PDA

View Full Version : George Zimmerman's history of 911 calls on Black males

mrveggieman
03-29-2012, 09:11 AM
http://www.loop21.com/life/george-zimmerman-911-call-history?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theloop21+%28TheLoop21.com+Co mprehensive+Feed%29

gladdyontherise
03-29-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm not reading that document, but just from that short article, it shows me nothing different that I knew/thought I knew, to be honest.

shrewsbury
03-29-2012, 09:32 AM
i could only manage to look through about 1/2 of the actual police reports, no blacks mentioned, dogs, potholes, garage doors left open, trash in road,

duane1969
03-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Well, the article does a good job of trying to paint Zimmerman as a racist nutjob, but if one actually takes the time to read the referenced 911 call log then there are some holes in the implication.

1) He called 911 42 times...between 2004 and 2012. That is an average of 5 times per year. Excessive for someone from a rural area but not that big of a deal for someone living in an area like he lives in and a member of the Community Watch.

2)In spite of the OPs title of this thread, nearly all of his calls WERE NOT about black males. Since he was a member of the neighborhood community watch, these calls make total sense.

08/2004 - called about 2 children not in car seats
08/2004 - neighbors garage doors are open, nobody is home
10/2004 - person walking in road at 9:16 at night (after dark)
03/2005 - pothole in road (this one seems odd unless it was a major road hazard)
04/2005 - neighbors garage door left open
09/2005 - stray dog
11/2006 - vehicle driving thru complex at 2:30AM playing loud music
06/2007 - 2 hispanic and 1 white male hanging around apartment pool with a slimjim
10/2007 - something about a Dodge Durango. I didn't understand what the issue was
11/2007 - former roomate letting people into his house
01/2009 - fire alarm going off
03/2009 - I didn't quite understand this. I think he was a keyholder checking on someone's house for them and called the police to let them know in case they recieved a 911 call about him being in/at the house.
05/2009 - unfamiliar car in parking spot of a house/apartment with no lights on inside
06/2009 - fire alarm going off
06/2009 - teens jumping fence and trashing pool bathroom
08/2009 - dispute with his landlord
08/2009 - car speeding and driving with no headlights at 10:35PM
09/2009 - pothole
09/2009 - motorcycle doing wheelies, going in and out of traffic (wreckless driving)
10/2009 - aggressive pitbull
11/2009 - suspicious person
11/2009 - white Ford truck cutting off people while driving
01/2010 - male and female fighting (domestic disturbance)
01/2010 - neighbor garage door left open
02/2010 - report of suspected drug dealing from a house
04/2010 - white car is 1017 (I think 1017 means broke down or abandoned)
06/2010 - people who may not be residents in the pool area at 11:13 at night (after noise curfew?)
06/2010 - loud party (11:04 at night, after noise curfew?)
10/2010 - woman yelling at elderly passengers in a van, suspected physical abuse
11/2010 - trash and glass in roadway
11/2010 - motion sensor triggered in a vacant house
03/2011 - aggressive pitbull in his garage
04/2011 - young black boy age 7-9, walking alone/unsupervised on busy strett, Zimmerman expressed concern for his wellbeing
05/2011 - security alarm going off
08/2011 - reports seeing person matching description of break-in suspect (a black male was suspected of the break-ins so it is logical that this call was about a black male)
08/2011 - 2 black males hanging near back entrance of complex

NOTE: In 09/2011 the community watch had a meeting with the police concerning the break-ins. The police advised to report anything that was suspicious or unusual.

09/2011 - stranger near open garage door
10/2011 - empty unfamiliar vehicle near front gate, recent break-ins referenced
12/2011 - dispute with food delivery (pizza guy?)
01/2012 - kids 4-11 years old playing in street
02/2012 - black male repeatedly going to a residence know to not be his home
02/2012 - Trayvon Martin issue

So let's summarize. He called about blacks 5 times. One was over a small child he was concerned about, one was two strangers hanging near the back entrance, one was a guy who matched the description of a buglary suspect, one was a stranger near a house he didn't live in and one was Trayvon Martin.

I see nothing in those call logs that indicates he was doing anything but his job as a community watch member.

tsjct
03-29-2012, 10:25 AM
What i do not understand is The Idiot Jesse Jackson and his cronies taking the spotlight about this murder as only those racist do but yet 90% of all black men being murdered are by other black men and they never go to those type of homicides. Guess they do not care when a black man shoots another black man. Just goes to show RACE is the only thing they care about in this situation.

duane1969
03-29-2012, 10:34 AM
What i do not understand is The Idiot Jesse Jackson and his cronies taking the spotlight about this murder as only those racist do but yet 90% of all black men being murdered are by other black men and they never go to those type of homicides. Guess they do not care when a black man shoots another black man. Just goes to show RACE is the only thing they care about in this situation.

The term is race-baiter. Anytime there is a chance to stir the race pot you can bet your last dollar that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will be right there to egg it on. If you look closely you will see Louis Farrakhan circling the money pit too.

