magazine and watched BET. There is very little "celebration" of their heritage or culture...unless you consider calling each other the N-word, wearing giant diamond erarings and "making it rain" a celebration of black culture.

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM
What hasn't he done that the GOP has tried to stonewall and they put up some token negro to make negative remarks about our president?

Seriously, what has he tried to do for blacks?

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Please support your claim that FoxNews is anti-minority. Oh, and those wackjob websites like HuffPost and Islamaphobia are not credible sources...

And I have read JET magazine and watched BET. There is very little "celebration" of their heritage or culture...unless you consider calling each other the N-word, wearing giant diamond erarings and "making it rain" a celebration of black culture.

I agree some of the stuff on BET is trash but just like some of the stuff on MTV or any other network is trash but just like not everything on BET is for everyone, not everything on any other channel is for everyone. Bottom line is BET does have some positive programs just like they have some stuff that I wouldn't watch if my life depended on it.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Seriously, what has he tried to do for blacks?

More than any of the current republicons. :winking0071: President Obama is not just the president for black americans he is all of our president. It's so sad that in 2012 there is a fringe group of people most of them republicans who cannot see past the color of the president and will do anything possible to make him look bad. The funny thing about it if President Obama was doing as terrible of a job as they would like you to believe then would have easily had contender that could defeat him this november.

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 11:55 AM
More than any of the current republicons. :winking0071: President Obama is not just the president for black americans he is all of our president. It's so sad that in 2012 there is a fringe group of people most of them republicans who cannot see past the color of the president and will do anything possible to make him look bad. The funny thing about it if President Obama was doing as terrible of a job as they would like you to believe then would have easily had contender that could defeat him this november.

Why do you refuse to answer my very simple question? It is your position that all blacks should only support democrats, but you cannot give me a valid reason why. Usually, you support people who share your viewpoints and try to pass legislation in support of those viewpoints. However, you can't name a single thing that democrats have done or should do on behalf of blacks.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Why do you refuse to answer my very simple question? It is your position that all blacks should only support democrats, but you cannot give me a valid reason why. Usually, you support people who share your viewpoints and try to pass legislation in support of those viewpoints. However, you can't name a single thing that democrats have done or should do on behalf of blacks.

I have never said that all blacks should only support the dems but I am saying that all of the so called black conservatives are not worthy of my or any other black person's support. What have any of those jokers ever done for their communities?

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I have never said that all blacks should only support the dems but I am saying that all of the so called black conservatives are not worthy of my or any other black person's support. What have any of those jokers ever done for their communities?

If blacks are only to support people who do stuff for the black community, what have the democrats done for the black community? What should they do?

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 12:29 PM
If blacks are only to support people who do stuff for the black community, what have the democrats done for the black community? What should they do?

Blacks as well as whites or anyone else for that matter should vote for canidates who will work for all the people including their own race. President Obama is an excellent example. If you vote for the best man/woman he or she will fight for all and that would include you. Most of the current republicans do not care for anyone except for themselves.

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Bingo!!

then I'm confused why you used the term house negro.

duane1969
03-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Blacks as well as whites or anyone else for that matter should vote for canidates who will work for all the people including their own race. President Obama is an excellent example. If you vote for the best man/woman he or she will fight for all and that would include you. Most of the current republicans do not care for anyone except for themselves.

LOL and Obama cares about everyone...that's funny.

Newsflash. Democrat and Republican is just a division based on minor political issues. At the end of the day Obama will do nothing that doesn't benefit him. If pandering to whites and pushing blacks off of a cliff meant he would get re-elected, he would do it in a heartbeat.

What's more, this whole "Obama the black man is looking out for his peeps" is a joke. Other than having a black daddy he is no more black than I am. Genetically he is half white, he went to an Ivy League school, spent most of his life prepping for a life in politics, had traveled the world by the time he was in his late 20's and is a millionaire...the fact that blacks buy into this whole "Obama is one of us" crap is a joke. He has about as much in common with the average black person as a cookie has in common with a tree stump.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 01:25 PM
then I'm confused why you used the term house negro.

Uncle Tom, House negro, sellout all describe herman cain and allen west to the tee.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Newsflash. Democrat and Republican is just a division based on minor political issues. At the end of the day Obama will do nothing that doesn't benefit him. If pandering to whites and pushing blacks off of a cliff meant he would get re-elected, he would do it in a heartbeat.

What's more, this whole "Obama the black man is looking out for his peeps" is a joke. Other than having a black daddy he is no more black than I am. Genetically he is half white, he went to an Ivy League school, spent most of his life prepping for a life in politics, had traveled the world by the time he was in his late 20's and is a millionaire...the fact that blacks buy into this whole "Obama is one of us" crap is a joke. He has about as much in common with the average black person as a cookie has in common with a tree stump.

Yes Obama's life experiences are not the experiences of the typical american blackman but neither are newt, santorum, or any of the republiclowns. If push came to shove I would still take my chances with President Obama. Is there a chance that he dosen't care about me, sure. However I know for a fact that none of these republiclowns do either.

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 01:56 PM

I get that the skin color of Obama doesn't make him have anything more in common with anyone else that has the same skin color than just that, but the fact that he went to an ivy league school or traveled the world or is a millionaire speaks more to the fact that he may not be in touch with the countries poor and middle class citizens rather the countries black citizens. Most politicians don't have anything in common with any average person no matter what skin color.

