PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing Vegas Race

bouncer
03-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Last year at the Vegas race the drivers took the time to sign autographs for fans. This year, unless you had a hot pass you were pretty much out of luck.

Here is a couple pickups I got from the haulers:

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad143/bouncer_bb/sprintcup.jpg

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad143/bouncer_bb/colewhittt.jpg

race crazy
03-17-2012, 05:33 PM
hmm wonder why they didnt sign as much

osufanman
03-17-2012, 11:45 PM
1. Cause they wanted out of there ASAP to hit the tables.
2. What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas and didn't want photos to prove otherwise.
3. There wasn't time with everyone now being custom fitted for firesuits including the spotters in case of flying debre from rocked fueled trucks.
4. They are trying to shorten the races and had to start somewhere.
5. Times are tough they only sign for $ these days.
...... those were just a few guesses.

Biggums7
03-18-2012, 01:16 AM

thats far far far away from the truth, nascar drivers sign more autographs in 1 race weekend then most nba/nfl players sign in a whole season and almost all sign for free not for $ like nba superstars. dont believe me, take a look at my 2012 preseason thunder testing thread and see how many autographs i got.

bouncer
03-18-2012, 10:59 AM

Iíve been attending the Vegas race for the past 4 years and I typically average 8-10 IP autoís during the 3 days in the garage area. Kyle Busch was the only driver I saw signing all 3 days. I was able to snag his. Edwards took about 15 minutes one day to sign. Besides those 2 drivers in 3 days, I didnít see any other driver signing.

bouncer
03-18-2012, 11:06 AM
1. Cause they wanted out of there ASAP to hit the tables.
2. What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas and didn't want photos to prove otherwise.
3. There wasn't time with everyone now being custom fitted for firesuits including the spotters in case of flying debre from rocked fueled trucks.
4. They are trying to shorten the races and had to start somewhere.

This year drivers really took the time to sign for the people who had cold/hot passes at the track. In the past, drivers typically took 5-10 minutes to sign before or after Friday and Saturday practices. This year after practice they bolted to there haulers.