And you are correct, you will never see these guys speak out against black-on-black crimes. There is no money to be made from that.

shrewsbury
03-29-2012, 10:37 AM
the shame is, most will just read the title then pass the misinformation along as the truth, never really reading it and seeing it is far from what the title indicates.

duane1969
03-29-2012, 10:41 AM
the shame is, most will just read the title then pass the misinformation along as the truth, never really reading it and seeing it is far from what the title indicates.

Status quo for many. Most want to believe what they want to believe and will ignore facts to fulfill their own needs. For some George Zimmerman is a racist white guy that executed a little boy who was just buying candy and that is all they will ever see.

gladdyontherise
03-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Status quo for many. Most want to believe what they want to believe and will ignore facts to fulfill their own needs. For some George Zimmerman is a racist white guy that executed a little boy who was just buying candy and that is all they will ever see.

I agree with you, my question for the OP: did he read the 911 log? I didn't because it would've been a waste of time. I don't believe Zimmerman is some 'blind' racist who calls 911 anytime an african american comes around him.

Star_Cards
03-29-2012, 01:06 PM
from reading duanes list I don't honestly see a pattern of obvious racial tones. I see more of a guy who was a wannabe or a busy body. Quite a few of these are legit calls and others seem a bit too much in my opinion. I don't know the exact language of the calls where he was calling about black men, but it is possible that they were acting suspiciously and or matched a description of a suspect from recent break ins. skin color is a pretty discernible trait used when trying to describe a person. It's possible that is the only reason skin color came up. It's hard to say, but from that list I'd expect a person who made that many calls to 911 and had a problem with a certain race would have made way more calls about that race than 12% of his calls.

Wickabee
03-29-2012, 01:29 PM
This guy is calling to report potholes, people walking down the road, children playing in the street, garage doors left open...It's pretty obvious he thinks he's a cop and a very paranoid one at that.

It doesn't change the simple fact that he was told NOT to follow and ignored it.

shrewsbury
03-29-2012, 04:47 PM
It doesn't change the simple fact that he was told NOT to follow and ignored it.

where is that evidence? after dispatch told him not to, he said ok and according to the police witness martin came BACK to confront zimmerman.

just wondering how that is a fact

It's pretty obvious he thinks he's a cop and a very paranoid one at that.

this i would agree with

ensbergcollector
03-29-2012, 05:01 PM
This guy is calling to report potholes, people walking down the road, children playing in the street, garage doors left open...It's pretty obvious he thinks he's a cop and a very paranoid one at that.

i have never lived in a gated community but often times the residents of these places want every little thing reported. it is very possible he thinks he's a cop and a very paranoid one at that. There is also a chance he was doing the job he was asked to do.

tndcollectables
03-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Had friends that lived in a gated community. It is that bad, every little thing gets reported. If your garage door is opened they ring the doorbell for you to close it. Especially if they think its messy, if its clean you might be able to leave it open.

hawk2618
03-29-2012, 05:13 PM
After reading the police logs.....I would definately say I wouldn't mind living in a gated place with Zimmerman around as a watchman.At least I'd feel safe knowing someone is "ACTUALLY" doing their job!!!~~Dave C.

Wickabee
03-29-2012, 07:15 PM
I live in a gated community. People come and go constantly no problem.

I guess everyone in that community is guilty of murder.

duane1969
03-29-2012, 09:16 PM
I live in a gated community. People come and go constantly no problem.

I guess everyone in that community is guilty of murder.

No everyone isn't guilty of murder, but there had been a rash of break-ins. Perhaps if your neighbors were having their homes broken into you would see it a bit differently?

Also Zimmerman was a member of the community watch. I get the feeling that most people here don't grasp the concept. He very well may have been a cop-wannabe but the simple reality is that as part of the community watch he is to report questionable things and potential problems such as open garage doors, fire alarms going off, aggressive dogs, loud parties/fights, etc.

The goal of a community watch is to "police" the neighborhood when the police are not there. Community Watch programs are so successful because the people who live there know better than anyone who is familiar and who is a stranger.

I imagine that if a record of all 911 calls coming out of that community watch area was made public you would find that Zimmerman's 42 calls over an 8 year period is just a small fraction of the total number of 911 calls that were made.

Wickabee
03-29-2012, 09:18 PM
I know what a neighbourhood watch is, don't patronize me. <br />
I know a neighbourhood watch isn't a free ticket to abuse the 911 system. <br />
That's what he's done over the years. If I called 911 to report...

ensbergcollector
03-29-2012, 09:30 PM
dude, as a neighborhood watch guy, calling 911 on average every 2-3 months is not obsessive. <br />
<br />
not all gated communities are the same and not all neighborhood watches are the same. again, some...

duane1969
03-29-2012, 09:35 PM
I wasn't patronizing you. Several people made the cop-wannabe comment. I was unsure if everyone knew what a community watch was. Relax. <br />
<br />
There is no evidence he was paranoid. He made 42 calls over...

AUTaxMan
03-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Zimmerman is an idiot, but that history does not show that he is a racist.

Wickabee
03-29-2012, 09:39 PM
How many times did he phone to report his neighbour forgot to close the garage door? <br />
<br />
Yeah. Paranoid.

hawk2618
03-29-2012, 09:45 PM
I would love to see documents on what witnesses saw.Is there any around? I've seen the summary of timelines leading up to that particular day in question,and I did read Zimmerman ended up with a broken nose.I still stand by what i said earlier.If the 17 yr old never turns around to confront Zimmerman,He'd be alive.