Afrank45
03-05-2012, 01:58 PM

ive lurked this thread for a few days and while you seem to lean conservative. you seem to have your head on straight and a solid unbiased viewpoint on the realities of the world.

Where im forced to stand up and difer is when you say obama is no more black than you or any other white man.

Fact: being half white, well schooled or traveled, having a large bank account, or prepping for a life in politics does not "negate him of his blackness" He is still an african american and his skin tone is still of a brown or black tone

Fact: the president has nothing more in common with the average white man then he does with the average black man. He IS well schooled and traveled, a millionaire and been prepped for a life in politics, the average american male black or white has NOT

the fact of the matter is no man can act or behave BLACK or WHITE, he can however act like a thug, a hillbilly, a redneck, or a gangster. He also can act like a decent contributing member of society. You will notice in all those adjectives there were no color associations.

Also as a half black/half white member of this board im seriously offended by some of the things being said in this thread. all that house negro and uncle tom crap is for the birds, but so is this pouting crap about how there is no white entertainment television. There is a ton of implied real racism in this thread and im wondering why its being tolerated???

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Uncle Tom, House negro, sellout all describe herman cain and allen west to the tee.

why? just because they don't follow the stereotypical political stance of a black man? I find that to be very narrow minded. Sure blacks, gays, and younger people tend to be democrats, but there are a lot of people that break that within the three groups I mentioned. I don't know for sure about why Cain is a republican, but it seems that he actually has legitimate conservative beliefs rather than selling out his race.

I would think that most people would look at the actual issues and their opinions when deciding which side to take way before they would look at what the stereotype of which ever group they identify with, be it race, sexual orientation, sex, body type, or even hair color. I know I don't look at that when I decide what my opinion on a topic is.

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
ive lurked this thread for a few days and while you seem to lean conservative. you seem to have your head on straight and a solid unbiased viewpoint on the realities of the world.

Where im forced to stand up and difer is when you say obama is no more black than you or any other white man.

Fact: being half white, well schooled or traveled, having a large bank account, or prepping for a life in politics does not "negate him of his blackness" He is still an african american and his skin tone is still of a brown or black tone

Fact: the president has nothing more in common with the average white man then he does with the average black man. He IS well schooled and traveled, a millionaire and been prepped for a life in politics, the average american male black or white has NOT

the fact of the matter is no man can act or behave BLACK or WHITE, he can however act like a thug, a hillbilly, a redneck, or a gangster. He also can act like a decent contributing member of society. You will notice in all those adjectives there were no color associations.

Also as a half black/half white member of this board im seriously offended by some of the things being said in this thread. all that house negro and uncle tom crap is for the birds, but so is this pouting crap about how there is no white entertainment television. There is a ton of implied real racism in this thread and im wondering why its being tolerated???

very nice post. I think my post above hit on the same thoughts. although yours seems to articulate it a bit better.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 02:13 PM

CHURCH!! :love0030:

Also the uncle tom and other remarks were not meant to offend anyone but to describe certian people who don't know who they are when they look into the mirror. I do however would like to personally offer my apology to you if I offended you in any form or fashion.

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Also the uncle tom and other remarks were not meant to offend anyone but to describe certian people who don't know who they are when they look into the mirror. I do however would like to personally offer my apology to you if I offended you in any form or fashion.

This makes absolutely no sense. On one hand, you seem to say that your political views shouldn't be affected by your race, and on the other, you imply that a black man isn't a true black man unless he supports the Democrat cause.

Can you please tell me what Obama or the Democrats have done to have the birthright to the black vote in America? Presumably, it would be because they have done something or have a plan to do something to benefit the black community. However, you have yet to give me any specifics as to why they are any more justified to receive your vote than the Republicans.

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 02:28 PM

I don't follow your posts about calling people uncle toms and then giving props to posts calling the terms uncalled for and or offensive.

I don't see what evidence you have that calling Cain an uncle tom or a sellout is legitimate. He's a black man that is a conservative. I agree that is rare if you are looking at the stereotype, but that's all it is, a stereotype. Calling him a sellout you are implying that he is only a republican for a reason not based on him being one due to his personal beliefs and opinions.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
This makes absolutely no sense. On one hand, you seem to say that your political views shouldn't be affected by your race, and on the other, you imply that a black man isn't a true black man unless he supports the Democrat cause.

Can you please tell me what Obama or the Democrats have done to have the birthright to the black vote in America? Presumably, it would be because they have done something or have a plan to do something to benefit the black community. However, you have yet to give me any specifics as to why they are any more justified to receive your vote than the Republicans.

I first registered to vote many years ago right after my 18th birthday. Never in all my years of being a registered voter I have registered with the republican, democratic or any other political party. I vote for the man (or woman) and never the party. No the dems do not nor should they have a plan specifically designed for the black community. They are however more in touch than the common man than the republiclowns generally who only carter to the elite, racists, super rich and religious extremists.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't follow your posts about calling people uncle toms and then giving props to posts calling the terms uncalled for and or offensive.

I don't see what evidence you have that calling Cain an uncle tom or a sellout is legitimate. He's a black man that is a conservative. I agree that is rare if you are looking at the stereotype, but that's all it is, a stereotype. Calling him a sellout you are implying that he is only a republican for a reason not based on him being one due to his personal beliefs and opinions.

