PDA

View Full Version : Amazing this Story is just now getting Coverage????

tsjct
03-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Amazing how this STORY never got attention that the Trayvon shooting has.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/21/father-shot-in-front-of-young-daughter/

habsheaven
03-22-2012, 12:46 PM
I saw a report on this story back when it happened. Not sure why AC360 reported on it again. I guess just to relate it to the Martin shooting.

tsjct
03-22-2012, 12:51 PM
I saw a report on this story back when it happened. Not sure why AC360 reported on it again. I guess just to relate it to the Martin shooting.

This was the first i had seen of it. I can promise it did not get near the attention the Trayvon case is getting. But then again it was a Black man walking across the street to confront a White man with a gun in hand and shooting the white DAD dead infront of his 8 yr old daughter. Guess Al Sharpton and the cronies did not want to cover it at the time.

mrveggieman
03-22-2012, 12:59 PM
This was the first i had seen of it. I can promise it did not get near the attention the Trayvon case is getting. But then again it was a Black man walking across the street to confront a White man with a gun in hand and shooting the white DAD dead infront of his 8 yr old daughter. Guess Al Sharpton and the cronies did not want to cover it at the time.

I couldn't watch the video from the job so I really didn't get the story of this. But if is like you say it is and a black guy shot and killed a white man in front of his daughter for no reason and no one is uspet about it and the media is not covering it I would think that you should blame Rush, or Fox news before you should blame Al Sharpton.

shrewsbury
03-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Rush, or Fox news before you should blame Al Sharpton.

why?

mrveggieman
03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
why?

Whenever a black person is accused of a crime especially of a crime against a white person (eg OJ) the conservative media (eg fox and rush) are all on top of it like flies on waste. If the media never spoke of this gentleman's murder I would wonder why they never said anything about it first.

ensbergcollector
03-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Whenever a black person is accused of a crime especially of a crime against a white person (eg OJ) the conservative media (eg fox and rush) are all on top of it like flies on waste. If the media never spoke of this gentleman's murder I would wonder why they never said anything about it first.

you are joking right? whenever a black person commits a crime it is all over the news? seriously?

and i'm sorry, did you really use OJ as an example? You mean the NFL HOFer who was accused of double murder? yeah, i'm sure that only made news because he was black. smh

mrveggieman
03-22-2012, 01:49 PM
you are joking right? whenever a black person commits a crime it is all over the news? seriously?

and i'm sorry, did you really use OJ as an example? You mean the NFL HOFer who was accused of double murder? yeah, i'm sure that only made news because he was black. smh

Yes I used him as an example. It could be OJ or it could be some random black guy married to a white woman. If something goes down the conservative commentators are ready to do a lynching through the media. Again no one regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual preference, etc deserves to be assulted or murdered. However when a innocent black child is murdered and no one is being held accountable naturally the black community will rally for justice. Why are you mad at Al Sharpton for wanting justice for an innocent child that was murdered? That could have just as easily been my son or your son for that matter that was killed at the hands of a gutless coward.

lloydr04
03-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Amazing how this STORY never got attention that the Trayvon shooting has.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/21/father-shot-in-front-of-young-daughter/

your post has so much fail in it where do i start(and why try to use this horrible event that happened to this young man to try to get other posters skin)

1) the guy was yelling at someone else, then he "started yelling at the guy with gun"

2) The guy went over there and no telling what kind of words took place their and the guy might or might not of "stood his ground" the right way, but if you touch a gun and someone lunges at you, wouldn't an officer also shoot too?

3) seems like in the other case the guy followed the boy and shot him for no reason while he was minding HIS business, doesn't seem to be the case in what you posted

Now again things like this happen all the time, as sad as it is.. but what makes these two stories similar besides the state it happened in

Wickabee
03-22-2012, 02:58 PM
How is that "full of fail"? He posted a story and said it's not getting the coverage the Trayvon story is getting.

Seems pretty straightforward and correct to me...

Afrank45
03-22-2012, 03:05 PM
So let me see if i have this right OP:

a little girl lost her father our country lost a veteran and you are upset because the shooter is black and it isnt getting the same media attention as a youth being murdered?

So what you are saying is you dont care about the deceased just as long as this gets the same media coverage as trayvon martin?