AUTaxMan
03-29-2012, 10:06 PM
The police report is out there. I linked it in the other thread if you want to look for it.

BGT Masters
03-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Bingo, someone that gets it. :cheer2:

Wickabee
03-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Bingo, someone that gets it. :cheer2:

How many times did he phone to report his neighbour forgot to close the garage door?
Anyone?

mikesilvia
03-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Ok, two things. First this:

Just last month, before Zimmerman's murder of the unarmed, 17-year-old teenager Trayvon Martin

Not biased, huh? He's already convicted according to that site!

Second, doesn't him calling so much and NOT shooting anyone actually help his case? I mean he was night watching for so many years and called 9-11 so many times without incident. Then Martin comes along, the evidence suggest he was beating Zimmerman for 60 seconds and is killed.

So, no violence with Zimmerman for so many years and so many calls until that night. I think that actually supports Zimmerman's case.

duane1969
03-30-2012, 10:49 AM
How many times did he phone to report his neighbour forgot to close the garage door?

Yeah. Paranoid.

I repeat. Part of Community Watch duties. That is called watching out for your neighbors.

We don't even have a community watch where I live and my neighbors have informed me when they saw an unfamiliar vehicle in my driveway while I wasn't home. It isn't paranoid, it is being a good neighbor.

shrewsbury
03-30-2012, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE]It isn't paranoid, it is being a good neighbor[QUOTE]

which there are less and less of these days

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 12:10 PM
I repeat. Part of Community Watch duties. That is called watching out for your neighbors.

We don't even have a community watch where I live and my neighbors have informed me when they saw an unfamiliar vehicle in my driveway while I wasn't home. It isn't paranoid, it is being a good neighbor.
A community watch's job is NOT to harass the police about your neighbour's garage door.
I don't know why you don't understand this.
(The really funny part is you're trying to teach me about gate communities and "Community Watch" when you don't live in a gated community or have a community watch when I do live in a community and know the Community Watch quite well.)

A community watch's job is to watch the community and report stuff to the police, yes. But "My neighbour left his garage door open" is about as relevant to the police as, say, "there's a large pothole in the stree...oh wait.

shrewsbury
03-30-2012, 12:15 PM
so your out of town neighbor garage is now open and they are not home, nothing looks wrong to you?

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 12:19 PM
so your out of town neighbor garage is now open and they are not home, nothing looks wrong to you?
Hmm, says "not home" not "out of town"...

And that still doesn't saything about calling the police about a pothole

shrewsbury
03-30-2012, 12:19 PM
so when you are not at home, you can't be out of town?

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
so when you are not at home, you can't be out of town?
So when you're not at home you're automaticall out of town?

BGT Masters
03-30-2012, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE]It isn't paranoid, it is being a good neighbor[QUOTE]

which there are less and less of these days

Unfortunately if some of Zimmerman's neighbors were more like him they would have come out and helped when he was screaming for help and none of this would have ever happened. Instead they hid in their homes. Shame on them.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 12:55 PM
[quote=shrewsbury;11305456][quote]It isn't paranoid, it is being a good neighbor

Unfortunately if some of Zimmerman's neighbors were more like him they would have come out and helped when he was screaming for help and none of this would have ever happened. Instead they hid in their homes. Shame on them.
Given how often he phoned the police unnecessarily, maybe he's known for "crying wolf" and everyone figured it was just George being George.

Who knows?

BGT Masters
03-30-2012, 01:01 PM
[quote=BGT Masters;11305637][quote=shrewsbury;11305456]
Given how often he phoned the police unnecessarily, maybe he's known for "crying wolf" and everyone figured it was just George being George.

Who knows?

He called once every what 3 months or so over 8 years. I can';t wait for all the information to come out. What stinks though is it still won't shut some people up because some people feed off of and financially benefit from racism.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
[quote=Wickabee;11305644][quote=BGT Masters;11305637]

He called once every what 3 months or so over 8 years. I can';t wait for all the information to come out. What stinks though is it still won't shut some people up because some people feed off of and financially benefit from racism.
If the guy is calling THE POLICE about ROADWORK is it so hard to believe that he cried wolf elsewhere too?

tndcollectables
03-30-2012, 01:09 PM
A community watch's job is NOT to harass the police about your neighbour's garage door.
(The really funny part is you're trying to teach me about gate communities and "Community Watch" when you don't live in a gated community or have a community watch when I do live in a community and know the Community Watch quite well.)

A community watch's job is to watch the community and report stuff to the police, yes. But "My neighbour left his garage door open" is about as relevant to the police as, say, "there's a large pothole in the stree...oh wait.

The gated community my friends lived in, they would get reported for leaving their garbage can out front. Or if they had oilstains in their driveway. Each gated community seems to be different.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 01:18 PM
The gated community my friends lived in, they would get reported for leaving their garbage can out front. Or if they had oilstains in their driveway. Each gated community seems to be different.
I would be reported too. No argument there.
I would NOT, however, be reported to THE POLICE. It's a matter for my strata council, not a 911 emergency.