I agreed with what most of the previous poster said about stereotypes. I also wanted to apologize to him if I rubbed him the wrong way but I stand by what I said. Herman Cain gravitates to a party that does not give a damn about him or anyone who looks like him and the sad part about it is just a few years ago the same people that he is pandering to would......actually I'm not going to say what I am thinking because I know that a lot of people would really be offended by me speaking that truth.

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 03:01 PM
I agreed with what most of the previous poster said about stereotypes. I also wanted to apologize to him if I rubbed him the wrong way but I stand by what I said. Herman Cain gravitates to a party that does not give a damn about him or anyone who looks like him and the sad part about it is just a few years ago the same people that he is pandering to would......actually I'm not going to say what I am thinking because I know that a lot of people would really be offended by me speaking that truth.

but if a person identifies with a political parties stance an issues why does he have an obligation not be affiliated with that group because people of his same race tend to be another party? My race rarely comes into play when I base an opinion on topics like same sex marriage, abortion, political spending, and so on. I get that it's more of an issue when people of color don't follow that race's "norm", but they have a personal right to pick which party to be affiliated with as much as anyone else and it shouldn't offend their race even if it is a minority. Although, that is said of my opinion that not all republicans are as racists as you feel they are. Maybe that is the crux of the discussion.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 03:07 PM
but if a person identifies with a political parties stance an issues why does he have an obligation not be affiliated with that group because people of his same race tend to be another party? My race rarely comes into play when I base an opinion on topics like same sex marriage, abortion, political spending, and so on. I get that it's more of an issue when people of color don't follow that race's "norm", but they have a personal right to pick which party to be affiliated with as much as anyone else and it shouldn't offend their race even if it is a minority. Although, that is said of my opinion that not all republicans are as racists as you feel they are. Maybe that is the crux of the discussion.

I'm not going to go as far to say that all republicans are racists but I would say that the racist element would be more excepted within the republican party than it would be in the democratic party. Just look at some of the famous republicans eg Rush as an example.

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
They are however more in touch than the common man than the republiclowns generally who only carter to the elite, racists, super rich and religious extremists.

Where do you get this notion?

shrewsbury
03-05-2012, 03:38 PM

i would like to know as well.

shrewsbury
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
wow, i am out of this thread, i can't believe the racism going on in this one.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
wow, i am out of this thread, i can't believe the racism going on in this one.

Welcome to the Politics and Religion forum. Please come back soon. :wave:

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM

Fox news.

AUTaxMan
03-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Fox news.

Please explain.

duane1969
03-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Yes Obama's life experiences are not the experiences of the typical american blackman but neither are newt, santorum, or any of the republiclowns. If push came to shove I would still take my chances with President Obama. Is there a chance that he dosen't care about me, sure. However I know for a fact that none of these republiclowns do either.

You have no knowledge that any republican would do anything for or against you. Everything you "know for a fact" about Republican candidates is based on liberal propaganda that you buy into wholeheartedly.

I get that the skin color of Obama doesn't make him have anything more in common with anyone else that has the same skin color than just that, but the fact that he went to an ivy league school or traveled the world or is a millionaire speaks more to the fact that he may not be in touch with the countries poor and middle class citizens rather the countries black citizens. Most politicians don't have anything in common with any average person no matter what skin color.

I agree. However it isn't the average white person who will vote for Obama with the sole purpose of getting something back on their vote based on his skin color.

Do a little Googling. Look up some stats and then look up some videos. Blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama and overwhlemingly knew practically nothing about him, what he stood for or what his agenda was. Quite simply, Obama won the black vote because they were voting strictly based on skin color. Imagine the outrage if whites openly voted for or against someone based on skin color.

I don't disagree with anything you said. My point, as I stated above, was that mrveggie is calling white conservatives racist and accusing white politicians of only having the best interest of whites in mind and adding that Obama is all about the black man, and that is a total fallacy. Obama is no more dedicated to the black cause because of his 50% "blackness" than he is to the white cause because of his "whiteness". He is a politician and will do what promotes the success of himself and his party.

I'm not going to go as far to say that all republicans are racists but I would say that the racist element would be more excepted within the republican party than it would be in the democratic party. Just look at some of the famous republicans eg Rush as an example.

You're joking, right?

How about Democratic President FDR? You know, the architect of the Japanese internment camps.

Ever hear of Robert Bird? You know, the US Senator that fought against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 yet was elected to term after term after term by Democrats right up until his death a little over a year ago.

Or how about J. William Fulbright, the Arkansas senator who was Bill Clinton's mentor.

Or maybe Al Gore Sr., yup, you guessed it, Mr. Green Planet himself's daddy, who had ties to both the KKK and the KGB and whom Al Gore Jr. said his entire life was an inspiration.

Perhaps you would like to discuss former House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt who has ties to a St. Louis racist group.

What? You want something more recent? OK...

How about Dan Rather, a prominent Democrat who has been repeatedly heard using anti-black slurs.

Or how about Donna Brazile who is best known for making racist comments towards whites and worked for Al Gore, Dick Gephardt, Jesse Jackson and Michael Dukakis.

Or maybe we should mention Jesse Jackson...his record speaks for itself.

