PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sad.

boba
03-02-2012, 11:51 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/lacrosse/ci_20076888
Saw on the news tonight a story about one of these men that died for our country. They interviewed his family and all I can say is what a man.

I was just thinking of this in view of the new story about an American going before congress and testifying that she's going bankrupt because shes having to much sex and that the government needs to fund her sex. So sad that shes getting so much press and everyone is acting like she is the hero. She isn't a hero, these men who died for our country are.

Just some thoughts after watching the news.

theonedru
03-03-2012, 12:19 AM
These men are not dying for our country, that always has been and will be false.They are dying for absolutely no good reason at all. And that is a crying shame.

boba
03-03-2012, 12:20 AM
These men are not dying for our country, that always has been and will be false.They are dying for absolutely no good reason at all. And that is a crying shame.

:rolleyes:

steelers#1fan
03-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Try saying this to someone who just lost their son or daughter, maybe someone on here that lost a brother,a sister,etc, that they died for nothing while serving for our country? That's heartless!

theonedru
03-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Try saying this to someone who just lost their son or daughter, maybe someone on here that lost a brother,a sister,etc, that they died for nothing while serving for our country? That's heartless!

Its a sad truth that's what it is. People need to quit being delusional and accept the truth that them being in Afghanistan has nothing to do with us here. They need to be here with their families.

steelers#1fan
03-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Still need to support the troops and that means keeping this type of opinion to yourself. It's hurtful and disrespectful.

Its a sad truth that's what it is. People need to quit being delusional and accept the truth that them being in Afghanistan has nothing to do with us here. They need to be here with their families.

*censored*
03-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Still need to support the troops and that means keeping this type of opinion to yourself. It's hurtful and disrespectful.

If people keep those opinions to themselves, kids will just keep on being sent over to fight for causes that aren't representative of the country as a whole.

andrewhoya
03-03-2012, 05:59 PM
If people keep those opinions to themselves, kids will just keep on being sent over to fight for causes that aren't representative of the country as a whole.

+1 :thumb:

steelers#1fan
03-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Unfortunately, the way the world is today people voicing their opinions will not keep us out of other countries, so in the end voicing opinions like this only hurts the families of the men and women dying for our country.

boba
03-04-2012, 12:13 AM

Try going to a group of soldiers and tell them your " opinion " see how it turns out.

theonedru
03-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Unfortunately, the way the world is today people voicing their opinions will not keep us out of other countries, so in the end voicing opinions like this only hurts the families of the men and women dying for our country.

They are not dying for America.. In any way shape or form. And who stays quite when an injustice like this happens.

steelers#1fan
03-04-2012, 09:04 AM
We can agree to disagree then.

They are not dying for America.. In any way shape or form. And who stays quite when an injustice like this happens.

shrewsbury
03-04-2012, 11:28 AM
they are american soldiers on active duty, no matter where they die, they are serving our country. they are soldiers following orders, whether they want to be there or not, and are much braver, been through more, and have sacrificed more than any of us posting.

BGT Masters
03-04-2012, 01:35 PM
they are american soldiers on active duty, no matter where they die, they are serving our country. they are soldiers following orders, whether they want to be there or not, and are much braver, been through more, and have sacrificed more than any of us posting.

I get tired of hearing stuff like this myself. Because I'd rather not serve in the military and be put in a situation where I'd have to take the life of someone that makes me less of a person? Boy those police officers and fire fighters at ground zero 9-11 I guess weren't very brave or courageous. I guess normal citizens in the USA have never had to make sacrifices, have never been through hard times, and aren't very brave. Give me a break. I've met soldiers who are amazing people, but guess what, they were amazing people before they were soldiers. You don't have to wield a fire arm and be over seas fighting to be brave, to know what it is to sacrifice, or to have to over come adversity.

boba
03-04-2012, 01:50 PM
I get tired of hearing stuff like this myself. Because I'd rather not serve in the military and be put in a situation where I'd have to take the life of someone that makes me less of a person? Boy those police officers and fire fighters at ground zero 9-11 I guess weren't very brave or courageous. I guess normal citizens in the USA have never had to make sacrifices, have never been through hard times, and aren't very brave. Give me a break. I've met soldiers who are amazing people, but guess what, they were amazing people before they were soldiers. You don't have to wield a fire arm and be over seas fighting to be brave, to know what it is to sacrifice, or to have to over come adversity.

