PDA

View Full Version : Oxymoron Much?

duane1969
03-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I know there is a thread already about the Afghanistan killings by a US soldier...but this is just so stupid I had to bring it up.

The Taliban is vowing revenge for the killings in Afghanistan. Isn't that sort of oxymoronic or hypocritical or something? The Taliban, a group whose core values and entire reputation are centered on killing tens of thousands of innocent people are going to avenge the killing of 16 innocent people...there are not even words in existence that can describe just how stupid that is.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/12/taliban-vows-revenge-against-american-savages-after-us-soldier-allegedly-kills/

mrveggieman
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
The taliban is a bunch of blood thirsty religious fanatics looking for an excuse to harm innocent people. If it wasn't this they would find some other excuse for their cowardly deeds.

habsheaven
03-12-2012, 03:51 PM
It's all a matter of perspective. Depending on which side of the fence you are on, the view from the other side is exactly the same.

pghin08
03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
The Taliban sucks.

duane1969
03-12-2012, 07:30 PM
It's all a matter of perspective. Depending on which side of the fence you are on, the view from the other side is exactly the same.

Not exactly. The Taliban specifically targets civilian targets such as markets, restaurants and hospitals. The US government does occasionally hit those types of targets but the goal is enemy combatants.

habsheaven
03-13-2012, 06:37 AM
Not exactly. The Taliban specifically targets civilian targets such as markets, restaurants and hospitals. The US government does occasionally hit those types of targets but the goal is enemy combatants.

Care to enlighten me on how many Iraqi and Afghani civilians have died as a result of American/coalition military actions in the past 10 years? Goals do not count, results count.

duane1969
03-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Care to enlighten me on how many Iraqi and Afghani civilians have died as a result of American/coalition military actions in the past 10 years? Goals do not count, results count.

No innocent civilians have died from being intentionally targeted by US or coalition military staff. No member of the military leadership has set a goal of targeting a civilian target with the specific intent to kill innocent people. Any civilian deaths have resulted occured as either an accident or because those we were fighting use civilian locations as a haven and have caused civilians to be caught in the crossfire.

Goals DO count. When the enemy dresses like civlians, hides in churches and houses and launches mortar strikes from people's front yards then they are the cause of the civilian casulaties.

Now that I have explained myself, please explain to me how you equate the Taliban and al Queda intentionally killing thousands of innocent people to coalition forces accidentally killing or wounding a few.

habsheaven
03-13-2012, 09:41 AM
No innocent civilians have died from being intentionally targeted by US or coalition military staff. No member of the military leadership has set a goal of targeting a civilian target with the specific intent to kill innocent people. Any civilian deaths have resulted occured as either an accident or because those we were fighting use civilian locations as a haven and have caused civilians to be caught in the crossfire.

Goals DO count. When the enemy dresses like civlians, hides in churches and houses and launches mortar strikes from people's front yards then they are the cause of the civilian casulaties.

Now that I have explained myself, please explain to me how you equate the Taliban and al Queda intentionally killing thousands of innocent people to coalition forces accidentally killing or wounding a few.

I did not say that I equated the two. I said the PERCEPTION is the same from either side.

Star_Cards
03-13-2012, 09:44 AM
I know there is a thread already about the Afghanistan killings by a US soldier...but this is just so stupid I had to bring it up.

The Taliban is vowing revenge for the killings in Afghanistan. Isn't that sort of oxymoronic or hypocritical or something? The Taliban, a group whose core values and entire reputation are centered on killing tens of thousands of innocent people are going to avenge the killing of 16 innocent people...there are not even words in existence that can describe just how stupid that is.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/12/taliban-vows-revenge-against-american-savages-after-us-soldier-allegedly-kills/

definitely oxymoron-ish and typical of terrorist groups. surely they were more thrilled that this happened than outraged just so they can use it as a great propaganda tool.

mrveggieman
03-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Taliban opens fire on Afgan officials:

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/taliban-fire-on-afghan-1382881.html

duane1969
03-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Taliban opens fire on Afgan officials:

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/taliban-fire-on-afghan-1382881.html

LOL apparently they failed to figure out who to blame...