PDA

View Full Version : Abortion clinic landlord turns the table on protestors

mrveggieman
03-29-2012, 02:36 PM
FYI I am against abortion but I like how he turned the tables on these nuts. Being against abortion is fine but dragging innocent kids into is just plain wrong.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-clinics-landlord-turns-the-tables-on-anti-abortion-protesters/2012/03/29/gIQAThgwiS_story.html?sub=AR

Wickabee
03-29-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm anti-abortion but pro-choice. In other words, I don't agree with abortion, but at the same time I am not about to even think of judging anyone for it.

With that said, there's a number of protestors outside the hospital here every day. I kind of want to make up a sign with a picture of a blown-up abortion clinic and the words "PRO-LIFE?" underneath.

They have every right to protest, but when they start targeting, injuring and killing people that doesn't make much sense. Of course most protestors will say, "Oh I don't approve of that," but I think we all know where the majority stands.

ensbergcollector
03-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm anti-abortion but pro-choice. In other words, I don't agree with abortion, but at the same time I am not about to even think of judging anyone for it.

With that said, there's a number of protestors outside the hospital here every day. I kind of want to make up a sign with a picture of a blown-up abortion clinic and the words "PRO-LIFE?" underneath.

They have every right to protest, but when they start targeting, injuring and killing people that doesn't make much sense. Of course most protestors will say, "Oh I don't approve of that," but I think we all know where the majority stands.

wait, do you really think the majority of people opposed to abortion are pro-bombing? really?

mrveggieman
03-29-2012, 03:37 PM
wait, do you really think the majority of people opposed to abortion are pro-bombing? really?

I can't say so for a fact but I do know that a lot of anti abortion people happen to be republican and a lot of republicans are pro bombing people in the middle east so it might not be such a stretch.....

Wickabee
03-29-2012, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't say "pro-bombing"

But I would bet that the majority of protestors smile a little when it happens.

And please keep in mind I'm speaking the ones who PROTEST not all anti-abortionists, so please don't twist my words.

ensbergcollector
03-29-2012, 04:11 PM
I can't say so for a fact but I do know that a lot of anti abortion people happen to be republican and a lot of republicans are pro bombing people in the middle east so it might not be such a stretch.....

give me a break man

mrveggieman
03-29-2012, 04:22 PM
give me a break man

I'm just responding to your question. You bought up an interesting point.

boba
03-29-2012, 04:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI

mikesilvia
03-29-2012, 11:51 PM
one of the few doctors in the nation who acknowledges performing late-term abortions.

I have no compassion for anyone that does late-term abortions. Pulling a living baby 90% out, sticking a suction needle into the back of the head and sucking it's brains out should be shown to every American young and old until people realize it is murder and stop doing them.

The guy who invented partial birth abortion stated that there was never a case where the abortion was conducted due to the health of the mom. The vast majority conducted are based on the mom simply changing her mind. We were against these kinds of murders when Hitler did it to Jews, yet we legally sanction late-term abortion.

Just so you know I'm an atheist and for abortion, just not late-term abortions.

http://www.lifeissues.org/images/PBA.jpg

BGT Masters
03-30-2012, 12:29 AM
I don't agree with abortion under most circumstances however late term abortion is just disgusting. I read the article and it was clever to dish back what people were doing to him and his family. Who stalks a someone's 11 year old at school and does that nonsense? I'd also say I AM NOT for the bombing of any of the facilities.

dmj19842002
03-30-2012, 12:50 AM
i say good for the guy to stand up for himself and his rights i dont believe in abortions specially late term ones but i also feel that its a personal choice and what i feel is right for me may not be right for the next person. but i also feel that its not right to harass these clinic and the people who run and use them and even worse to take it to the next level and commit acts of violence like fire/bombing and killing let alone in the name of pro life.

boba
03-30-2012, 01:10 AM
i say good for the guy to stand up for himself and his rights i dont believe in abortions specially late term ones but i also feel that its a personal choice and what i feel is right for me may not be right for the next person. but i also feel that its not right to harass these clinic and the people who run and use them and even worse to take it to the next level and commit acts of violence like fire/bombing and killing let alone in the name of pro life.

If late term abortions are murder then why should it be a personal choice? When is killing anyone considered a personal choice?

mrveggieman
03-30-2012, 08:33 AM
If late term abortions are murder then why should it be a personal choice? When is killing anyone considered a personal choice?