What is so flipping hard to understand about this?

tndcollectables
03-30-2012, 02:42 PM
I would NOT, however, be reported to THE POLICE. It's a matter for my strata council, not a 911 emergency.

Why is it hard for you to understand that every area is different? Some places believe that there needs to be a paper trail for everything. That everything that is out of place has to be called in. Its a arrangement that is done up between the communities and the forces.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Why is it hard for you to understand that every area is different? Some places believe that there needs to be a paper trail for everything. That everything that is out of place has to be called in. Its a arrangement that is done up between the communities and the forces.
What are the police going to do about a pothole? Papertrail or not, that's barking up the wrong tree.

shrewsbury
03-30-2012, 04:36 PM
What are the police going to do about a pothole?

whatever they might do, such as contact the street department, would just be part of a cover up, so why does it matter?

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 04:59 PM
whatever they might do, such as contact the street department, would just be part of a cover up, so why does it matter?
What on earth are you talking about?

shrewsbury
03-30-2012, 05:52 PM
just me blabbering

it seems like this case is impossible to talk about, because no matter what actual evidence exists, some people (not directing this at you) will use the whole conspiracy theory debate, and once you pull that card, there is no way to argue, because you can keep saying everyone is involved right on down the line.

the only real evidence is the police reports (unless we go the CT route) and police records and school records.

zimmerman had a few things on his record that some might be bale to explain away, and martin had a few things on his record that some may be able to explain away.

we have a few witness', that people can say are false witness'
we have a few 911 calls
a cell phone call that has not been released (this may be a big thing)
a ME report yet to be released
a few police reports that don't mount to much can can be explained to benefit either side

911 call that a forensic specialist examined and deemed the racial slur that was inaudible, was actually the word "punks"

no forensics on the 911 yelling yet, nor has the other call, trayvon was on, been released

but it seems even if zimmerman, did not chase, was not racist, was attacked and beaten, feared for his life, begged for help that never came, and even called the police for it all unfolded, some or most will still act liked he killed a black teenager for no good reason. and noticed i added in black, because that seems to be a huge part of it, not that maybe an innocent teenager was killed, but one of a particular race. is it not tragic that any teenager died?

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 06:05 PM
just me blabbering

it seems like this case is impossible to talk about, because no matter what actual evidence exists, some people (not directing this at you) will use the whole conspiracy theory debate, and once you pull that card, there is no way to argue, because you can keep saying everyone is involved right on down the line.

the only real evidence is the police reports (unless we go the CT route) and police records and school records.

zimmerman had a few things on his record that some might be bale to explain away, and martin had a few things on his record that some may be able to explain away.

we have a few witness', that people can say are false witness'
we have a few 911 calls
a cell phone call that has not been released (this may be a big thing)
a ME report yet to be released
a few police reports that don't mount to much can can be explained to benefit either side

911 call that a forensic specialist examined and deemed the racial slur that was inaudible, was actually the word "punks"

no forensics on the 911 yelling yet, nor has the other call, trayvon was on, been released

but it seems even if zimmerman, did not chase, was not racist, was attacked and beaten, feared for his life, begged for help that never came, and even called the police for it all unfolded, some or most will still act liked he killed a black teenager for no good reason. and noticed i added in black, because that seems to be a huge part of it, not that maybe an innocent teenager was killed, but one of a particular race. is it not tragic that any teenager died?
Fair enough, and for the record I don't see the killing as racial in any way, it probably had more to do with age than anything. Not that I think that's any better (or worse) it is what it is and what happened happened and nothing can change that.

I think at this point the case is so tainted with public opinion that there is absolutely no way to determine exactly what happened at all, and whatever the outcome the majority of people will be upset over it. When I think about it, it's ridiculous. I first heard about report about something about some kid named Trayvon in passing, but had no idea what happened, or even that he was killed.
The first real info I got on this case, personally, was on TSN when they showed the Miami Heat pictured in their hoodies. It was then that I figured I should probably look into it (to keep informed, of course).
At the end of the day my opinion doesn't matter, nor does the fact I have an opinion. Do I think Zimmerman is racist? I have no idea, but I don't think this killing was racially motivated. Do I think he feared for his life? Yeah I believe he believed his life was in danger, but I also believe he spent a lot of his time thinking his life was in danger (I say "was" because his life kind of is in danger now).
I don't care if Zimmerman goes down, I don't care if he goes away for life. I don't know him, didn't know Trayvon and am Canadian, so the whole US racism thing doesn't apply to me (we have our own, quieter version in Canada).I have my own idea of what happened, but it's neither here nor there and holds no bearing on anything.

What I do have an opinion on that I do think matters to some degree is that:
A - It's sad that this boy's death has resulted in what it has, causing everyone to lose sight of the fact that this wasn't a martyr, this was just a kid, right or wrong.
B - It's even sadder how people will take anything (and I mean anything) to discredit both sides. Trayvon's age coming into account as if it's evidence of something, the tattoo, even me talking about Zimmerman's past 911 calls, though I do believe that points to paranoia or, at the very least, crying wolf.