Or I know, your favorite, the esteemed Rev. Al Sharpton who is a well-known anti-Semite with ties to the deaths of several Jewish busniness owners.

Yup!! Them Democrats are all about taking care of the minorities!!!

shrewsbury
03-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Welcome to the Politics and Religion forum. Please come back soon

I have to ask;

what does race and politics have to do with eachother?
what does race and religion have to do with eachother?

there are people posting, on this thread, with racial comments, and people that are posting racial comments while they are accusing others of being racist.

:sign0087:

mrveggieman
03-06-2012, 08:01 AM
I have to ask;

what does race and politics have to do with eachother?
what does race and religion have to do with eachother?

there are people posting, on this thread, with racial comments, and people that are posting racial comments while they are accusing others of being racist.

:sign0087:

If you don't understand the concept of how race, politics and religion go hand to hand then I'm at a loss for words.

AUTaxMan
03-06-2012, 08:18 AM
So you think that democrats are more in touch than the common man than republicans "generally who only cater to the elite, racists, super rich and religious extremists" because of fox news?

shrewsbury
03-06-2012, 08:43 AM
If you don't understand the concept of how race, politics and religion go hand to hand then I'm at a loss for words.

well then enlighten me.

i personally know blacks, asians, and whites that are christian, buddhist, and muslim.

white and black dems and republicans.

so please enlighten me.

mrveggieman
03-06-2012, 09:05 AM
So you think that democrats are more in touch than the common man than republicans "generally who only cater to the elite, racists, super rich and religious extremists" because of fox news?

Republicans have been the way they are long before fox. Fox news just give them a forum to spew their hogwash.

ensbergcollector
03-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Republicans have been the way they are long before fox. Fox news just give them a forum to spew their hogwash.

says the man who quotes huffington post and islamaphobia. i'm not sure you know the definition of the word hogwash my friend.

AUTaxMan
03-06-2012, 09:26 AM

Why do blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat, and why is it stigmatic for them not to do so? Why do you feel that they relate more to the common man than Republicans?

Star_Cards
03-06-2012, 09:54 AM
I agree. However it isn't the average white person who will vote for Obama with the sole purpose of getting something back on their vote based on his skin color.

Do a little Googling. Look up some stats and then look up some videos. Blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama and overwhlemingly knew practically nothing about him, what he stood for or what his agenda was. Quite simply, Obama won the black vote because they were voting strictly based on skin color. Imagine the outrage if whites openly voted for or against someone based on skin color.

I'm not arguing that there aren't people who voted for him because of just his skin color. There are people who didn't vote for him for the same reason. That wasn't really an issue as there are millions of people who vote for a candidate because he has one thing that a person may identify. people base all sorts of unimportant things into their decision on who to vote for. party, race, sex, religion, attractiveness, speaking ability, hair style, state they are from, if they look presidential, and so on. That's going to happen regardless of the candidate.

As far as an outrage if whites openly vote for a guy who was white... well there really haven't been a whole lot of candidates who weren't white males that legitimately ran for office. Although I do get your point. There would be outrage or at least it would be discussion negatively more so than when blacks say they voted for obama because of skin color. It's one of those racial double standards that exists. And yes double standards are not fair or just, but for me, as a white male, I don't lose any sleep over that. And no I would never vote for a guy because of his skin color.

I think the bigger issue is that we have so many people voting for presidents with an ignorance about the candidates.

Star_Cards
03-06-2012, 10:02 AM
well then enlighten me.

i personally know blacks, asians, and whites that are christian, buddhist, and muslim.

white and black dems and republicans.

so please enlighten me.

I think he's just saying that race falls into this forum. I wouldn't take the title of "Politics and Religion" so literally. While those are the two main topics for discussion it also includes other social aspects that we come across as well.

but yes, race does have a place in politics on some sort of sub level depending on the exact topic.

mrveggieman
03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Why do blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat, and why is it stigmatic for them not to do so? Why do you feel that they relate more to the common man than Republicans?

In my 30+ years of living the majority of things that were done to help out the common man were not created by the republican party. Yes there is a stigma for a black person to vote republican because why would you or anyone else vote for a political party who no longer has your best intrests at heart?

AUTaxMan
03-06-2012, 11:16 AM
In my 30+ years of living the majority of things that were done to help out the common man were not created by the republican party. Yes there is a stigma for a black person to vote republican because why would you or anyone else vote for a political party who no longer has your best intrests at heart?

Your opinion of republicans is misguided at best and disingenuous at worst. Don't be so ignorant as to believe that the republicans care less about the common man than dems simply because the mediots portray them that way.

mrveggieman
03-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Your opinion of republicans is misguided at best and disingenuous at worst. Don't be so ignorant as to believe that the republicans care less about the common man than dems simply because the mediots portray them that way.

I understand that most politicians weather R or D have lost touch with the common man. I generally tend to side with the Dems because they are the lesser of two evils. If there is a republican canidate that is actually doing something to help his/her community I would love to meet them because I have yet to see any.

shrewsbury
03-06-2012, 01:33 PM
In Ripon, Wisconsin, former members of the Whig Party meet to establish a new party to oppose the spread of slavery into the western territories. The Whig Party, which was formed in 1834 to oppose the "tyranny" of President Andrew Jackson, had shown itself incapable of coping with the national crisis over slavery.

