PDA

View Full Version : NE Univ Students reject chick fil because of links to anti gay groups

mrveggieman
03-12-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm going to have to go with chick fil a on this one. I think the students are stretching it a little bit. You can go to any store in america and find a products that donate to comapines that you don't agree with. You can't boycott everything. I am more offended by the garbage that they call food that they serve at mcdonalds than where chick fil a donates their money. What do you think?

http://www.sonliving.com/news/3698-students-discriminate-against-chick-fil-a-s-christian-ties.html

Star_Cards
03-12-2012, 09:27 AM
I know that chick fil a is public that they have a religious foundation. I just know that from hearing why they close on sundays. I don't know the stances of the places they donate money to but they hardly seem anti gay. I've also never heard anything about chick fil a saying or doing anything as a company that would support them being anti gay. Although my chick fil a knowledge is hardly robust.

Bottom line they have the right to donate money to where ever they please and the students have the right to boycott. I doubt that losing one account like this will really effect them and I doubt a small boycott would cause them to adjust their donating process. Sometimes boycotts usually rally a customer base.

duane1969
03-12-2012, 09:38 AM
If it is acceptable for Komen to re-donate to Planned Parenthood then it should be fine for Chik-Fil-A to donate their own profits to whomever they choose.

AUTaxMan
03-12-2012, 09:41 AM
I know that chick fil a is public that they have a religious foundation. I just know that from hearing why they close on sundays. I don't know the stances of the places they donate money to but they hardly seem anti gay. I've also never heard anything about chick fil a saying or doing anything as a company that would support them being anti gay. Although my chick fil a knowledge is hardly robust.

Bottom line they have the right to donate money to where ever they please and the students have the right to boycott. I doubt that losing one account like this will really effect them and I doubt a small boycott would cause them to adjust their donating process. Sometimes boycotts usually rally a customer base.

CFA is a privately held company that was founded by Truett Cathy, one of the finest men you'll ever meet. His business is based on Christian principles, and I can promise you that Focus on the Family, Exodus International and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes have and will do more good than the ne'er-do-wells who are against a CFA franchise because of their donations to these Christian organizations.

mrveggieman
03-12-2012, 09:48 AM
CFA is a privately held company that was founded by Truett Cathy, one of the finest men you'll ever meet. His business is based on Christian principles, and I can promise you that Focus on the Family, Exodus International and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes have and will do more good than the ne'er-do-wells who are against a CFA franchise because of their donations to these Christian organizations.

From what I have heard the Fellowship of Christian athletes is a pretty cool organization. I'm not too familiar with Exodus International and I know that the Focus on Family is somewhat controversial in some of their views but that being said the chick fil a boycott is somewhat of a stretch. Oh well more waffle fries for the rest of us.

INTIMADATOR2007
03-12-2012, 07:18 PM
I think i'll have chick-fil-a for lunch everyday this week.

pghin08
03-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Nothing about Chick-Fil-A seems anti-gay. It's definitely not anti-delicious.

mrveggieman
03-13-2012, 09:09 AM
I think i'll have chick-fil-a for lunch everyday this week.

Bring me some waffle fries while you are over there. :party0053:

pghin08
03-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Bring me some waffle fries while you are over there. :party0053:

+2. Chick-Fil-A is probably my favorite fast food place (except possibly Subway).