In the end none of us is innocent of any of this. Read this thread and the others on the issue. We're all just as bad as the media. Well, except Geraldo. No one here has chosen to place the blame on an inanimate object.

duane1969
03-30-2012, 06:17 PM

Let's not argue semantics. You live in a cozy little suburb of a suburb in Canada. Your version of a gated community and community watch and the Sanford version of a gated community and community watch are VASTLY different. There are 36 murders a year in Sanford. That is one every 10 days. Can you even remember the last time there was a murder in your little area?

Don't presume that because you live in a gated community that you know all about it. You clearly do not.

Hmm, says "not home" not "out of town"...

And that still doesn't saything about calling the police about a pothole

And calling the police about a pothole or an open garage does not constitute crazy murdering racist.

Who knows?

The neighbors all say that George is a great guy, is a mentor to numerous youths in the area and is often the first to offer to help out. One lady said that when she moved into the area he was the only person that showed up to welcome her.

Doesn't sound to me like a guy the neighbors would try and avoid.

Leaving a garage door open in your area probably results in nothing. In Sanford they have an average of nearly 10 burglaries or thefts per day. So an opened garage door is an invitation to would-be theives. Why is that concept so hard to grasp? Just because it isn't that way in BC doesn't mean that it is that way in Orlando.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Let's not argue semantics. You live in a cozy little suburb of a suburb in Canada. Your version of a gated community and community watch and the Sanford version of a gated community and community watch are VASTLY different. There are 36 murders a year in Sanford. That is one every 10 days. Can you even remember the last time there was a murder in your little area?
I actually live on a Native Reserve. I don't know when the most recent murder was because the most recent body has yet to have a cause of death determined.

Don't presume that because you live in a gated community that you know all about it. You clearly do not.
I know enough to not phone the police about roadwork.

And calling the police about a pothole or an open garage does not constitute crazy murdering racist.
I've stated time and time again that I don't believe the killing to be racially motivated. Either read my posts properly or stop putting words in my mouth, your choice.

The neighbors all say that George is a great guy, is a mentor to numerous youths in the area and is often the first to offer to help out. One lady said that when she moved into the area he was the only person that showed up to welcome her.

Doesn't sound to me like a guy the neighbors would try and avoid.
Great! That proves what, exactly?

Leaving a garage door open in your area probably results in nothing. In Sanford they have an average of nearly 10 burglaries or thefts per day. So an opened garage door is an invitation to would-be theives. Why is that concept so hard to grasp? Just because it isn't that way in BC doesn't mean that it is that way in Orlando.
Yes BC is all lollipops and gumdrops. No crime whatsoever. I've never been been robbed, I've never been held at knifepoint until I handed over my wallet. Nope, not once...

Don't presume to know me. You don't.

duane1969
03-30-2012, 06:33 PM
B - It's even sadder how people will take anything (and I mean anything) to discredit both sides. Trayvon's age coming into account as if it's evidence of something, the tattoo, even me talking about Zimmerman's past 911 calls, though I do believe that points to paranoia or, at the very least, crying wolf.

His age is what was being misconstrued. We all knew he was 16 but is that the image that they put out there with this picture?

http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files//2012/03/trayvon-martin-facebook-300x281.png

The issue I take with the tattoos and similar aspects are simple. The media and his family have put out photos that were several years old that portray him as this small little boy. The goal is to paint him as an innocent child and Zimmerman as some predator that murder a small child just going to buy some candy.

If this is the real Trayvon Martin and it is no big deal, then why try to hide it?

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o628/trayvonslimmmartin/trayvonrecent.jpg

Similarly, why does the media use the picture on the left for Zimmerman and not the one on the right?

http://www.myfabulousstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/george-zimmerman.jpg https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-psPGhaeYEbE/T3LLqGqFoKI/AAAAAAAACTI/QZ7PxBYJNP8/s288/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin.jpg

The attempt to convict Zimmerman in the media is blatant.

duane1969
03-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Don't presume to know me. You don't.

I don't need to know you. I know BC. You are more likely to be run over by a moose than have your house burglarized.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 06:42 PM
His age is what was being misconstrued. We all knew he was 16 but is that the image that they put out there with this picture?

http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files//2012/03/trayvon-martin-facebook-300x281.png

The issue I take with the tattoos and similar aspects are simple. The media and his family have put out photos that were several years old that portray him as this small little boy. The goal is to paint him as an innocent child and Zimmerman as some predator that murder a small child just going to buy some candy.

If this is the real Trayvon Martin and it is no big deal, then why try to hide it?

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o628/trayvonslimmmartin/trayvonrecent.jpg

Similarly, why does the media use the picture on the left for Zimmerman and not the one on the right?

http://www.myfabulousstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/george-zimmerman.jpg https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-psPGhaeYEbE/T3LLqGqFoKI/AAAAAAAACTI/QZ7PxBYJNP8/s288/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin.jpg

The attempt to convict Zimmerman in the media is blatant.
That's absolutely fair and I agree. However, that's not the aspect I take issue with. What I don't like is those who try to use his age, 17, as some sort of proof that he must have been acting irrationally. I'd call it stupid logic, but that would still qualify it as logic, which it isn't.

