PDA

View Full Version : Is this bad?

roaddogg02316
03-28-2012, 07:15 PM
That I don't want to live in this country anymore. Living in the US used to be so great but now it seems it really has gone down the toilet. Was living pretty decently but now no work. Really in a bad situation now. it really makes me not even want to live here anymore.

DunkingDurant35
03-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Consider - what else is available? As frustrated as many of us are now with this country (and for many legitimate reasons), what other place is feasible, and/or more conducive to your living aspirations than the U.S.?

TitansFan
03-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Being in the Military, I would never consider anything else. I am currently debating moving all the way to the other side of the country to get a new start though.

habsheaven
03-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Consider - what else is available? As frustrated as many of us are now with this country (and for many legitimate reasons), what other place is feasible, and/or more conducive to your living aspirations than the U.S.?

Canada, of course.

shrewsbury
03-29-2012, 12:00 AM
dang canadians!

boba
03-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Canada, of course.

The only problem with this, they all think hockey is the best sport up there : ) :winking0071:

theonedru
03-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Just wait and America will collapse its inevitable that all great civilization crumble eventually.. Whatever is left will be a heck of a lot better than what exists now.

TJJenkins
03-29-2012, 04:25 AM
I'm not buying the 'there's no work' argument anymore. I've been offered at least five jobs in the past two weeks (in addition to my current full time job). The work's out there if you actually look.

mrveggieman
03-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Times are indeed rough and no one knows what the furture will hold for anyone of us. As for ME I take solace in knowing that God is looking out for me and will see me and my family through.

duane1969
03-29-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm not buying the 'there's no work' argument anymore. I've been offered at least five jobs in the past two weeks (in addition to my current full time job). The work's out there if you actually look.

I agree. I have seen plenty of "Help Wanted" signs in my area. I think part of the problem is that everyone thinks they deserve a job making $30k or more a year and won't even apply for jobs that pay less.

Canada, of course.

I jokingly told my family that we are moving to Canada if America stays on it's current course. Got an extra bunk or two? LOL

Joncamburn
03-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Thats a great thing about this country is that if you really don't like where it is headed you can leave at any point. My guess is that you are just blowing off a little steam, and if you took a step back and thought about it, you wouldn't feel so strongly about leaving.

pghin08
03-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Canada, of course.

I love living in the US, but if I were to move anywhere else, it's Canada. For many reasons:

1. It's beautiful up there.

2. Canadians have to be the nicest people on the planet. Seriously, kind to a fault, almost. Plus, there's a different aura up there. Canadians are generally less stressed and less in a hurry to get everywhere.

3. I can eat poutine and not be judged for it.

4. I love hockey, and I can proclaim it loudly without being pegged as a "communist"

5. Did I mention the poutine?

duane1969
03-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Dude I had to Google poutine. All I can say is "Eewww!"

mrveggieman
03-29-2012, 09:58 AM

I looked it up. I would try if I could get it with vegan gravy and non dairy cheese. :winking0071:

pghin08
03-29-2012, 10:06 AM

THAT is the way to store some fat. It's actually delicious, trust me.

habsheaven
03-29-2012, 12:46 PM

I have never tried it, although my wife and kids enjoy it. I am not a fan of goooey cheese. Donairs on the other hand are delicious.

tragically fish
03-29-2012, 12:49 PM
I have never tried it, although my wife and kids enjoy it. I am not a fan of goooey cheese. Donairs on the other hand are delicious.

Nothing like a good donair !

duane1969
03-29-2012, 12:50 PM

The word "curds" killed it for me. I have eaten a lot of crazy stuff but curdled milk ain't happenin'.

pghin08
03-29-2012, 12:52 PM

oh MAN, I forgot about donairs. Nova Scotians are geniuses. I'm so hungry right now, I haven't had lunch yet. Makes me want one of my many Pittsburgh delicacies.

mrveggieman
03-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Anyone ever ate a french fry sandwich like they do in Britian?

hawk2618
03-29-2012, 01:01 PM
The paper I receive in the morning has 2 to 3 pages of help want ads everyday in it.Many do have certain requirements but the other member after hit it on the head.Everyone wants jobs that make 25 to 30 and hour with all benefits and a car.Just doesn't happen that way.Whatever happen to the days where you started out cleaning windows,then worked up to filing papers,then an assistant to the assistant and so on until you made it up to the bigtime?Are those days going to be extinct soon??~~Dave C.

shrewsbury
03-29-2012, 01:04 PM
i am employed and always have been. but i must say that our local paper is lucky to list 10 jobs under the help wanted section

pghin08
03-29-2012, 01:15 PM
i am employed and always have been. but i must say that our local paper is lucky to list 10 jobs under the help wanted section

We have a good amount here in Pittsburgh, but then again, we made it through the recession remarkably well.

(Side note: to the food conversation, I've created a thread in the chit-chat forum where we can talk about our favorite local/ethnic foods)

Star_Cards
03-29-2012, 01:20 PM
That I don't want to live in this country anymore. Living in the US used to be so great but now it seems it really has gone down the toilet. Was living pretty decently but now no work. Really in a bad situation now. it really makes me not even want to live here anymore.

It's not bad, but I'm curious what you actually find so off putting that you legitimately want to leave the country for good.

Star_Cards
03-29-2012, 01:25 PM
I love living in the US, but if I were to move anywhere else, it's Canada. For many reasons:

1. It's beautiful up there.

2. Canadians have to be the nicest people on the planet. Seriously, kind to a fault, almost. Plus, there's a different aura up there. Canadians are generally less stressed and less in a hurry to get everywhere.

3. I can eat poutine and not be judged for it.

4. I love hockey, and I can proclaim it loudly without being pegged as a "communist"

5. Did I mention the poutine?

I agree, if I ever came to the decision that I wanted to leave the country, Canada probably would be my choice. Although it's the easy option. Not saying that in a bad way, it's just a country that Americans could go to and not have much of a culture shock.

as far as poutine. It's good at first, but I'm not into soggy fries and the poutine I've had pile on the gravy. By the time you get halfway done it's all soggy. I guess I'd have to order gravy on the side.

Star_Cards
03-29-2012, 01:28 PM
The word "curds" killed it for me. I have eaten a lot of crazy stuff but curdled milk ain't happenin'.

I'm pretty sure they are cheese curds not curdled milk. cheese curds = delicious.

duane1969
03-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Our local job service has 60 jobs listed for our county. Also they do not do the hiring for PMI (the largest convencience store chain in our area) or the Greenbrier resort (the largest employer in our area) and several of the larger production type businesses like a hardwood flooring plant, a turkey farm and a textiles manufacturer do not use them. So it is logical to assumethat there are 150+ jobs needing filled in my area.

duane1969
03-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm pretty sure they are cheese curds not curdled milk. cheese curds = delicious.

I don't like to reference Wikipedia much but...

Cheese curds in cuisine, or cooking, are the solid parts of soured milk

Isn't curdled where the term "curds" comes from?

EDIT: I am not much of a cheese person, period. It is all curdled milk to me...

pghin08
03-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Our local job service has 60 jobs listed for our county. Also they do not do the hiring for PMI (the largest convencience store chain in our area) or the Greenbrier resort (the largest employer in our area) and several of the larger production type businesses like a hardwood flooring plant, a turkey farm and a textiles manufacturer do not use them. So it is logical to assumethat there are 150+ jobs needing filled in my area.

You're near the Greenbrier? Talk about a Democratic headquarters. My boss went to a meeting at the Greenbrier last year. Talk about a beautiful place.