I have no clue were you get the bolded point. Those men are also heros.
Did anyone ever say citizens don't make sacrifices? Your arguing with yourself.

No one ever said your not brave because your not in the military haha, no has ever said that. Do you not respect people who have their life on the line so you have your right to have an opinion?

shrewsbury
03-04-2012, 01:59 PM
are much braver, been through more, and have sacrificed more than any of us posting

if anyone posting here has sacrificed their life i stand corrected, but wait you couldn't be posting if you did.

and if it were not for these people, you would have no rights as an american, we would be brits or owned by hitler or worse.

glad you were not around for the revolutionary war.

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 02:01 PM

No one ever said your not brave because your not in the military haha, no has ever said that. Do you not respect people who have their life on the line so you have your right to have an opinion?

Your turn to explain. How are they fighting for our rights and freedoms?

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 02:04 PM
if anyone posting here has sacrificed their life i stand corrected, but wait you couldn't be posting if you did.

and if it were not for these people, you would have no rights as an american, we would be brits or owned by hitler or worse.

Some history points for ya.

1. The French were the main factors in defeating the British.
2. Hitler had no intentions of conquering or even attacking America. Not sure where you pulled that one from.
3. The British gave up many territories in the late 1800s-1950s to areas where they had owned land, as did many other european powers. There was minimal to know fighting involved. So saying that we would have no rights is bogus.

shrewsbury
03-04-2012, 02:17 PM

2. Hitler had no intentions of conquering or even attacking America. Not sure where you pulled that one from.
3. The British gave up many territories in the late 1800s-1950s to areas where they had owned land, as did many other european powers. There was minimal to know fighting involved. So saying that we would have no rights is bogus.

some history for you, thousands upon thousands of people died so you can be an american, if you think it is nothing, then move on out of here. how dare you belittle all the great grandfathers and their forefathers giving their lives for you to be free.

visit a military cemetery and see how many french you see buried there.

it is people like this that is making this country sick, no respect for those that came before, you think you are better, but yet you do nothing but put down those who have died in our military. hopefully when your loved one dies, someone like me will be there to show respect for their life, and someone like you not be there who cares less about the life of anyone and disrespects the dead and those that loved them.

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 02:31 PM
some history for you, thousands upon thousands of people died so you can be an american, if you think it is nothing, then move on out of here. how dare you belittle all the great grandfathers and their forefathers giving their lives for you to be free.

visit a military cemetery and see how many french you see buried there.

it is people like this that is making this country sick, no respect for those that came before, you think you are better, but yet you do nothing but put down those who have died in our military. hopefully when your loved one dies, someone like me will be there to show respect for their life, and someone like you not be there who cares less about the life of anyone and disrespects the dead and those that loved them.

Please show me where I said I am not happy being an American. Show me where I belittled those who died during the revolutionary war. That's right. I didn't. I never have and I never will. I am thankful for those who have given their lives for my freedom. That is what the revolutionary war was for. MY freedom. YOUR freedom. Our great great grandkids freedom. What other wars have we fought in that has resulted in 100% American benefits? Countries turn to us to protect them, and we have every single time. The Truman doctrine stated that the US would help fight against communism to any country that was being invaded by the Soviets or its sister states. Why should we risk our lives to keep away communism? Isn't a country free to decide what type of government it wants? Why should we try to interfere and shove our ideas and beliefs down their throats? They are an independent country FOR A REASON.

It is sad that many die each and every day fighting. But are their lives worth it? Is it worth pumping in billions of dollars for the protection of other independent countries? Social Darwinism is a very interesting subject. Those who are fit to live will live while those who are not will be conquered. Maybe the weaker states are weaker for a reason. Maybe instead of pumping in our hard earned money and soldiers we could teach and train countries on how to raise a strong and powerful army. They should be able to fight for themselves. They want freedom? Well they are going to have to work for it. Nothing in life is simply given away.

