PDA

View Full Version : Hockey gloves display advice - help!

stop__dreaming
03-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Just a quick thread to ask some advice on casing hockey gloves in an acrylic display case.

Have a pair incoming and want to show them off, safely, in a nice case.

Been trying to fathom measurements for a case as I don't currently own any hockey gloves at all to compare. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

P.s The autos are on the back of the 'hand'... so am thinking maybe stood up next to each other?

Help!

roaddogg02316
03-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Just a quick thread to ask some advice on casing hockey gloves in an acrylic display case.

Have a pair incoming and want to show them off, safely, in a nice case.

Been trying to fathom measurements for a case as I don't currently own any hockey gloves at all to compare. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

P.s The autos are on the back of the 'hand'... so am thinking maybe stood up next to each other?

Help!

Were you planning on making a case or trying to find one that would fit them? I know they do make cases to fit boxing gloves and a football helmet case would probably be too small.

The autograph is where? Like on the cuff of the glove. Like if you had them on and held your hands up you would see the auto. I'd say even laying down would be fine. If you have them standing up and they shifted then you have to adjust them again.

stop__dreaming
03-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Were you planning on making a case or trying to find one that would fit them? I know they do make cases to fit boxing gloves and a football helmet case would probably be too small.

The autograph is where? Like on the cuff of the glove. Like if you had them on and held your hands up you would see the auto. I'd say even laying down would be fine. If you have them standing up and they shifted then you have to adjust them again.

Trying to find one. I guess I could make one, depending on whether I can find the materials.

I've had a look at the boxing gloves, but they seem to have tubes inside to hold them upright. I'm currently looking at a motor racing helmet display case, but unsure on the gloves measurements.

The autos are between the wrist cuff and the knuckles; not 100% central on the glove itself but near enough.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Standing up could result in movement and having to place them right again.

roaddogg02316
03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Trying to find one. I guess I could make one, depending on whether I can find the materials.

I've had a look at the boxing gloves, but they seem to have tubes inside to hold them upright. I'm currently looking at a motor racing helmet display case, but unsure on the gloves measurements.

The autos are between the wrist cuff and the knuckles; not 100% central on the glove itself but near enough.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Standing up could result in movement and having to place them right again.

Ok well just happen to have 4 pairs lying around. I have mine stored in Rubbermaid totes. No room for them. Do have my goalie gloves on top of my bookcase, collecting dust but I don't know what I could find to fit them, no funds anyways.

I'd say your best bet is a pre-built case, as cutting plexiglass and all that can be tough. You do one thing wrong and you could snap it.

But a pair of gloves lying side by side with a very small space in between measures side to side 15" across at the widest spot(give or take)
and from cuff to finger tips roughly 12"

Hope that helps, but all gloves are different. These I measured were a 15" pair of gloves, not sure what that measurement means? Good luck.

stop__dreaming
03-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Ok well just happen to have 4 pairs lying around. I have mine stored in Rubbermaid totes. No room for them. Do have my goalie gloves on top of my bookcase, collecting dust but I don't know what I could find to fit them, no funds anyways.

I'd say your best bet is a pre-built case, as cutting plexiglass and all that can be tough. You do one thing wrong and you could snap it.

But a pair of gloves lying side by side with a very small space in between measures side to side 15" across at the widest spot(give or take)
and from cuff to finger tips roughly 12"

Hope that helps, but all gloves are different. These I measured were a 15" pair of gloves, not sure what that measurement means? Good luck.

The 15" means the distance between your fingertips and the end of your elbow pad, I think. That calculation determines what size gloves you need.

Thanks for that, helps a lot!!