PDA

View Full Version : 1 in 7 drivers in the US do not have car insurance

pwaldo
03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-09-11/uninsured-drivers/50363390/1

MattDMC
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Honestly I though it would be higher than 1 in 7 I have insurance but a lot of people I know don't.

For a lot of people they simply can't afford the insurance especially kids who are just starting driving.

mrveggieman
03-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Hell some of these people drive like they don't even have a liscence let alone insurance.

duane1969
03-16-2012, 10:42 AM
hell some of these people drive like they don't even have a liscence let alone insurance.

+1

Star_Cards
03-19-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm a little shocked by that number. 1 in 7 is very high. That's scary to think about from the perspective of an insured driver. Luckily from most of the stories I hear people that do have insurance have uninsured motorist coverage.

I can understand people not wanting to pay for insurance or even not being able to afford it, but considering the alternatives if you actually need insurance I'd try my hardest to find the money. I get that some people just can't afford it and that each case is different, but if you are young and working and don't have kids you should be able to find the cash to afford insurance. for me the risk is too great not to have it. I also think that penalties for not having auto insurance should be stiffer especially if you cause an accident and aren't covered and don't have the money to cover the damages.