I don't appreciate having words put in my mouth. You have no idea who I am or what most of my beliefs are. I have a strong history of family in the military, all the way back to Hannibal. Many have died in battle, and just like most other deaths it is sad to see them go. But sometimes you need to look further. Was their death really necessary? In most cases the answer is no. You also said I don't care about the lives of anyone. I am active in the lives of many in our area especially those who are on the verge of death from cancer and other incurable diseases. I donate money and tangible goods every month. I do what I can to make my life a better place.

Next time instead of making false assumptions, look for and understand the details.

duane1969
03-04-2012, 02:45 PM

1. You are correct. The French saved our arses with advanced weapons that we did not have. But you are incorrect if you think that the French played a role in the fighting. The French casualties were a mere 990 compared to some 25,000 dead and another 25,000 wounded American colonials.

2. Hitler had a goal of world domination. He believed it was his birth right. If you look up the Third Reich you will discover that Hilter called his reign the Third Reich because it was thought that the Third Reich would rule the world. In actuality, he was counting the Holy Roman Empire as the First Reich even though it was not a German ruling entity (in lore the Reichs are all German). So in reality Hilter was the Second Reich, but he called it the Third Reich because he believed that military dominance of the world was his destiny.

Had we stayed out of it and waited for him to conquer Europe and Asia we would have been next. Was it in his immediate plans? No. Conquering Europe, Russia, Asia and Africa would have taken decades. But it would be foolish to think that he did not envision taking North America at some point.

3. The British still control territories that they consider profitable (the Virgin Islands, Caymen Islands and Faulklands come to mind). They gave up the ones that were either too hard to defend or no longer held strategic or financial value. Since America has both strategic and economic value it is logical to assume that they would have not voluntarily gave us autonomy.

boba
03-04-2012, 02:46 PM
[/B]
Your turn to explain. How are they fighting for our rights and freedoms?

Why don't you create a country without a standing army and see how long your freedoms last.

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 02:53 PM
1. You are correct. The French saved our arses with advanced weapons that we did not have. But you are incorrect if you think that the French played a role in the fighting. The French casualties were a mere 990 compared to some 25,000 dead and another 25,000 wounded American colonials.

If I am not mistaken, weren't they the ones who surrounded the British? I think they had supply ships incoming. Everyone was against the British at that point, so I guess France isn't alone. I think Spain had some guys too, etc.

2. Hitler had a goal of world domination. He believed it was his birth right. If you look up the Third Reich you will discover that Hilter called his reign the Third Reich because it was thought that the Third Reich would rule the world. In actuality, he was counting the Holy Roman Empire as the First Reich even though it was not a German ruling entity (in lore the Reichs are all German). So in reality Hilter was the Second Reich, but he called it the Third Reich because he believed that military dominance of the world was his destiny.

Had we stayed out of it and waited for him to conquer Europe and Asia we would have been next. Was it in his immediate plans? No. Conquering Europe, Russia, Asia and Africa would have taken decades. But it would be foolish to think that he did not envision taking North America at some point.

Yes, he had a goal of world domination. But let's be realistic. Millions of people would love to dominate the world. Can anyone actually do it? Doubtful. Hitler was too busy bailing out Italy's butt to conquer the world. Now, if Italy was not part of the Axis Powers, maybe he would have won.

3. The British still control territories that they consider profitable (the Virgin Islands, Caymen Islands and Faulklands come to mind). They gave up the ones that were either too hard to defend or no longer held strategic or financial value. Since America has both strategic and economic value it is logical to assume that they would have not voluntarily gave us autonomy.
What about places like India? Besides a few minor revolts, they got their independence through democratic movements in the 1900s.

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Why don't you create a country without a standing army and see how long your freedoms last.

That wasn't my question. There are people out there fighting against other countries. How are they protecting our freedoms? Nobody was fighting against us. We jumped in. There is not a single country on Earth who would be capable of taking away our freedoms or liberties. Yes, they could kill a ton of us, but our own government is the real worry.

boba
03-04-2012, 02:58 PM
That wasn't my question. There are people out there fighting against other countries. How are they protecting our freedoms? Nobody was fighting against us. We jumped in. There is not a single country on Earth who would be capable of taking away our freedoms or liberties. Yes, they could kill a ton of us, but our own government is the real worry.