Even if this guy spends the rest of his days in a state prison and that little girl grows up with out a dad, your biggest complaint is the lack of media coverage?

Do i have that right correct, or are you now going to give me some rhetoric on how that is not what you meant even though based on your posts that is clearly what you meant

lloydr04
03-22-2012, 03:05 PM
How is that "full of fail"? He posted a story and said it's not getting the coverage the Trayvon story is getting.

Seems pretty straightforward and correct to me...

One person got shot arguing and trying to disarm a guy to do who knows what if anything if he got the gun

the other is a teen being stalked and shot because of his skin color...

but somehow this should be as big of a story as what happened to the young boy? Why not make them all get national coverage then?

This story is different from what usually goes on as the person followed an unarmed person who didn't even know who the guy was in this story, just some crazy guy with a gun

The story he is referring to is a guy who started an argument with someone else while playing bball with his daughter, not saying it isn't sad.. but see a difference?

Wickabee
03-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Oh, so you put thought into that post. Okay then. Carry on...

tsjct
03-22-2012, 05:37 PM
One person got shot arguing and trying to disarm a guy to do who knows what if anything if he got the gun

the other is a teen being stalked and shot because of his skin color...

but somehow this should be as big of a story as what happened to the young boy? Why not make them all get national coverage then?

This story is different from what usually goes on as the person followed an unarmed person who didn't even know who the guy was in this story, just some crazy guy with a gun

The story he is referring to is a guy who started an argument with someone else while playing bball with his daughter, not saying it isn't sad.. but see a difference?

The black man told a Young Man to STOP skateboarding in the park. The Veteran Dad that was shot infront of his daughter told the black man there was no Law against a young man skateboarding in the park. The Black man grabbed a gun went across the street to the Park and confronted the Veteran. The black man grabbed for his gun in his waistband and a struggle ensued and the veteran was shot dead. That was the case. Had this been a White guy who went across the street to confront a Black guy playing basketball and a argument happened and the white guy shot the black guy the MEDIA would have said WHY DID THE WHITE GUY go across the street confront the black guy he was just playing basketball with his daughter. If you are blind to the HATE CRIME law and how it only covers a select few i have no answers for you.

lloydr04
03-22-2012, 07:25 PM
The black man told a Young Man to STOP skateboarding in the park. The Veteran Dad that was shot infront of his daughter told the black man there was no Law against a young man skateboarding in the park. The Black man grabbed a gun went across the street to the Park and confronted the Veteran. The black man grabbed for his gun in his waistband and a struggle ensued and the veteran was shot dead. That was the case. Had this been a White guy who went across the street to confront a Black guy playing basketball and a argument happened and the white guy shot the black guy the MEDIA would have said WHY DID THE WHITE GUY go across the street confront the black guy he was just playing basketball with his daughter. If you are blind to the HATE CRIME law and how it only covers a select few i have no answers for you.
Edit, nevermind...

mrveggieman
03-23-2012, 08:26 AM
That was the case. Had this been a White guy who went across the street to confront a Black guy playing basketball and a argument happened and the white guy shot the black guy the MEDIA would have said WHY DID THE WHITE GUY go across the street confront the black guy he was just playing basketball with his daughter.

Murdering an inncoent man while playing any sport with is daughter is wrong regardless of the races involved. I'm curious to why did you switch the sports when you made the hypothetical situation about the white man killing the black man? You said that the blackman was killed while playing basketball with his daughter. Why could he have not been skateboarding with his daughter? You know the black people skateboard too don't you?

tsjct
03-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Murdering an inncoent man while playing any sport with is daughter is wrong regardless of the races involved. I'm curious to why did you switch the sports when you made the hypothetical situation about the white man killing the black man? You said that the blackman was killed while playing basketball with his daughter. Why could he have not been skateboarding with his daughter? You know the black people skateboard too don't you?