I don't need to know you. I know BC. You are more likely to be run over by a moose than have your house burglarized.
I've seen 1 moose in my lifetime. I've been robbed multiple times. I'd say you don't know BC either.

duane1969
03-30-2012, 06:57 PM
That's absolutely fair and I agree. However, that's not the aspect I take issue with. What I don't like is those who try to use his age, 17, as some sort of proof that he must have been acting irrationally. I'd call it stupid logic, but that would still qualify it as logic, which it isn't.

I agree. His age is not proof that he was doing something wrong. However, his age and size do counter the argument that he was helpless versus Zimmerman.

Through the pictures Martin has been portrayed as a small boy that looks like he might have been 4.5' tall and weighed 75 pounds. In fact he was more along the lines of 6'2" and around 150#. Compared to Zimmermans reported 5'9", 200# stature he seems a little less helpless than we were led to believe.

I've seen 1 moose in my lifetime. I've been robbed multiple times. I'd say you don't know BC either.

Robbed in your town or elsewhere? If you were in Prince George or Vancouver then I can believe that.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Mostly Kelowna.

Also, I find it hard to believe that Zimmerman was completely defenseless as some would like to believe. He's not exactly tiny himself.

jlzinck
03-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Wonder if this will drag out well into the election season like the Duke case....remember...they were all racist rapists....except they weren't.

Bottom line is the kid should not have died that night but is seems as if Zimmerman tried to keep his area safe.

duane1969
03-31-2012, 11:06 AM
Mostly Kelowna.

Also, I find it hard to believe that Zimmerman was completely defenseless as some would like to believe. He's not exactly tiny himself.

I don't think that Zimmerman was helpless, but the portrayal in the media has been that Zimmerman was this big guy picking on this small child. That simply isn't the case.

Wickabee
03-31-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't think that Zimmerman was helpless, but the portrayal in the media has been that Zimmerman was this big guy picking on this small child. That simply isn't the case.
I absolutely agree. But to listen to some here he was completely helpless without his gun.

That just can't be true.

steelers#1fan
03-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Don't mean to branch out from the topic, but this brings up another racist attack/murder that wasn't covered by the media, the same time the Duke University case was being plastered all over the news for weeks.
http://youtu.be/4htIDMuIT9k

Wonder if this will drag out well into the election season like the Duke case....remember...they were all racist rapists....except they weren't.

Bottom line is the kid should not have died that night but is seems as if Zimmerman tried to keep his area safe.

duane1969
03-31-2012, 03:13 PM
I absolutely agree. But to listen to some here he was completely helpless without his gun.

That just can't be true.

Clearly he wasn't. And unless he truely believed his life was in jeaopardy then shooting Martin was uncalled for.

The key aspect is the "stand your ground" law in Florida. If Martin was the agressor, even if Zimmerman was following Martin, Zimmerman can claim that he had the right to use deadly force if he felt that he was in life threatening danger.

Wickabee
03-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Clearly he wasn't. And unless he truely believed his life was in jeaopardy then shooting Martin was uncalled for.

The key aspect is the "stand your ground" law in Florida. If Martin was the agressor, even if Zimmerman was following Martin, Zimmerman can claim that he had the right to use deadly force if he felt that he was in life threatening danger.
Of course, and legally he would be absolved.
I have to think, though, that this guy probably spent a lot of his time thinking his life was in danger when it wasn't. I don't doubt for a second that he believed it, but that doesn't mean it was.

I also find it hard to believe that Zimmerman would allow Martin to walk right up to him and attack him without fighting back minus the gun at first. Not impossible, but not really plausible either. Why would he watch Martin walk up to him, menacingly, and start hitting/beating him without at least taking a swing? It seems to me that would be the first step of standing one's ground.

duane1969
03-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Of course, and legally he would be absolved.
I have to think, though, that this guy probably spent a lot of his time thinking his life was in danger when it wasn't. I don't doubt for a second that he believed it, but that doesn't mean it was.

I also find it hard to believe that Zimmerman would allow Martin to walk right up to him and attack him without fighting back minus the gun at first. Not impossible, but not really plausible either. Why would he watch Martin walk up to him, menacingly, and start hitting/beating him without at least taking a swing? It seems to me that would be the first step of standing one's ground.

If I lived there I would fear for my life. They have a murder like every 3 weeks.

According to the report Martin ran away. I obviously don't know the facts, but I think it is plausible that Zimmerman may have walked up on Martin in some hiding place. You also have to remember that it was dark so Zimmerman could have easily not seen Martin until they were too close for him to avoid a confrontation. I don't think Zimmerman would have just stood and watched Martin approach him.

Wickabee
03-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Oh I'm not saying he should ave avoided it. The stand your ground law states he doesn't have to. What I'm wondering is why would Zimmerman, a fairly sizable man, not defend himself at all before taking the gun out and shooting Martin? It doesn't make sense to me. I think anyone else in his position would at least take a swing or kick or something if he truly believed his life was in danger. That's where it doesn't quite add up to me.

mikesilvia
03-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Don't mean to branch out from the topic, but this brings up another racist attack/murder that wasn't covered by the media, the same time the Duke University case was being plastered all over the news for weeks.
http://youtu.be/4htIDMuIT9k

Thanks for the link! I didn't even hear about that case.