:loco::twitch:

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 03:01 PM
:loco::twitch:

A country could bomb us an any moment.

Example (a bad one, but an example) is Pearl Harbor. Granted we knew it was coming, but that is besides the point.

duane1969
03-04-2012, 03:04 PM
If I am not mistaken, weren't they the ones who surrounded the British? I think they had supply ships incoming. Everyone was against the British at that point, so I guess France isn't alone. I think Spain had some guys too, etc.

I think you are referencing a scene from "The Patriot". That may be what happened but the French were here only as observers and advisors. They did not have a significant active military force on our soil.

Yes, he had a goal of world domination. But let's be realistic. Millions of people would love to dominate the world. Can anyone actually do it? Doubtful. Hitler was too busy bailing out Italy's butt to conquer the world. Now, if Italy was not part of the Axis Powers, maybe he would have won.

If anybody had a shot I would say it was him. Had he not started a two front war he would have controlled Europe and Russia by the late 1940's or so. With no significant military Africa would have been easy, no more than 3 or 4 years I am guessing.

Asia would have been the biggest challenge simply because the area is so vast. It is a little known fact that Japan was actually a military power and more powerful than China, and since they were Hitler's ally he already had the strongest military in Asia at his disposal.

What about places like India? Besides a few minor revolts, they got their independence through democratic movements in the 1900s.

No major financial benefit to keeping India. No strategic value to India. It was a no-brainer to cut them loose once they started rebelling. I am not positive but I think the primary value that India had to Britian was crop production.

BGT Masters
03-04-2012, 03:14 PM

Had you bothered to read the quote I was responding to you'd see why I was responding how I did. Shrewsbury said they (people serving in the military) are braver, and more courageous than anyone posting here. And in response to something else someone else posted (believe it was shrewsbury in response to me) so are you saying only the soldiers who unfortunately got killed are more brave and courageous than anyone who hasn't been killed even soldiers?

boba
03-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Had you bothered to read the quote I was responding to you'd see why I was responding how I did. Shrewsbury said they (people serving in the military) are braver, and more courageous than anyone posting here. And in response to something else someone else posted (believe it was shrewsbury in response to me) so are you saying only the soldiers who unfortunately got killed are more brave and courageous than anyone who hasn't been killed even soldiers?

No, are you in the right thread?

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM
I think you are referencing a scene from "The Patriot". That may be what happened but the French were here only as observers and advisors. They did not have a significant active military force on our soil.

I was actually going off of what I've been taught for the past 6 years. I've never seen that movie before.

If anybody had a shot I would say it was him. Had he not started a two front war he would have controlled Europe and Russia by the late 1940's or so. With no significant military Africa would have been easy, no more than 3 or 4 years I am guessing.

Asia would have been the biggest challenge simply because the area is so vast. It is a little known fact that Japan was actually a military power and more powerful than China, and since they were Hitler's ally he already had the strongest military in Asia at his disposal.
He was a great military leader, but had his fair share of weaknesses.

No major financial benefit to keeping India. No strategic value to India. It was a no-brainer to cut them loose once they started rebelling. I am not positive but I think the primary value that India had to Britian was crop production.

We were taught the exact opposite. It was a major textile capital for the British, as well as the crops. They were able to get cheap labor from the Indians for many years.

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 03:20 PM

I honestly thought that's what you were saying, too.

BGT Masters
03-04-2012, 03:20 PM

I guess I'm not. I wanted to be in another thread, but I'm too much of a coward to go post in it.

boba
03-04-2012, 03:22 PM
I guess I'm not. I wanted to be in another thread, but I'm too much of a coward to go post in it.

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq190/bobafett94/photos/see.jpg

boba
03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
I honestly thought that's what you were saying, too.

Saying that I think your a hero if gave your life for your country somehow means that your more brave then other soldiers who are willing to give their life or frankly anyone else in the world?

Just wondering, who would you classify as a hero?