With the successful introduction of the Kansas-Nebraska Bill of 1854, an act that dissolved the terms of the Missouri Compromise and allowed slave or free status to be decided in the territories by popular sovereignty, the Whigs disintegrated. By February 1854, anti-slavery Whigs had begun meeting in the upper midwestern states to discuss the formation of a new party. One such meeting, in Wisconsin on March 20, 1854, is generally remembered as the founding meeting of the Republican Party.

The Civil War firmly identified the Republican Party as the party of the victorious North, and after the war the Republican-dominated Congress forced a "Radical Reconstruction" policy on the South, which saw the passage of the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments to the Constitution and the granting of equal rights to all Southern citizens

where is the racist republicans at???

mrveggieman
03-06-2012, 01:52 PM
where is the racist republicans at???

Once again Shrewsbury I would like to personally invite you to join the rest of us in the 21st century.

duane1969
03-06-2012, 02:19 PM

I assume that at some point in time you went to school and got an education...you can thank a Republican for that.

AUTaxMan
03-06-2012, 02:33 PM
I understand that most politicians weather R or D have lost touch with the common man. I generally tend to side with the Dems because they are the lesser of two evils. If there is a republican canidate that is actually doing something to help his/her community I would love to meet them because I have yet to see any.

How is it the lesser of two evils? You speak in generalities and base your opinions on the opinions of others, prejudices, and emotion, not facts. Can you tell me what the President has done to justify your vote for him? Please focus on his accomplishments (or his plans for the future) and why they are good for us, not on the Republicans, Bush, Fox News, Jerry Falwell, or the other usual suspects.

mrveggieman
03-06-2012, 02:42 PM
I assume that at some point in time you went to school and got an education...you can thank a Republican for that.

You are also welcome to join the rest of us in the 21st century duane.

mrveggieman
03-06-2012, 02:46 PM
How is it the lesser of two evils? You speak in generalities and base your opinions on the opinions of others, prejudices, and emotion, not facts. Can you tell me what the President has done to justify your vote for him? Please focus on his accomplishments (or his plans for the future) and why they are good for us, not on the Republicans, Bush, Fox News, Jerry Falwell, or the other usual suspects.

Ending the war in iraq, removing the troops over there, attempting to reform health care (which is more than his republican counterparts), responsible for the capture and killing of OBL, need I continue.

ensbergcollector
03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Ending the war in iraq, removing the troops over there, attempting to reform health care (which is more than his republican counterparts), responsible for the capture and killing of OBL, need I continue.

wow, i didn't know obama was a navy seal. last i checked, all he did to capture obl was to say the word "yes"

steelers#1fan
03-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Obama Care Explained

I was in my neighborhood restaurant this morning and was seated behind a group of jubilant individuals celebrating the successful passing of the recent health care bill. I could not finish my breakfast.

This is what ensued:
They were a diverse group of several races and both sexes. I heard the young man exclaim, "Isn't Obama like Jesus Christ? I mean, after all, he is healing the sick." The young woman enthusiastically proclaimed, "Yeah, and he does it for free. I cannot believe anyone would think that a free market would work for health care. Another said, 'The stupid Republicans want us all to starve to death so they can inherit all of the power. Obama should be made a Saint for what he did for those of us less fortunate." At this, I had had enough.

I arose from my seat, mustering all the restraint I could find, and approached their table. "Please excuse me; may I impose upon you for one moment?" They smiled and welcomed me to the conversation. I stood at the end of their table, smiled as best I could and began an experiment.

"I would like to give one of you my house. It will cost you no money and I will pay all of the expenses and taxes for as long as you live there. Anyone interested?" They looked at each other in astonishment. "Why would you do something like that?" asked a young man, "There isn't anything for free in this world." They began to laugh at me, as they did not realize this man had just made my point. "I am serious, I will give you my house for free, no money what so ever. Anyone interested?" In unison, a resounding "Hell Yeah" fills the room.

"Since there are too many of you, I will have to make a choice as to who receives this money-free bargain." I noticed an elderly couple was paying attention to the spectacle unfolding before their eyes, the old man shaking his head in apparent disgust. "I tell you what; I will give it to the one of you most willing to obey my rules." Again, they looked at one another, an expression of bewilderment on their faces. The perky young woman asked, "What are the rules?" I smiled and said, "I don't know. I have not yet defined them. However, it is a free home that I offer you." They giggled amongst themselves, the youngest of which said, "What an old coot. He must be crazy to give away his home. Go take your meds, old man." I smiled and leaned into the table a bit further. "I am serious, this is a legitimate offer." They gaped at me for a moment.

"I'll take it you old fool. Where are the keys?" boasted the youngest among them. "Then I presume you accept ALL of my terms then?" I asked. The elderly couple seemed amused and entertained as they watched from the privacy of their table. "Oh hell yeah! Where do I sign up?" I took a napkin and wrote, "I give this man my home, without the burden of financial obligation, so long as he accepts and abides by the terms that I shall set forth upon consummation of this transaction." I signed It and handed it to the young man who eagerly scratched out his signature. "Where are the keys to my new house?" he asked in a mocking tone of voice. All eyes were upon us as I stepped back from the table, pulling the keys from pocket and dangling them before the excited new homeowner.

