PDA

View Full Version : iMac?

BAZINGA0212
03-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Hey guys, going on a big trip next weekend and have money saved up. So when I get back I want to start saving up again and buy myself the biggest iMac and the newest one out. So just wondering if you guys know what would be the cheapest place to pick one up. Only looking for a new one, no refurbished or used. I know best buy would be around $2100 after taxes and such.

TPotts
03-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't think there is going to be much of a difference anywhere. Retail is retail unless you watch if some kind of special deal pops up, highly doubt it though considering we're talking Mac. I tried to look around when I went for my Macbook Pro and price difference is slim to none.

Only thing I'd check out, over at Best Buy they usually have some bundle deals that usually discount software and what not.

On the bright side, that will be the best $2100 you've ever spent. That thing is a beast.

BAZINGA0212
03-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't think there is going to be much of a difference anywhere. Retail is retail unless you watch if some kind of special deal pops up, highly doubt it though considering we're talking Mac. I tried to look around when I went for my Macbook Pro and price difference is slim to none.

On the bright side, that will be the best $2100 you've ever spent. That thing is a beast.

Ah dang alright. Was just wondering if anyone knew a site or something.
And yeah I know, friends parents have one and it is the coolest thing. And since I'm a computer geek haaha

TPotts
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Ah dang alright. Was just wondering if anyone knew a site or something.
And yeah I know, friends parents have one and it is the coolest thing. And since I'm a computer geek haaha

Absolutely!!! & Once you go Mac, you'll never go back. :sign0020:

BAZINGA0212
03-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Haha yes, used to have a Mac. Everyone in my family did for about 6 years and they started losing battery charge and such so we got new laptops...gay hps :/. They suck, and break so easily. I already...

TPotts
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah I go the the iPod Touch, iPhone 4S (Tommorow!), and Macbook Pro as well. Can't beat 'em!! <br />
<br />
Anyway, have a blast with it!!

BAZINGA0212
03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Yeah I go the the iPod Touch, iPhone 4S (Tommorow!), and Macbook Pro as well. Can't beat 'em!!

Anyway, have a blast with it!!

Haha well sold my iPod touch to my brother and got the new nano. But yeah I got the iPhone 4s the day it came up and wasn't eligible for upgrade(500$ right there for me).
But what laptop would you recommend from them? The pro, air book? Any others.
And thanks

TPotts
03-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Haha well sold my iPod touch to my brother and got the new nano. But yeah I got the iPhone 4s the day it came up and wasn't eligible for upgrade(500$ right there for me).
But what laptop would you recommend from them? The pro, air book? Any others.
And thanks

LOL yeah I waited for my upgrade... But laptop wise I'd go for the Pro. For the price difference compared to the air you're getting a better computer for a matter of like 200 bucks.. The 13" (2.4 ghz) is selling for 1200 which I find to be a deal.

BAZINGA0212
03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
LOL yeah I waited for my upgrade... But laptop wise I'd go for the Pro. For the price difference compared to the air you're getting a better computer for a matter of like 200 bucks.. The 13" (2.4 ghz) is selling for 1200 which I find to be a deal.

Yeah, that's what I thought. But if I'm buying one I'm getting the biggest one haha.
On other note, I'm on apple.com right now and just checking everything out with the price and everything. For 27 inch
IMac with mouse& trackpad and the Protection plan it is 2393.59

TPotts
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. But if I'm buying one I'm getting the biggest one haha.
On other note, I'm on apple.com right now and just checking everything out with the price and everything. For 27 inch
IMac with mouse& trackpad and the Protection plan it is 2393.59

17" Laptop? Man personally I think thats too much. for me the 15 is ideal and the 13 was cheapest! LOL

And yeah Protection plan is probably a good idea on a 2000$ computer! hahahha...

BAZINGA0212
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
17" Laptop? Man personally I think thats too much. for me the 15 is ideal and the 13 was cheapest! LOL

And yeah Protection plan is probably a good idea on a 2000$ computer! hahahha...
haha, Yeah most people say that. but I love the bigger screens. mine right now is 17.3 or something. and once I get the 27" I wont be able to deal with 13' hahaha