BGT Masters
04-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Oh I'm not saying he should ave avoided it. The stand your ground law states he doesn't have to. What I'm wondering is why would Zimmerman, a fairly sizable man, not defend himself at all before taking the gun out and shooting Martin? It doesn't make sense to me. I think anyone else in his position would at least take a swing or kick or something if he truly believed his life was in danger. That's where it doesn't quite add up to me.

Again, if someone comes up and gets a cheap shot on you and you drop and his the concrete not expecting it. Its not hard to imagine someone than taking full advantage and pummeling you. You ever watched MMA fighting where one good punch to the head drops someone. It goes the same way for normal non trained fighters.

Let me come and get one good shot at your face without you expecting it and see how well you defend yourself when you're not ready as you're getting your head slammed into concrete. Maybe Trayvon is more familiar with fighting than George. Who knows. I highly doubt George just wanted to let him beat the snot out of him.

BGT Masters
04-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the link! I didn't even hear about that case.

I only recently saw that article going around. It was really disturbing and I never heard anything about it. It was actually sickening to think people do that to other people.

Wickabee
04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Again, if someone comes up and gets a cheap shot on you and you drop and his the concrete not expecting it. Its not hard to imagine someone than taking full advantage and pummeling you. You ever watched MMA fighting where one good punch to the head drops someone. It goes the same way for normal non trained fighters.

Let me come and get one good shot at your face without you expecting it and see how well you defend yourself when you're not ready as you're getting your head slammed into concrete. Maybe Trayvon is more familiar with fighting than George. Who knows. I highly doubt George just wanted to let him beat the snot out of him.
If I've been following you, even if I stop, I still make sure to know where you are.

I guess Zimmerman stopped following and then turned his back and closed his eyes then...

BGT Masters
04-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I could be standing right in front of you and if you don't expect me to deck you in the face and you're not ready for it you're going to drop. Even if you are ready for it it might not matter., Again trained fighters looking face to face get knocked silly with one punch. Its the same for normal people. How can you say Trayvon didn't get in one lucky shot and drop him. For all you know they could have argued, George could have turned to get back into his car and he could have caught him then.

Wickabee
04-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I could be standing right in front of you and if you don't expect me to deck you in the face and you're not ready for it you're going to drop. Even if you are ready for it it might not matter., Again trained fighters looking face to face get knocked silly with one punch. Its the same for normal people. How can you say Trayvon didn't get in one lucky shot and drop him. For all you know they could have argued, George could have turned to get back into his car and he could have caught him then.
So what you're saying is he was in good enough shape to grab for his gun but nothing else? He stood "at ease" while Martin walked up to him? Thought it was going to be a nice conversation? I don't think so.
He was obviously worried about it, which would indicate he's on alert. All I'm saying is it doesn't quite add up. None of it is proof, but I don't believe that is the whole story for a second.

AUTaxMan
04-01-2012, 03:12 PM
If I've been following you, even if I stop, I still make sure to know where you are.

I guess Zimmerman stopped following and then turned his back and closed his eyes then...

For the record, Zimmerman said in his 911 call that he had lost sight of Martin before he hung up. Not necessarily true, but did sound like a present sense impression instead of a lie.

mikesilvia
04-01-2012, 03:31 PM
WOW!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/nbc-to-do-internal-investigation-on-zimmerman-segment/2012/03/31/gIQAc4HhnS_blog.html?hpid=z6

Great news right there. As exposed by Fox News and media watchdog site NewsBusters, the “Today” segment took this approach to a key part of the dispatcher call:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

Here’s how the actual conversation went down:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

The difference between what “Today” put on its air and the actual tape? Complete: In the “Today” version, Zimmerman volunteered that this person “looks black,” a sequence of events that would more readily paint Zimmerman as a racial profiler. In reality’s version, Zimmerman simply answered a question about the race of the person whom he was reporting to the police. Nothing prejudicial at all in responding to such an inquiry.

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 04:50 PM
In my Opinion Mike from that piece ....the 911 Dispatcher and Zimmerman are facial Profiling....why would it matter his color?

BGT Masters
04-01-2012, 05:02 PM
In my Opinion Mike from that piece ....the 911 Dispatcher and Zimmerman are facial Profiling....why would it matter his color?

I hope you are not serious. Whats next we can't ask if someone is tall or short, a female or male, what color hair someone had. If you're looking to describe someone leaving out skin color is pretty stupid. If I am describing my cats to someone and I say the black one or yellow one, is it wrong? Or my dogs and I say the black and white one? Its the easiest way to quickly describe something to someone. The police want to know who they are looking for, if you have trouble grasping that you have issues.

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:06 PM
asking those are not Racial Profiling...and why is leaving out color stupid?

So why say or ask is he black? they dont know the PC term?

and we are not talking dogs we are talking people...

mikesilvia
04-01-2012, 05:08 PM
why would it matter his color?

So, when the police come to the area, who are they suppose to look for?

It would be racists if the dispatcher sad, "I bet it's a black mail, huh?"

Sorry, but people pull the race card on too many things that are not racial.

mikesilvia
04-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I bet when the police filled out a police report they put in Zimmerman's race. Is that racists?

