PDA

View Full Version : KS republican: Dont make my primarily caucasian district more diverse

mrveggieman
03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Wow. And you republicans want me to believe that ya'll actually care about miorities???

http://www.thegrio.com/politics/kansas-lawmaker-dont-make-my-primarily-caucasian-district-more-diverse.php

shrewsbury
03-19-2012, 09:22 PM
this is what makes things so hard for some of us so called or maybe self called conservatives.

you disagree with democrats 80% of the time and most elected republicans 70% of the time!

theonedru
03-20-2012, 01:56 AM
So because 1 person has this idea you blame them all.......

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
My problem is when we talk about racism within the republican party the first thing the like to do is pat themselves on the back for things that they did 60 years ago and blame dems for racism during that same timeframe. I don't know about anyone else but I live in 2012 and am interested in what politicians can do today not hearing them rest on previous accompolishments.

AUTaxMan
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
So because 1 person has this idea you blame them all.......

That's pretty much how he operates. Take an anecdote and use it to portray the entire republican party.

AUTaxMan
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
My problem is when we talk about racism within the republican party the first thing the like to do is pat themselves on the back for things that they did 60 years ago and blame dems for racism during that same timeframe. I don't know about anyone else but I live in 2012 and am interested in what politicians can do today not hearing them rest on previous accompolishments.

You have yet to provide an argument that Democrats care about minorities either, based on what they have actually accomplished for the minorities.

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
You have yet to provide an argument that Democrats care about minorities either, based on what they have actually accomplished for the minorities.

It is neccesary for me to provide that. You conservatives are the one who keep trying to get me to switch over the republican party and the only argument you provide is what you did more than 60 years ago.

Wickabee
03-20-2012, 11:48 AM
I will say, from here I see the Reps parade as many African Americans and Latinos as they can to prove they're "all about minorities".

I never see the Dems do that.

duane1969
03-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Mr. Biden is equally skeptical—albeit in a slightly more backhanded way—about Mr. Obama. “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,”

Wow. And you Democrats want me to believe that you are not a bunch of racist bigots?

Wickabee
03-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Watching American politics it becomes difficult to believe the entire country isn't a bunch of racists and bigots.

I know it's not, but it sure looks that way.

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I will say, from here I see the Reps parade as many African Americans and Latinos as they can to prove they're "all about minorities".

I never see the Dems do that.

And look at the clowns that republicans parade around. Allan West and Herman Cain. Not exactly the definition of being black on both sides if you know what I mean. :winking0071:

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Watching American politics it becomes difficult to believe the entire country isn't a bunch of racists and bigots.

Sad but true.

AUTaxMan
03-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Can you tell me why blacks almost exclusively vote Democrat?

Wickabee
03-20-2012, 12:19 PM
As soon as you tell me why rich old white men almost exclusively vote Republican...

AUTaxMan
03-20-2012, 12:29 PM
As soon as you tell me why rich old white men almost exclusively vote Republican...

That's easy-- because they are concerned with fiscal irresponsibility, want lower taxes and less government regulation. I am still seeking an answer on my question. Mrv never can seem to give me one.

duane1969
03-20-2012, 12:29 PM

Because black people have been brainwashed by liberal propaganda of the 70's, 80's and 90's into believing that the Democrats care for them and Republicans are all racist. This thread is proof enough of that.

Because Democrats base nearly everything they do on the idea that increasing taxes on the rich will solve everything.

duane1969
03-20-2012, 12:31 PM
And look at the clowns that republicans parade around. Allan West and Herman Cain. Not exactly the definition of being black on both sides if you know what I mean. :winking0071:

No I don't. What does "being black on both sides" mean?

EDIT: Oh wait! I get it. They are black on the OUTside and white on the INside. Interesting. What is black on the inside?

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 12:44 PM

Because the republicans have not did anything of benefit the the black community in 60+ years.

AUTaxMan
03-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Because the republicans have not did anything of benefit the the black community in 60+ years.

The assumption, then, is that blacks vote Democrat because the Democrats do things to benefit the black community, right?

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 01:02 PM
The assumption, then, is that blacks vote Democrat because the Democrats do things to benefit the black community, right?

Yes just like anyone else would vote for the side that the feels best benefits their best intrests.

AUTaxMan
03-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Yes just like anyone else would vote for the side that the feels best benefits their best intrests.

Now, what facts support that assumption? Has the overall condition of the black community substantially improved over the past 30 years because of the efforts of the Democrat party? How so?

Wickabee
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Now, what facts support that assumption? Has the overall condition of the black community substantially improved over the past 30 years because of the efforts of the Democrat party? How so?
How about the history of democracy?
Perhaps common sense as well.

pspstatus
03-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Quite simply if you think any politician cares about anyone under a certain income bracket I believe you are sorely mistaken. The only color that matters is green.

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Quite simply if you think any politician cares about anyone under a certain income bracket I believe you are sorely mistaken. The only color that matters is green.

That makes sense. Both parties are ultimately concerned with their bottom line however one party despises people of different races and religions more than the other.

AUTaxMan
03-20-2012, 03:11 PM
That makes sense. Both parties are ultimately concerned with their bottom line however one party despises people of different races and religions more than the other.

Has the overall condition of the black community substantially improved over the past 30 years because of the efforts of the Democrat party? How so?

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Has the overall condition of the black community substantially improved over the past 30 years because of the efforts of the Democrat party? How so?

The dems are not our savior nor are they the mesiah. Things have been getting gradually better in the black community but we have a long way to go. It is not just because of the dems, it is because of civic and religious leaders as well as other factors. So tell me what has the republicans did recently that helped the black community?

ensbergcollector
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM

really? that's funny, because the only person around these boards that shows in their words that they despise anyone is you. you despise any black person who doesn't place the needs of blacks first. you despise cops. you despise christians who, oh my goodness, actually believe the things that jesus said, etc.

