PDA

View Full Version : Penalties for not having insurance

roaddogg02316
03-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Just wondering everyone's opinion on this?

Being tax time I owe a good chunk because I was only insured for 1 month last year. Been laid off for over a year so it was either pay bills or have insurance. Can't do both with what unemployment pays. And please no comments about that. I work in construction and with this economy it just isn't happening. I don't have the $ to go to school. I had wanted to take a welding course at the local Voc. school but it was $400!
I got outsourced almost because they can find immigrants who will work for cheaper and not say anything or don't know better that they are getting cheated on their pay.

I know here in the great state of MA they penalize you on your taxes if your not insured. I have heard it's because it is cheaper if everyone has it so the penalty is for not having it. But even what they offer thru unemployment to keep the same plan was expensive. More than I was collecting in a month. Do they expect me to not eat?

AUTaxMan
03-27-2012, 07:18 PM
They expect you to rely on them for everything. It's not about health care. It's about control.

roaddogg02316
03-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Sounds about right. I have a strong belief that those who aren't in charge have better ideas and thoughts then the ones who are controlling this country.

shrewsbury
03-27-2012, 10:21 PM
i for one cannot afford to pay any more taxes. i have busted my butt to get where i am at. i have no problem paying my fair share, but if my taxes are increased i am unsure what i will do.

my employer pays for my health care 100%, so i have no worries about a penalty, but what a crop of crap.

you can choose to have life insurance, if you own a home you have home insurance, if you own a car you have car insurance. if yu0 don't own a home or car you don't have to have insurance.

the catch here is what about those who practice homeopathic, traditional chinese, or the other forms of "health care" that are out there? they will have to pay for something they will never use? so if we all have to have health insurance should we not be made to have life insurance? funerals, caskets, urns, burial plots, and head stones aren't free or cheap

angel0430
03-28-2012, 10:00 AM
That is the government in it's best...lol

Star_Cards
03-28-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't think the state should be able to tax you if you don't have insurance. If you want to risk it and pay the balance should you have medical needs then that is your right. It's not like car insurance where you could accidentally injure a person and need money to pay off claims in that manner.

If I have a house and own the mortgage I could choose to not have insurance. It's not wise, but it's allowed. You just have to self insure.

AUTaxMan
03-28-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't think the state should be able to tax you if you don't have insurance. If you want to risk it and pay the balance should you have medical needs then that is your right. It's not like car insurance where you could accidentally injure a person and need money to pay off claims in that manner.

If I have a house and own the mortgage I could choose to not have insurance. It's not wise, but it's allowed. You just have to self insure.

Your lender would probably drop you.

theonedru
03-28-2012, 02:53 PM
They expect you to rely on them for everything. It's not about health care. It's about control.

Bingo,

You would be basically paying to be a citizen of the USA if you look at it, plus with mandatory health care insurers can raise their rates to whatever they want and we would have to pay it since it would be mandatory. You think your paying high premiums now, if this goes through these rates will seems cheap.

Star_Cards
03-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Your lender would probably drop you.

if you have a lender yes you have to have insurance, but if I pay off my house then I do not think you have to have insurance. didn't word that very well in my original post.