I changed Nothing! The man was playing basketball with his daughter. Another young kid was skateboarding when the Black man started Screaming for him to stop skateboarding in the park. The White man playing basketball with his daughter told the black man there were no signs stating the young kid could not skateboard in the park. The Black man Grabbed a Gun came across the street to confront the white guy playing basketball with his daughter. Things went south and the Black man shot the white man DEAD. Why did the black man have to bring a gun??

mrveggieman
03-23-2012, 09:58 AM
I changed Nothing! The man was playing basketball with his daughter. Another young kid was skateboarding when the Black man started Screaming for him to stop skateboarding in the park. The White man playing basketball with his daughter told the black man there were no signs stating the young kid could not skateboard in the park. The Black man Grabbed a Gun came across the street to confront the white guy playing basketball with his daughter. Things went south and the Black man shot the white man DEAD. Why did the black man have to bring a gun??

Ok I stand corrected. I wasn't able to view the vid so I can only go about what is talked about in the thread. I do agree that it was wrong to kill somebody for playing sports in the park with their kids.

Star_Cards
03-23-2012, 10:36 AM

This seems like it was about anger and had nothing to with race other than the two men had different races. I assume that the guy would have done what he did no matter what color the guy was. I'd also bet that you can find instances where a white guy has killed a black guy and it wasn't reported nationally and where race wasn't an issue or made to be an issue.

As far as the zimmerman case, I don't know if race was involved in his motives. It sounds like it could have been in the 991 call I read or it could have been a thing he had against younger kids. I think we'll find out if zimmerman targeted trayvon out of racial motives or if he just thought he looked suspicious. I still think it's odd that shooting the kid was something he needed to do. I'm not sure how the scuffle went down or how trayvon reacted to make zimmerman think his life was in danger. If it was just a fight and zimmerman shot him I don't think shooting a person would be needed. However, if trayvon was beating the tar out of him and wouldn't stop I could see where it's warranted.

Star_Cards
03-23-2012, 10:43 AM

I doubt he was making a statement that blacks play basketball and don't skateboard. I know you guys have your little riff going, but this speculation just escalate it which I don't like.

although I hope you had some humor in that post. :)

mrveggieman
03-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I doubt he was making a statement that blacks play basketball and don't skateboard. I know you guys have your little riff going, but this speculation just escalate it which I don't like.

although I hope you had some humor in that post. :)

I don't have a problem with him. We disagree a lot but it's good to have him on here for his prespective.

tsjct
03-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Let me make myself very clear! I hope the Scum bag that shot and killed Trayvon gets the death penalty. He had no right to shoot that young man. He was a wanna be cop and he went to extremes and needs to be punished. I just hate when Race is played in these cases. It only divides us more and the news loves to do that. Mrveggieman and i disagree on almost everything but we do find common grounds on a few things and i also like to have him here. If we all agreed on everything it would be a boring place to chat.

Wickabee
03-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Let me make myself very clear! I hope the Scum bag that shot and killed Trayvon gets the death penalty. He had no right to shoot that young man. He was a wanna be cop and he went to extremes and needs to be punished. I just hate when Race is played in these cases. It only divides us more and the news loves to do that. Mrveggieman and i disagree on almost everything but we do find common grounds on a few things and i also like to have him here. If we all agreed on everything it would be a boring place to chat.
This wasn't about race until the local police screwed the pooch. If they had done their jobs properly in the first place, this wouldn't be such an issue now.

INTIMADATOR2007
03-24-2012, 01:05 PM
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

pspstatus
03-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Why was Zimmerman following him? I can't claim to know what happened but is it possible that Trayvon Martin felt threatened and possibly reacted a certain way? I wouldn't take to kindly to somebody susupiciously following me.

BGT Masters
03-25-2012, 02:04 AM
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

And if this is all true, there is your reason for him getting shot. If I heard correctly there had been I believe 8 robberies all by young black males in that gated community the past 8 months. Hence why Zimmerman had called the cops so many times.

Theodor Madison
03-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Interesting, though the cases are similar, I find that that society has become less tolerant of each other. Being under stress and listening to all the negative things said by one race or the other, pushes people to hate people. Yes, there were slaves, and yes there were slave masters, yet we always believe we are justified to do what we do.
I have also seen, that when times are good ( we all get along). I believe it has to do with the economy and what we perceive we should have and say.

mrveggieman
03-26-2012, 08:08 AM

CHURCH!! :love0030:

If I could also add anyone who sexually abuses and or kills a child regardless of the race of the victim or the predator should be tourtured and excuted.