PDA

View Full Version : Gov't buying 7 million pounds of amonia treated meat for school lunches

mrveggieman
03-08-2012, 09:19 AM
All I can say is wow.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/pink-slime-for-school-lun_n_1322325.html?ref=mostpopular

theonedru
03-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Thank the cosmos I am a vegan.. I feel sorry for whoever ingests this "stuff" (you can't really call it meat)

mrveggieman
03-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Thank the cosmos I am a vegan.. I feel sorry for whoever ingests this "stuff" (you can't really call it meat)

From what I've heard prisoners eat better than this.

Star_Cards
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
well, with mcdonald's not using it anymore there's probably a pretty sweet price decrease on it.

theonedru
03-08-2012, 11:24 PM
well, with mcdonald's not using it anymore there's probably a pretty sweet price decrease on it.

If mcdonalds and other fast food places are passing on it then that says how bad it really is

Star_Cards
03-09-2012, 09:35 AM
If mcdonalds and other fast food places are passing on it then that says how bad it really is

yes, exactly. It's ironic because the government administrators seem to hate to cut budgets and are known for lots of wasted tax payer money but yet they will cut corners on something that they should be spending the tax payer money on. I say that assuming this crap meat is cheaper but you never know. A decision maker could have a buddy who makes this junk and pays him good money for it.

mrveggieman
03-09-2012, 09:44 AM
yes, exactly. It's ironic because the government administrators seem to hate to cut budgets and are known for lots of wasted tax payer money but yet they will cut corners on something that they should be spending the tax payer money on. I say that assuming this crap meat is cheaper but you never know. A decision maker could have a buddy who makes this junk and pays him good money for it.

Are you suggesting that business have side deals with the gov't? Oh no I can't believe that. :pound:

AUTaxMan
03-09-2012, 09:47 AM
This one has a better pic.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/usda-buys-7-million-pounds-of-pink-slime-for-school-lunches/

mrveggieman
03-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Your link was right on about the pink slime but they lost me when they felt the need to take a shot at Mrs. Obama. The USDA is in charge of school lunches not the first lady. She is trying to...

duane1969
03-09-2012, 10:25 AM
I would have to see some more valid info on this than HuffPost. I work in a school and the USDA/Fed government does not buy the food for our schools. Funding is provided for the school lunch program and we have a county level administrator (Director of Nutrition) who purchases food for the school lunches from local and regional providers.

mrveggieman
03-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Here's another shocker the manufacture of the pink slime says that it is actually good for children.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/12/pink-slime-is-good-for-americas-schoolchildren-manufacturers-claim/?test=latestnews