"Now that we have entered into this binding contract, witnessed by all of your friends, I have decided upon the conditions you are obligated to adhere from this point forward. You may only live in the house for one hour a day. You will not use anything inside of the home. You will obey me without question or resistance. I expect complete loyalty and admiration for this gift I bestow upon you. You will accept my commands and wishes with enthusiasm, no matter the nature. Your morals and principles shall be as mine. You will vote as I do, think as I do and do it with blind faith. These are my terms. Here are your keys." I reached the keys forward and the young man looked at me dumbfounded.

"Are you out of your mind? Who would ever agree to those ridiculous terms?" the young man appeared irritated. "You did when you signed this contract before reading it, understanding it and with the full knowledge that I would provide my conditions only after you committed to the agreement." Was all I said. The elderly man chuckled as his wife tried to restrain him. I was looking at a now silenced and bewildered group of people. "You can shove that stupid deal up you're a** old man, I want no part of it" exclaimed the now infuriated young man. "You have committed to the contract, as witnessed by all of your friends; you cannot get out of the deal unless I agree to it. I do not intend to let you free now that I have you ensnared. I am the power you agreed to. I am the one you blindly and without thought chose to enslave yourself to. In short, I am your Master." At this, the table of celebrating individuals became a unified group against the unfairness of the deal.

After a few moments of unrepeatable comments and slurs, I revealed my true intent. "What I did to you is what this administration and congress did to you with the health care legislation. I easily suckered you in and then revealed the real cost of the bargain. Your folly was in the belief that you can have something you did not earn; that you are entitled to that which you did not earn; that you willingly allowed someone else to think for you. Your failure to research, study and inform yourself permitted reason to escape you. You have entered into a trap from which you cannot flee. Your only chance of freedom is if your new Master gives it to you. A freedom that is given can also be taken away; therefore, it is not freedom."

With that, I tore up the napkin and placed it before the astonished young man. "This is the nature of your new health care legislation."

I turned away to leave these few in thought and contemplation and was surprised by applause. The elderly gentleman, who was clearly entertained, shook my hand enthusiastically and said, "Thank you Sir, these kids don't understand Liberty these days." He refused to allow me to pay my bill as he said, "You earned this one, it is an honor to pick up the tab." I shook his hand in thanks, leaving the restaurant somewhat humbled, and sensing a glimmer of hope for my beloved country.

INTIMADATOR2007
03-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Obama Care Explained

I was in my neighborhood restaurant this morning and was seated behind a group of jubilant individuals celebrating the successful passing of the recent health care bill. I could not finish my breakfast.

This is what ensued:
They were a diverse group of several races and both sexes. I heard the young man exclaim, "Isn't Obama like Jesus Christ? I mean, after all, he is healing the sick." The young woman enthusiastically proclaimed, "Yeah, and he does it for free. I cannot believe anyone would think that a free market would work for health care. Another said, 'The stupid Republicans want us all to starve to death so they can inherit all of the power. Obama should be made a Saint for what he did for those of us less fortunate." At this, I had had enough.

I arose from my seat, mustering all the restraint I could find, and approached their table. "Please excuse me; may I impose upon you for one moment?" They smiled and welcomed me to the conversation. I stood at the end of their table, smiled as best I could and began an experiment.

"I would like to give one of you my house. It will cost you no money and I will pay all of the expenses and taxes for as long as you live there. Anyone interested?" They looked at each other in astonishment. "Why would you do something like that?" asked a young man, "There isn't anything for free in this world." They began to laugh at me, as they did not realize this man had just made my point. "I am serious, I will give you my house for free, no money what so ever. Anyone interested?" In unison, a resounding "Hell Yeah" fills the room.

"Since there are too many of you, I will have to make a choice as to who receives this money-free bargain." I noticed an elderly couple was paying attention to the spectacle unfolding before their eyes, the old man shaking his head in apparent disgust. "I tell you what; I will give it to the one of you most willing to obey my rules." Again, they looked at one another, an expression of bewilderment on their faces. The perky young woman asked, "What are the rules?" I smiled and said, "I don't know. I have not yet defined them. However, it is a free home that I offer you." They giggled amongst themselves, the youngest of which said, "What an old coot. He must be crazy to give away his home. Go take your meds, old man." I smiled and leaned into the table a bit further. "I am serious, this is a legitimate offer." They gaped at me for a moment.

"I'll take it you old fool. Where are the keys?" boasted the youngest among them. "Then I presume you accept ALL of my terms then?" I asked. The elderly couple seemed amused and entertained as they watched from the privacy of their table. "Oh hell yeah! Where do I sign up?" I took a napkin and wrote, "I give this man my home, without the burden of financial obligation, so long as he accepts and abides by the terms that I shall set forth upon consummation of this transaction." I signed It and handed it to the young man who eagerly scratched out his signature. "Where are the keys to my new house?" he asked in a mocking tone of voice. All eyes were upon us as I stepped back from the table, pulling the keys from pocket and dangling them before the excited new homeowner.