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 03:37 PM
really? that's funny, because the only person around these boards that shows in their words that they despise anyone is you. you despise any black person who doesn't place the needs of blacks first. you despise cops. you despise christians who, oh my goodness, actually believe the things that jesus said, etc.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth again. If you ever have any facts to provide to our discussions I'm all ears.

shrewsbury
03-20-2012, 03:38 PM
however one party despises people of different races and religions more than the other.

really? maybe individuals, but not even close to all of us!

ensbergcollector
03-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks for putting words in my mouth again. If you ever have any facts to provide to our discussions I'm all ears.

while you routinely make leaps in your accusations about the thoughts of others, i stated nothing but fact. who is the only person on here who has ever used a racist term? you (uncle tom).

who has routinely make sweeping generalizations about all police? you

we have entire threads where you express outrage at christians who think jesus is the only way to heaven.

so, again, nice accusation but everything i said was based on fact.

AUTaxMan
03-20-2012, 03:56 PM

Which of his statements was inaccurate?

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 03:58 PM
while you routinely make leaps in your accusations about the thoughts of others, i stated nothing but fact. who is the only person on here who has ever used a racist term? you (uncle tom).

who has routinely make sweeping generalizations about all police? you

we have entire threads where you express outrage at christians who think jesus is the only way to heaven.

so, again, nice accusation but everything i said was based on fact.

I stand by everything that I say. First of all the term uncle tom is not a racist term per se even though it is not something any of us would want to be called. Any one can be an uncle tom. An uncle tom is someone who sells out their own people. You could go as far to say that the people of Iraq who helped the US invade their country would be considered uncle toms by other Iraqi people. Secondly I know that all police are not corrupt but they need to to a better job policing them selves and to call out other corrupt cops just like you feel that muslims should call out corrupt muslims. Finally you have the legal right to belive that jesus, muhammad, donald trump or ronald mcdonald for that matter is the only way to heaven. I have no problem with you believing whatever you want. However don't get mad when you make outlandish religious claims that we demand proof.

AUTaxMan
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
The dems are not our savior nor are they the mesiah. Things have been getting gradually better in the black community but we have a long way to go. It is not just because of the dems, it is because of civic and religious leaders as well as other factors. So tell me what has the republicans did recently that helped the black community?

I understand that the Dems are not your savior, but you claim that blacks vote for them because they do stuff for the black community. My questions is what, exactly, they have done to improve the black community? Are you now saying that they don't do things for the black community? If not, then why are you voting for them?

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 04:06 PM
I understand that the Dems are not your savior, but you claim that blacks vote for them because they do stuff for the black community. My questions is what, exactly, they have done to improve the black community? Are you now saying that they don't do things for the black community? If not, then why are you voting for them?

Where did I say that they don't do anything for the black community? There is only so much that they can do but at least they are trying. That is more that I can say about the republicans.

AUTaxMan
03-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Where did I say that they don't do anything for the black community? There is only so much that they can do but at least they are trying. That is more that I can say about the republicans.

I don't understand. What, exactly, are they doing/have they done. What actual events have transpired to lead you to this conclusion? I am genuinely curious, because you cant seem to put it into words.

theonedru
03-20-2012, 06:58 PM

Actually if you look at the entire history of America from day 1 to now your statement is not that far off the truth. Whether it has been Blacks, gays Asians, Native peoples, women..... there has always been a group of Americans where it has been ok to discriminate against them in 1 form or another.

Wickabee
03-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Actually if you look at the entire history of America from day 1 to now your statement is not that far off the truth. Whether it has been Blacks, gays Asians, Native peoples, women..... there has always been a group of Americans where it has been ok to discriminate against them in 1 form or another.
Yeah, I know and Canada's history isn't a whole lot better, but we seem to be today. I mean racism still exists here for certain, but the level of openness Americans typically have about their own racism absolutely blows my mind.

duane1969
03-21-2012, 10:03 AM
I am still waiting to learn what black on both sides means...

veggie - would using the term "Uncle Tom" be appropriate to use towards a white man who isn't only doing things for white people? Using your definition of the term, a white man who does things to benefit blacks, latinos or any other race but white is an Uncle Tom, correct? So calling white people who only do things for white people a racist is wrong, by your definition, right?

Also, you perception of the term is incorrect. An Uncle Tom was a black man who was freed but still acted subservant to whites. It had nothing to do with "selling out".

What you definied "Uncle Tom" as meaning is the modernized version and it is entirely meant as an epithet.

mrveggieman
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I am still waiting to learn what black on both sides means...

veggie - would using the term "Uncle Tom" be appropriate to use towards a white man who isn't only doing things for white people? Using your definition of the term, a white man who does things to benefit blacks, latinos or any other race but white is an Uncle Tom, correct? So calling white people who only do things for white people a racist is wrong, by your definition, right?

Also, you perception of the term is incorrect. An Uncle Tom was a black man who was freed but still acted subservant to whites. It had nothing to do with "selling out".

What you definied "Uncle Tom" as meaning is the modernized version and it is entirely meant as an epithet.

Call it how you want to just call it. You know exactly what I am getting at. Any good politician weather it be president obama, dennis kucinhch, joe biden, etc must do things to benefit everyone regardless trivial matters such as race, religion, gender, sexual preference, etc. Perefect example President Obama works for all of us. Idiots like Herman Cain and Allan West do not care about black people one bit or even working class white people for that matter and are only concerned about kissing the backsides of the rich white people which in turn would make them uncle toms so they would be considered black on the outside but not black on both sides. :winking0071: