PDA

View Full Version : Hate Crime Prevention Act- Very long read

steelers#1fan
03-21-2012, 04:52 PM
How can Whites,Jews and Asians be exempt from the HCPA? Come on Obama! A hate crime is a hate crime no matter who commits it or who it's against! Here is an interesting read I stumbled across this...

*censored*
03-21-2012, 05:03 PM
http://blog.chembark.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/tldr.jpg

steelers#1fan
03-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Sorry, I don't get it?

http://blog.chembark.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/tldr.jpg

*censored*
03-21-2012, 05:11 PM
It stands for "Too long, didn't read."

Could you give us a Cliff's Notes version of it?

steelers#1fan
03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
What it boils down to is that Obama needs to rewrite the HCPA to include everyone of all races. You can't leave anyone out. A hate crime is a hate crime no matter who commits it. Here are a few highlights.

New: There is now a subsection about Hate Crimes that Aren't (http://www.akdart.com/hate-c.html#Not): Apparently a criminal act can only be considered a "hate crime" if the victims are not white and the perpetrators are not black.

The Statist Dictionary (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/09/the_statist_dictionary.html): Hate Crime. Any act of violence, intimidation, or criticism against a member of a Statist-designated PC group, such as Muslims, gays, women, Hispanics, or blacks. Violent crimes against whites, Asians, or Jews, based on their ethnic background, are just crimes. Maybe.

Obama's Wonderland Is No Fairy Tale (http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/06/obamas_wonderland_is_no_fairy.html). [Scroll down] When questioned by senators about the massive expansion in hate crimes enforcement, Attorney General Holder responded that hate crimes legislation "would not necessarily cover" instances where whites, Christians, or military members were assaulted. Preferential treatment for blacks at the expense of whites and Asians was part of Obama's tenure during his time as senator. Double standards and obvious favoritism now reign supreme. Most egregious is Holder's dismissal of the case where New Black Panther Party members intimidated white voters.

Nicnac
03-22-2012, 10:38 AM
This is the weirdest anti-Obama rant I have seen to date.

mrveggieman
03-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Some people on here are starting to lose their credibility real fast.

tsjct
03-22-2012, 12:27 PM
The Hate crime is the DUMBEST thing ever put in place. A crime is a Crime is a Crime no matter what your skin color is. People of all color commit crimes.

Star_Cards
03-22-2012, 12:47 PM
I agree that certain races can't be left out of a hate crimes bill. It's makes absolutely zero sense. It's basically saying that the races excluded don't deserve the same added prosecution as the ones included.

Wickabee
03-22-2012, 04:44 PM
The Hate crime is the DUMBEST thing ever put in place. A crime is a Crime is a Crime no matter what your skin color is. People of all color commit crimes.
YES!
There's a great episode of South Park that covers this beautifully.

steelers#1fan
03-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Humor me and tell me why this is? :rolleyes: This should be interesting!

Some people on here are starting to lose their credibility real fast.

steelers#1fan
03-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Nothing anti Obama about it. What race are you?

This is the weirdest anti-Obama rant I have seen to date.

steelers#1fan
03-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Agreed! I've said that many times. My argument is since they do have and are enforcing the HCPA, they should include everybody. :winking0071:

pspstatus
03-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Agreed! I've said that many times. My argument is since they do have and are enforcing the HCPA, they should include everybody. :winking0071:

The law does include everybody regardless of what and how the media reports the different stories.

steelers#1fan
03-23-2012, 05:49 AM
White people are not considered a "protected class" under the HCPA.

The law does include everybody regardless of what and how the media reports the different stories.

lloydr04
03-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Hmm this place is getting real racial specific lately , who let the second group of airheads in the pnr section ..

mrveggieman
03-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Humor me and tell me why this is? :rolleyes: This should be interesting!

Some people turn any discussion about a social issue into an anti obama rant. We understand that certian people hate our president and the reason is pretty obvious but it's getting old real fast. :frusty:

shrewsbury
03-23-2012, 09:59 AM
We understand that certian people hate our president and the reason is pretty obvious but it's getting old real fast.

what reason is it?

mrveggieman
03-23-2012, 10:04 AM
what reason is it?

Either you are very naive or you are patronizing me. If it is the former I would like to ask you what world do you live in? If it is the latter as I suspect I can only SMH.

ensbergcollector
03-23-2012, 10:13 AM
everyone, just so we are clear. veggieman believes that any opposition to obama can only be because you are racist. you can't have any actual opposition to him or anything that he has done.
Now, if you are against any republican politician, that's ok; they deserve your outrage. Obama does not. he has done nothing wrong so obviously if you oppose him it is because you are a racist.

mrveggieman
03-23-2012, 10:24 AM
everyone, just so we are clear. veggieman believes that any opposition to obama can only be because you are racist. you can't have any actual opposition to him or anything that he has done.
Now, if you are against any republican politician, that's ok; they deserve your outrage. Obama does not. he has done nothing wrong so obviously if you oppose him it is because you are a racist.

Thanks again for putting words in my mouth. No one will agree with everything that any politician does, has done or will do even if they voted for him. Yes he has made some mistakes and unpopular decisions but so did bush, clinton, fdr and even george washington. However when President Obama does something that the media dosen't like they act like he just killed a child. If any other president made the same mistake it wouldn't even be an afterthought. If you want to continue to turn a blind eye to the blatent racism against our president weather it be online or by your favorite news and media groups then feel free. The rest of us will be here in the real world if you ever care to join us.

ensbergcollector
03-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks again for putting words in my mouth. No one will agree with everything that any politician does, has done or will do even if they voted for him. Yes he has made some mistakes and unpopular decisions but so did bush, clinton, fdr and even george washington. However when President Obama does something that the media dosen't like they act like he just killed a child. If any other president made the same mistake it wouldn't even be an afterthought. If you want to continue to turn a blind eye to the blatent racism against our president weather it be online or by your favorite news and media groups then feel free. The rest of us will be here in the real world if you ever care to join us.

again, not putting words in your mouth. Read your posts in every thread involving obama. you cry racism at anyone who opposes him. You imply deep seeded racism in nearly everyone who isn't a blind supporter. For the record, I haven't had cable in over 8 years so i don't have a "favorite news and media group." The only times I have gone to foxnews is when someone here posts a link.
As long as people cry racism where none exists, racism will continue to be a problem in this country

mrveggieman
03-23-2012, 10:40 AM
again, not putting words in your mouth. Read your posts in every thread involving obama. you cry racism at anyone who opposes him. You imply deep seeded racism in nearly everyone who isn't a blind supporter. For the record, I haven't had cable in over 8 years so i don't have a "favorite news and media group." The only times I have gone to foxnews is when someone here posts a link.
As long as people cry racism where none exists, racism will continue to be a problem in this country

So if you really think that no one hates our president because of his race there is no need to continue this discussion with you.

ensbergcollector
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
So if you really think that no one hates our president because of his race there is no need to continue this discussion with you.

i have never said that NO ONE hates obama because of race. Obviously there are some. But to act as though that represents the majority, or even a large percentage of the opposition is just obscene. Whenever obama supporters don't want to address the reason for the opposition they just cry racism and then don't have to deal in reality anymore.

You don't simply say there are people who dislike him because of his race. You imply that most people who dislike him do so because of his race and you imply that there are those on these boards who dislike him because of his race. Both of which are wrong and borderline sinful.

mrveggieman
03-23-2012, 11:07 AM
i have never said that NO ONE hates obama because of race. Obviously there are some. But to act as though that represents the majority, or even a large percentage of the opposition is just obscene. Whenever obama supporters don't want to address the reason for the opposition they just cry racism and then don't have to deal in reality anymore.

You don't simply say there are people who dislike him because of his race. You imply that most people who dislike him do so because of his race and you imply that there are those on these boards who dislike him because of his race. Both of which are wrong and borderline sinful.

So you actually don't believe that there are people on this site some of them post on P&R who dislike our president because of his race? Even I know that you don't believe that.

BGT Masters
03-23-2012, 02:09 PM
I didn;t read it because well, its extremely long, but if the summed up version is correct. If I beat up someone who is black just because they;re black its a hate crime? If someone who is black beats me up because I am white, its not? Now what if a black persons beats up another black person because they are too dark or too light? Crime, is crime, is crime to me, but if you're going to have a hate crime law it should be equal to everyone, even if you're half asian/half white and jewish. And to the remark of people hate obama just because he's black, I'm sure thats true, just as its true a lot of people like him just because he's black. Racism goes both ways.

Star_Cards
03-23-2012, 02:16 PM

I doubt that he thinks there are some or even quite a few people that hate Obama simply due to the color of his skin, but there have been people that defend Obama proponents by calling them racists. Neither is fair, but both exist.

pspstatus
03-23-2012, 04:18 PM
White people are not considered a "protected class" under the HCPA.

Please show me in the law where it says that.