"Now that we have entered into this binding contract, witnessed by all of your friends, I have decided upon the conditions you are obligated to adhere from this point forward. You may only live in the house for one hour a day. You will not use anything inside of the home. You will obey me without question or resistance. I expect complete loyalty and admiration for this gift I bestow upon you. You will accept my commands and wishes with enthusiasm, no matter the nature. Your morals and principles shall be as mine. You will vote as I do, think as I do and do it with blind faith. These are my terms. Here are your keys." I reached the keys forward and the young man looked at me dumbfounded.

"Are you out of your mind? Who would ever agree to those ridiculous terms?" the young man appeared irritated. "You did when you signed this contract before reading it, understanding it and with the full knowledge that I would provide my conditions only after you committed to the agreement." Was all I said. The elderly man chuckled as his wife tried to restrain him. I was looking at a now silenced and bewildered group of people. "You can shove that stupid deal up you're a** old man, I want no part of it" exclaimed the now infuriated young man. "You have committed to the contract, as witnessed by all of your friends; you cannot get out of the deal unless I agree to it. I do not intend to let you free now that I have you ensnared. I am the power you agreed to. I am the one you blindly and without thought chose to enslave yourself to. In short, I am your Master." At this, the table of celebrating individuals became a unified group against the unfairness of the deal.

After a few moments of unrepeatable comments and slurs, I revealed my true intent. "What I did to you is what this administration and congress did to you with the health care legislation. I easily suckered you in and then revealed the real cost of the bargain. Your folly was in the belief that you can have something you did not earn; that you are entitled to that which you did not earn; that you willingly allowed someone else to think for you. Your failure to research, study and inform yourself permitted reason to escape you. You have entered into a trap from which you cannot flee. Your only chance of freedom is if your new Master gives it to you. A freedom that is given can also be taken away; therefore, it is not freedom."

With that, I tore up the napkin and placed it before the astonished young man. "This is the nature of your new health care legislation."

I turned away to leave these few in thought and contemplation and was surprised by applause. The elderly gentleman, who was clearly entertained, shook my hand enthusiastically and said, "Thank you Sir, these kids don't understand Liberty these days." He refused to allow me to pay my bill as he said, "You earned this one, it is an honor to pick up the tab." I shook his hand in thanks, leaving the restaurant somewhat humbled, and sensing a glimmer of hope for my beloved country.

That's Awesome , Thanks for posting !

Star_Cards
03-06-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't quite get your comparison to the health care bill being like a contract for your house where you can only live in the house one hour a day, not use anything inside the home, obey you without question or resistance, give complete loyalty and admiration to you, change their morals and principles to yours, and vote as you do. That's rather extreme. First off, to my knowledge, the healthcare bill does not require anyone to vote a certain way that someone else tells them to do. It also doesn't require you to change your morals or principles or be completely loyal to the person or group that implemented it. I also doubt that it limits anyone from using it. If that was true what would be the point of a healthcare bill that didn't allow anyone to use it.

I do agree that going by your post that these people really didn't realize that any healthcare plan offered by the government wouldn't be free. I do agree that it a big problem with a lot of people. These are the same people that think their tax refund is exciting every year when in fact it's just their money that they loaned the government as an interest free loan throughout the year.

I get that these people needed some further information about any type of government healthcare system, but your analogy to the house deal is way extreme. To me, your story kind of came off that you were being fairly demeaning towards them although it's hard to say what actually happened from just your story. I'd think that if I were in the same situation things could have been handled a bit less rude and condescending. Although they definitely had some confusion about the healthcare being free.

mrveggieman
03-07-2012, 09:39 AM
I don't quite get your comparison to the health care bill being like a contract for your house where you can only live in the house one hour a day, not use anything inside the home, obey you without question or resistance, give complete loyalty and admiration to you, change their morals and principles to yours, and vote as you do. That's rather extreme. First off, to my knowledge, the healthcare bill does not require anyone to vote a certain way that someone else tells them to do. It also doesn't require you to change your morals or principles or be completely loyal to the person or group that implemented it. I also doubt that it limits anyone from using it. If that was true what would be the point of a healthcare bill that didn't allow anyone to use it.

I do agree that going by your post that these people really didn't realize that any healthcare plan offered by the government wouldn't be free. I do agree that it a big problem with a lot of people. These are the same people that think their tax refund is exciting every year when in fact it's just their money that they loaned the government as an interest free loan throughout the year.

I get that these people needed some further information about any type of government healthcare system, but your analogy to the house deal is way extreme. To me, your story kind of came off that you were being fairly demeaning towards them although it's hard to say what actually happened from just your story. I'd think that if I were in the same situation things could have been handled a bit less rude and condescending. Although they definitely had some confusion about the healthcare being free.

Awsome response. Thanks for posting.

AUTaxMan
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM

The analogy is that if you choose to enlist with ObamaCare, which you don't have to (at this point), you have to live by their terms. They haven't yet defined the terms, you are going to have to live by them, whatever they are. That means that if they decide they aren't covering knee replacements, for example, you just have to live with it. If you have a moral objection to certain procedures they cover, you have to live with that as well.

Once you are on the hook, they have your voting loyalty also. They will demonize any opposition as the party who wants to take away your free healthcare. You won't vote for anyone who will publicly admit willingness to do that.

Then there are the references to the bill being passed before anyone actually read and understood it, and that it will not be undone by democrats.

