PDA

View Full Version : Racist anti-obama bumper sticker goes viaral

mrveggieman
03-19-2012, 03:54 PM
If this is the best that the republicans can do I'm not worried at all. Instead of going after his political record they are catering to the lowest element of our society by putting out nonesense and name calling like this. I'm really looking foward to seeing my president re-elected this fall.

http://www.thegrio.com/politics/picture-of-anti--obama-campaign-bumper-sticker-goes-viral.php

AUTaxMan
03-19-2012, 04:02 PM
It's garbage and it isn't endorsed by "the republicans."

theonedru
03-19-2012, 04:17 PM
1. Why mention just republicans, that's kind of discriminatory is it not by attacking just them? And they really are not name calling, they were kind of brilliant in misspelling a word (re-nig/renig) and letting societies interpret it however they feel. society get offended makes a stink and the people that made the sticker get all this free publicity. People just should have been smart and ignored this and let it fade away.

mrveggieman
03-19-2012, 04:30 PM
It's garbage and it isn't endorsed by "the republicans."

Well who is? It sure isn't the dems.

pghin08
03-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Well who is? It sure isn't the dems.

I don't think any party that wants to get elected to a position of power would authorize something like this. Just some jerk who thought he was being clever.

mrveggieman
03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I don't think any party that wants to get elected to a position of power would authorize something like this. Just some jerk who thought he was being clever.

I don't think that any party would directly sign off on this but I'm sure that things like this can easily happen through backdoor channels.

Triple Peanut
03-19-2012, 05:27 PM
i'm no english major but i'm pretty sure the sticker technically means the opposite of what these idiots think it means.
renig means to back out, cancell, change your mind, etc. saying don't renig in 2012 = don't make a change in 2012.
am i not correct on this? some days i feel like a genius...if only by comparison. :rolleyes:

shrewsbury
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
you are correct

Wickabee
03-19-2012, 07:16 PM
1. Why mention just republicans, that's kind of discriminatory is it not by attacking just them? And they really are not name calling, they were kind of brilliant in misspelling a word (re-nig/renig) and letting societies interpret it however they feel. society get offended makes a stink and the people that made the sticker get all this free publicity. People just should have been smart and ignored this and let it fade away.
Are you serious? There was nothing "brilliant" about this. This is a racial attack with no purpose but to perpetuate more hate.
Now, I'm sure the Rep Party had nothing to do with it, but I have to wonder what party the people who made this (these) stickers will be voting for.

In short, this kind of thing makes me very happy I'm Canadian.

AUTaxMan
03-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Are you serious? There was nothing "brilliant" about this. This is a racial attack with no purpose but to perpetuate more hate.
Now, I'm sure the Rep Party had nothing to do with it, but I have to wonder what party the people who made this (these) stickers will be voting for.

In short, this kind of thing makes me very happy I'm Canadian.

Because there are no racists in Canada?

shrewsbury
03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Because there are no racists in Canada?

nope, and they live closer to santa