PDA

View Full Version : United States of Obama?

ensbergcollector
03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
hey guys,

saw this the other day and just wondered what everyone's thoughts were on it. i know this will probably end up just being another party line debate but who knows, maybe we can do better. I for one find the flag disrespectful of the country. The person on the flag isn't the issue for me. If a republican center did this with bush or any other republican my feelings would be the same. So, what are your thoughts?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/14/us-flag-depicting-president-obama-removed-from-floridas-lake-county-democratic/

mugatu471
03-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Completely agree. No person's face should be on the flag, no matter party preference.

shrewsbury
03-19-2012, 10:20 PM
"It leads me to believe that it's not about the flag," she told FoxNews.com. "Certain elements cannot accept Barack Obama as president."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/14/us-flag-depicting-president-obama-removed-from-floridas-lake-county-democratic/#ixzz1pcEX6z90

wonder what she meant by that

pghin08
03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
wonder what she meant by that

I'm assuming she was referencing racist people/groups who do not approve of Obama being President.

pspstatus
03-20-2012, 12:40 AM
hey guys,

saw this the other day and just wondered what everyone's thoughts were on it. i know this will probably end up just being another party line debate but who knows, maybe we can do better. I for one find the flag disrespectful of the country. The person on the flag isn't the issue for me. If a republican center did this with bush or any other republican my feelings would be the same. So, what are your thoughts?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/14/us-flag-depicting-president-obama-removed-from-floridas-lake-county-democratic/

That's pretty ridiculous of them. The flag is a representative of the country never one person, no matter who that person is.

habsheaven
03-20-2012, 09:06 AM
I can't imagine ANYONE would think this is not disrespectful, but when you think about it; respect for the office and country in general has been deteriorating for decades now.

mrveggieman
03-20-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't have a problem with the particular flag but I don't really see a purpose for it either.

pspstatus
03-20-2012, 03:28 PM
It's pretty funny too because I can't think of one politician that represents what that flag is supposed to stand for.

pghin08
03-20-2012, 03:41 PM
It's pretty funny too because I can't think of one politician that represents what that flag is supposed to stand for.

I think there are a couple, but not too many.

duane1969
03-20-2012, 03:41 PM
it's pretty funny too because i can't think of one politician that represents what that flag is supposed to stand for.

+1

Star_Cards
03-20-2012, 04:46 PM
I'd expect that the reaction would be negative towards any image of a president placed in the U.S. flag like that. The U.S. flag is way too symbolic to be use as a campaign marketing tool. I assume that was the intent, but I consider that poorly executed.

Star_Cards
03-20-2012, 04:48 PM
and let's not get this wrong. It's not like the Obama administration commissioned that as a marketing piece. People make crappy design all the time and this seems to be exactly that. Some guy with a bad idea.

ensbergcollector
03-20-2012, 04:49 PM
and let's not get this wrong. It's not like the Obama administration commissioned that as a marketing piece. People make crappy design all the time and this seems to be exactly that. Some guy with a bad idea.

no one is accusing obama, but this is not some random idiot selling these online. this was the official democratic office of a county flying this flag. no, i don't think obama had anything to do with this,

Star_Cards
03-20-2012, 05:34 PM
no one is accusing obama, but this is not some random idiot selling these online. this was the official democratic office of a county flying this flag. no, i don't think obama had anything to do with this,

agree completely. still a bad idea that was poorly executed by an official at a county democratic HQ.