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Saying that I think your a hero if gave your life for your country somehow means that your more brave then other soldiers who are willing to give their life or frankly anyone else in the world?

Just wondering, who would you classify as a hero?

shrews said it.

and are much braver, been through more, and have sacrificed more than any of us posting

Nothing classifies as a hero to me. They are a case-by-case basis.

boba
03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
shrews said it.

Nothing classifies as a hero to me. They are a case-by-case basis.

What can you sacrifice that is equivalent to your life?

shrewsbury
03-04-2012, 03:34 PM
good thread title, this is pretty sad!

boba
03-04-2012, 03:35 PM
good thread title, this is pretty sad!

I think I've sacrificed more then these guys in the article. I paid my taxes the other day.

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 03:36 PM

That varies from person to person.

boba
03-04-2012, 03:39 PM
That varies from person to person.

So for some people to give their life for something isn't much of a sacrifice? It just varies from person to person.

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 03:41 PM
So for some people to give their life for something isn't much of a sacrifice? It just varies from person to person.

Exactly.

boba
03-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Exactly.

Thats a head scratcher. Could you explain your position.

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Thats a head scratcher. Could you explain your position.

How can you prove that EVERYBODY in the world thinks life is the most valuable thing on earth?

BGT Masters
03-04-2012, 04:02 PM
For the record I never said soldiers weren't brave, courageous, ect for what they do. I am merely stating heroism comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes, not just soldiers. And to say they are better than anyone else to me is a slap to the face of other people who have put their necks on the line fighting a cause.

duane1969
03-04-2012, 04:04 PM
I was actually going off of what I've been taught for the past 6 years. I've never seen that movie before.

He was a great military leader, but had his fair share of weaknesses.

We were taught the exact opposite. It was a major textile capital for the British, as well as the crops. They were able to get cheap labor from the Indians for many years.

LOL your history teachers probably saw the movie too. It might have actually happened that way but even in the movie it happened like that bnecause the British were retreating and were trapped from doing so by the French fleet.

I agree Hitler had weaknesses. A two front war and lack of planning for a fast moving blitzkreig are the major ones. Had he planned better and conquered Europe before going into Russia then history may read quite a bit differently than it does now.

As for India, cotton was the primary resource (textiles). I referred to it as a crop but history teachers would probably call it a textile.

boba
03-04-2012, 04:04 PM
For the record I never said soldiers weren't brave, courageous, ect for what they do. I am merely stating heroism comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes, not just soldiers. And to say they are better than anyone else to me is a slap to the face of other people who have put their necks on the line fighting a cause.

+1

How can you prove that EVERYBODY in the world thinks life is the most valuable thing on earth?

I see what you saying and understand the logic. But let's think of some things people would value more. Riches, power, relationships... can you enjoy any of these things without life?

For the record I'm not saying that all soldiers are heroes, some are in it for the wrong intentions, for example a man who enjoys killing might join so he can kill.

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 04:09 PM
LOL your history teachers probably saw the movie too. It might have actually happened that way but even in the movie it happened like that bnecause the British were retreating and were trapped from doing so by the French fleet.

I agree Hitler had weaknesses. A two front war and lack of planning for a fast moving blitzkreig are the major ones. Had he planned better and conquered Europe before going into Russia then history may read quite a bit differently than it does now.

As for India, cotton was the primary resource (textiles). I referred to it as a crop but history teachers would probably call it a textile.

Actually most of the blitzkreigs worked.

As for India, we'll have to agree to disagree.

andrewhoya
03-04-2012, 04:11 PM
+1

I see what you saying and understand the logic. But let's think of some things people would value more. Riches, power, relationships... can you enjoy any of these things without life?

Try telling that to some of the crazy people in the world.

For the record I'm not saying that all soldiers are heroes, some are in it for the wrong intentions, for example a man who enjoys killing might join so he can kill.
You're contradicting yourself now... What if they are killed?

boba
03-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Try telling that to some of the crazy people in the world.

You're contradicting yourself now... What if they are killed?

I posted an article about 2 young men who died for our country. Hypothetically, there could be some psychos who join to kill people, ( although I think most of this type are rooted out in boot camp ). They are giving there life for the pleasure of killing, doesn't contradict anything I have said.

shrewsbury
03-04-2012, 07:06 PM

this is my post, never said anyone was more important than anyone else.

again, if any of you have died for what you believe in, protecting your family, protecting your friends, protecting your neighbor, protecting your community, protecting your country, i stand corrected.

but i would be more amazed by the fact you can post after death!!!!!!!!!

BGT Masters
03-04-2012, 07:35 PM
And in your post you never actually say anything about them having their lives taken fighting in the military. You merely mention no matter where they die. That would leave someone to think whether they died in battle or died of old age, if they served in the military they are much braver, been through more, and have sacrificed more than any of us posted. Which I find not true. Even if you wrote your statement better and more understandable, you're still saying soldiers that die in battle are better people than lets say, someone drowning because they rescued a child who fell in a flooded river, or a fire fighter who died saving someone from a burning building building, or a cop getting shot in the line of duty. I guess they;re lives don't mean, they didn't sacrifice as much, they aren't as brave as much as a soldier who dies in battle. I can go on and on, but with some people you can't argue a topic like this. I'll remember next time I bump into some of my friends that are/were in the military and let them know they aren't as brave as the soldiers that they fought next to that happened to get killed. What malarkey. I'm just going by your original statement which was directed at ONLY soldiers and not anyone else that happens to lose their lives doing something heroic.

shrewsbury
03-04-2012, 11:07 PM

pretty simple for us simple folk to understand.

me sayin dem dare soldiers who died in active dooty servin dare cuntry, is braver than anyone us of here postin on dis hair webby site.

no mention of anything else, but you can read as much as you lie into it.

us simple folk won't know the difference anyhows.

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 10:15 AM

I don't think he is saying this to disparage anything that our military does for the country. The point is, as I see it, is that their deaths are not really needed to keep united states citizens safe from threats. I tend to agree with that, but that's not to say that I don't value and respect the sacrifice that U.S. soldiers put forth. There's just no real value gained by their deaths and that is the saddest part about these wars. I feel that our country can keep it's citizens safe without having it's soldiers this much in harms way.

mrveggieman
03-05-2012, 10:22 AM
I don't think he is saying this to disparage anything that our military does for the country. The point is, as I see it, is that their deaths are not really needed to keep united states citizens safe from threats. I tend to agree with that, but that's not to say that I don't value and respect the sacrifice that U.S. soldiers put forth. There's just no real value gained by their deaths and that is the saddest part about these wars. I feel that our country can keep it's citizens safe without having it's soldiers this much in harms way.

CHURCH!! :love0030:

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 02:32 PM
me sayin dem dare soldiers who died in active dooty servin dare cuntry, is braver than anyone us of here postin on dis hair webby site.

I'm not sure why it was needed to post something so condescending.

theonedru
03-05-2012, 02:38 PM

America if you remember your history didn't really care what Hitler was doing because for the large part of the war we stayed out of it until Pearl Harbor because of the Neutrality Act.

BGT Masters
03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
pretty simple for us simple folk to understand.

no mention of anything else, but you can read as much as you lie into it.

us simple folk won't know the difference anyhows.

I'm sorry if I offended you so much with my opinion. That you had to post something so ridiculous to attempt to get your point across. I guess since I recognize all sacrifices by everyone as equal I obviously deserved to be belittled like that. Well done, sir. :wave:

shrewsbury
03-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Even if you wrote your statement better and more understandable

well you understood the last post

your post you never actually say anything about them having their lives taken fighting in the military.

really? here i my post

on active duty, serving our country, following orders.

I'll remember next time I bump into some of my friends that are/were in the military and let them know they aren't as brave as the soldiers that they fought next to that happened to get killed.

and as i said

again, if any of you have died for what you believe in, protecting your family, protecting your friends, protecting your neighbor, protecting your community, protecting your country, i stand corrected.

again, this mention the folks posting on this thread who are mocking our military men and women who die while on active duty, if any of YOU gave you life i stand corrected.

and mention to your friends that the people that died in combat next to them, died for nothing, see how that goes for you.

and i will say if i offended you, then sorry