Star_Cards
03-07-2012, 10:14 AM
The analogy is that if you choose to enlist with ObamaCare, which you don't have to (at this point), you have to live by their terms. They haven't yet defined the terms, you are going to have to live by them, whatever they are. That means that if they decide they aren't covering knee replacements, for example, you just have to live with it. If you have a moral objection to certain procedures they cover, you have to live with that as well.

Once you are on the hook, they have your voting loyalty also. They will demonize any opposition as the party who wants to take away your free healthcare. You won't vote for anyone who will publicly admit willingness to do that.

Then there are the references to the bill being passed before anyone actually read and understood it, and that it will not be undone by democrats.

Are you implying that if you have a moral objection to a procedure that in some way this healthcare plan would force you to take part in some manner just because you are on the plan? I get that some people my object to a procedure offered, but in no way do I believe that being under the plan would cause anyone to be forced to take part in that specific procedure.

As far as voting loyalty, that's a bit of a stretch to pitts original scenario of him giving this person a house and then telling them how to vote and they must follow. Any person that likes a bill or a plan that benefits them within any party is going to tend to vote for the party that wants to keep it around. If something is good for a person, of course they are going to continue to vote for people who want to keep that around. I wouldn't call that being on the hook with your voting loyalty. Bottom line, anyone on the plan will still be able to vote for whomever they want. To elude to the healthcare plan controlling a persons vote simply because they are on the plan just isn't true. An individual will always have the right to vote for whomever they choose.

duane1969
03-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Are you implying that if you have a moral objection to a procedure that in some way this healthcare plan would force you to take part in some manner just because you are on the plan? I get that some people my object to a procedure offered, but in no way do I believe that being under the plan would cause anyone to be forced to take part in that specific procedure.

I think he means that the health care plan that your taxes pay for may be used to provide services that you disagree with. But since you agreed to the plan you are by default agreeing with the procedures.

As far as voting loyalty, that's a bit of a stretch to pitts original scenario of him giving this person a house and then telling them how to vote and they must follow. Any person that likes a bill or a plan that benefits them within any party is going to tend to vote for the party that wants to keep it around. If something is good for a person, of course they are going to continue to vote for people who want to keep that around. I wouldn't call that being on the hook with your voting loyalty. Bottom line, anyone on the plan will still be able to vote for whomever they want. To elude to the healthcare plan controlling a persons vote simply because they are on the plan just isn't true. An individual will always have the right to vote for whomever they choose.

If you think "voter loyalty" based on entitlement programs doesn't exist then all you have to do is look at welfare. Any candidate that runs on a platform of reforming welfare and cutting spending (benefits) is demonized by the media and the opposing party and has absolutely no chance of getting elected.

Yes, we can all vote for anyone that we want, but voters are loyal to the candidate that promises to give them the most. Give the people "free" health care and they will vote for the guy who wants to keep it and against the guy who wants to take it away.

mrveggieman
03-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Speaking of paying taxes my tax dollars are going to support wars that I do not agree with. My only choices are to not pay my taxes and risk the gov't taking my property/and or them putting me in jail, leaving the country or sucking it up and dealing with it. I would rather my tax dollars go to give people health care than to be used to bomb and murder innocent people overseas. I guess that some people have different priorities than me. SMH.

*censored*
03-07-2012, 11:29 AM

Huh. Kind of like the Patriot Act, just on the other side of the aisle?

tsjct
03-07-2012, 11:45 AM
FREEDOM of SPEECH. They have every right to do it. May not be right but they have a right to do it.

AUTaxMan
03-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Huh. Kind of like the Patriot Act, just on the other side of the aisle?

Yep.

Star_Cards
03-07-2012, 12:55 PM
If you think "voter loyalty" based on entitlement programs doesn't exist then all you have to do is look at welfare. Any candidate that runs on a platform of reforming welfare and cutting spending (benefits) is demonized by the media and the opposing party and has absolutely no chance of getting elected.

Yes, we can all vote for anyone that we want, but voters are loyal to the candidate that promises to give them the most. Give the people "free" health care and they will vote for the guy who wants to keep it and against the guy who wants to take it away.

voter loyalty exists with anything. that's kind of how voting works. people get to decide what issues are important to them and vote based off of that. voter loyalty exists with people wanting to ban abortion. it exists with candidates who pass bills that spend money in their home towns or bring jobs to their areas where there constituents live.

I never said that it doesn't exist, of course it exists, but to say that if you are on the healthcare plan that you have to vote how someone else tells you to vote like the OPs original scenario about his house is completely false. If you are on the healthcare plan no one will force you to vote for a certain party or candidate. Anyone on the plan will have the right to vote for whomever they want.

AUTaxMan
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
voter loyalty exists with anything. that's kind of how voting works. people get to decide what issues are important to them and vote based off of that. voter loyalty exists with people wanting to ban abortion. it exists with candidates who pass bills that spend money in their home towns or bring jobs to their areas where there constituents live.

I never said that it doesn't exist, of course it exists, but to say that if you are on the healthcare plan that you have to vote how someone else tells you to vote like the OPs original scenario about his house is completely false. If you are on the healthcare plan no one will force you to vote for a certain party or candidate. Anyone on the plan will have the right to vote for whomever they want.

It becomes even more prevalent with healthcare, because that is something that is personal to everyone. Not everyone can relate to the various social or religious issues, but everyone can relate to health care. That's one reason that it is such a monster.