BGT Masters
04-01-2012, 05:15 PM
If you really get offended someone calls a white person white or a black person black you're a big baby and need to grow thicker skin. What if the kid wasn't African American?

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
What I am offend by is the attitude

Least we forget in the end a young man is dead no matter the color no matter the truth, which has yet to full come out.

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I bet when the police filled out a police report they put in Zimmerman's race. Is that racists?
Do As I used to do

they them Unknown
that will mess with them....

hawk2618
04-01-2012, 05:44 PM
asking those are not Racial Profiling...and why is leaving out color stupid?

So why say or ask is he black? they dont know the PC term?

and we are not talking dogs we are talking people...

If there was a robbery in your neighborhood and you witnessed them leaving the house or bank,whichever they robbed, and the police arrived at your door to ask questions and 1 of the questions was "Was the man or men black or white?" Would you respond "I don't know" or would you answer it like 99% would? I'm just curious how you would get out of answering that question if you plainly saw the crime.~~Dave C.

hawk2618
04-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Do As I used to do

they them Unknown
that will mess with them..

After that comment,I'm done...........now i know you're just looking to argue with someone,peace

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
If there was a robbery in your neighborhood and you witnessed them leaving the house or bank,whichever they robbed, and the police arrived at your door to ask questions and 1 of the questions was "Was the man or men black or white?" Would you respond "I don't know" or would you answer it like 99% would? I'm just curious how you would get out of answering that question if you plainly saw the crime.~~Dave C.
I would answer dont know dont care....
really it doesnt matter...

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Do As I used to do

they them Unknown
that will mess with them..

After that comment,I'm done...........now i know you're just looking to argue with someone,peace

actually That is the comic part of the thread...
If you really know me you would understand that comment...

BGT Masters
04-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Do As I used to do

they them Unknown
that will mess with them....

:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:: smash::smash::smash::smash:

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Lol

pspstatus
04-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Has anyone listened to the original 911 call made by Zimmerman? What are the thoughts on that?

AUTaxMan
04-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Has anyone listened to the original 911 call made by Zimmerman? What are the thoughts on that?

It's call #1 here:

http://sanfordfl.gov/investigation/trayvon_martin.html

pspstatus
04-01-2012, 09:35 PM
It's call #1 here:

http://sanfordfl.gov/investigation/trayvon_martin.html

Thanks I had heard it before. I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard it and what their thoughts were on it. Here's also a written transcript.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

AUTaxMan
04-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Thanks I had heard it before. I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard it and what their thoughts were on it. Here's also a written transcript.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

I think he sounds like he is trying to do his job as neighborhood watchman, that he is taking it too seriously, that he is nervous, and that he is suspicious. It sounds to me like he lost sight of Martin and that he was going to head to his truck to meet the cops. He seems a little out of sorts that he lost sight of Martin and a bit fearful. No way I gather from that call that he has any malicious intent or that his actions are motivated by race. Just my opinion though.

pspstatus
04-02-2012, 12:44 PM
I think he sounds like he is trying to do his job as neighborhood watchman, that he is taking it too seriously, that he is nervous, and that he is suspicious. It sounds to me like he lost sight of Martin and that he was going to head to his truck to meet the cops. He seems a little out of sorts that he lost sight of Martin and a bit fearful. No way I gather from that call that he has any malicious intent or that his actions are motivated by race. Just my opinion though.

I disagree that he was nervous or fearful but that's just my opinion. I don't think the shooting was racially motivated but I think the kids look was what made Zimmerman suspicious. Also after he uses the F word I'm not 100% sure but it sounds like he may have said something derogatory.

shrewsbury
04-02-2012, 04:47 PM
You cannot find a teen in a gated community, wearing a hoodie, carrying a bag of skilltles?

yes, he said the word "punks"

i agree with autaxman

steelers#1fan
04-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Should be what are our thoughts on the NBC version. Our media wants nothing more than to provoke a race war!

pspstatus
04-02-2012, 06:24 PM
yes, he said the word "punks"

i agree with autaxman

Are you 100% sure he said punks?

pspstatus
04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Should be what are our thoughts on the NBC version. Our media wants nothing more than to provoke a race war!

I didn't ask about that because I just assumed that everyone feels like I do, that it was rediculous for them to do what they did.

Wickabee
04-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Are you 100% sure he said punks?
I just listened to it twice and I would bet large sums of money that he says "punks"

duane1969
04-02-2012, 08:23 PM
I just listened to it twice and I would bet large sums of money that he says "punks"

An indepednent voice analyst was called in to go over the tape and said that the word in question was "punks". So you would win that bet :)

pspstatus
04-02-2012, 11:37 PM

No doubt, I just wasn't sure if I was hearing punks or coons or something else. I'm a little embarrassed but I must have listened to it 25 times and still wasn't sure either way.

BGT Masters
04-02-2012, 11:48 PM
It took me two times to listen to it to be sure he said punks as well. To try and distort the tape so it sounds like something its not is just ridiculous. I wonder how long it takes for the media to...

shrewsbury
04-03-2012, 12:00 AM
the media will some how always get away with it, talk about a conspiracy theory!