PDA

View Full Version : Scanner inquiry

SiuMai
03-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone!

I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum for it. If it's not my apologies.
Those of you who collect and use scanners to scan your precious collection of cards for the world to see. I am looking to invest in a scanner myself but I don't have any experience with them. Could someone please recommend a brand/model to me. I live in Toronto, Canada and am looking to spend anywhere between $80-130 for one. I have looked up a few brand/models and read several mixed reviews after reading them I didn't feel so sure anymore. My criteria for a scanner is to have it scan clear sharp, color accurate scans of my own pc. I have a Vista Desktop and a Win7 Laptop. Could any of you recommend or direct me to one that works for you?

Any help is appreciated.

TJJenkins
03-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Honestly, I've always had VERY good luck with the cheap Canon ones Wal Mart sells.

SiuMai
03-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Honestly, I've always had VERY good luck with the cheap Canon ones Wal Mart sells.

Thanks

I'll look into that at my local Wallmart. Anyone else have a recommended brand/model for me?

roaddogg02316
03-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Got a nice Kodak Scanner/printer on black friday a couple years ago. Want to say like $50 or $60, nobody went for them but they work well. Plus the ink cartridges are cheap.
I think mine is the E5350

SiuMai
04-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up getting the Epson V330 it was on sale with mail-in rebate. I have been using it for a little over a week now and I love it.