CHURCH!! :love0030:

duane1969
03-30-2012, 11:05 AM

I can't say so for a fact but I do know that a lot of pro abortion people happen to be Democrats and a lot of Democrats are pro marijuana so it might not be such a stretch to assume that Democrats want babies to smoke marijuana...

mrveggieman
03-30-2012, 11:06 AM
I can't say so for a fact but I do know that a lot of pro abortion people happen to be Democrats and a lot of Democrats are pro marijuana so it might not be such a stretch to assume that Democrats want babies to smoke marijuana...

I'm not pro abortion so I can't speak of what a pro abortion person is thinking. You may want to ask one of them.

duane1969
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm not pro abortion so I can't speak of what a pro abortion person is thinking. You may want to ask one of them.

My point was that generalizing and tying it all together with thread is pretty weak. I think you got that.

duane1969
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM

What is wrong with harrassing them? Liberals do not hesitate to harrass others when they disagree with something. PETA throws paint on people wearing fur and pickets businesses who sell fur. Tree-huggers chain themselves to trees and destroy logging equipment because they oppose logging. The Occupy Wallstreet people didn't hesitate to block the dockyards to try and disrupt the economy. Why do abortion doctors and those who want abortions deserve a protective barrier that nobody else deserves?

boba
03-30-2012, 11:32 AM
What is wrong with harrassing them? Liberals do not hesitate to harrass others when they disagree with something. PETA throws paint on people wearing fur and pickets businesses who sell fur. Tree-huggers chain themselves to trees and destroy logging equipment because they oppose logging. The Occupy Wallstreet people didn't hesitate to block the dockyards to try and disrupt the economy. Why do abortion doctors and those who want abortions deserve a protective barrier that nobody else deserves?

Because abortionists are for womens rights. ; )

mrveggieman
03-30-2012, 11:32 AM

Because none of the so called liberals are out mudering people like the nuts who blow up abortion clinics are. Again I am 100% against abortion but tell me again how are the abortion bombers any different from the taliban?

boba
03-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Because none of the so called liberals are out mudering people like the nuts who blow up abortion clinics are. Again I am 100% against abortion but tell me again how are the abortion bombers any different from the taliban?

No one blew up anything in this story :thumb:

mrveggieman
03-30-2012, 11:37 AM
No one blew up anything in this story :thumb:

You are correct. I was referring to those nuts who do blow up clinics and murder abortion doctors. :winking0071:

duane1969
03-30-2012, 11:38 AM

Where did I say anything about it being OK to blow up abortion clinics?

dmj19842002 said

but i also feel that its not right to harass these clinic and the people who run and use them

I said "Why not?" No mention of supporting bombing.

mrveggieman
03-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Where did I say anything about it being OK to blow up abortion clinics?

dmj19842002 said

I said "Why not?" No mention of supporting bombing.

Getting under someone's skin is one thing. Bringing someone's child into into it is just plain wrong.

duane1969
03-30-2012, 11:40 AM
You are correct. I was referring to those nuts who do blow up clinics and murder abortion doctors. :winking0071:

So you were making a point about something not relevant to the subject of discussion? Why do you do that? Why is every discussion sidetracked by you having to turn it into a discussion about something else?

This started as a discussion about a landlord turning the tables on anti-abortion people. You have redirected it into a discussion about whther or not it is OK to bomb abortion clinics and tried to paint all anti-abortion people as comparable to the Taliban. Totally OT.

mrveggieman
03-30-2012, 11:53 AM
So you were making a point about something not relevant to the subject of discussion? Why do you do that? Why is every discussion sidetracked by you having to turn it into a discussion about something else?

This started as a discussion about a landlord turning the tables on anti-abortion people. You have redirected it into a discussion about whther or not it is OK to bomb abortion clinics and tried to paint all anti-abortion people as comparable to the Taliban. Totally OT.

I do not think that all anti abortion people are bad. If I did then I would think of myself as a bad person. However I do question the hyprocracy of a lot of the so called pro life people. They are quick to say abortion is wrong however they refuse to do anything to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place, then once the child is born the refuse to provide and social services to help the child, finally a lot of anti abortion pro life people have no problem being pro war and sending someone elses child to go and kill another child or even worse to die overseas in a meaningless war.

shrewsbury
03-30-2012, 12:01 PM
abortion should be a moral issue, not a legal one

boba
03-30-2012, 12:05 PM
abortion should be a moral issue, not a legal one

At what point should it become a legal issue?

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Okay guys, before we go any further, let's get a few terms straight:

Anti-Abortion/Pro-Life = Against abortion
Pro-Choice = Believes in a person's right to choose
Pro-Abortion = Believe everyone should get an abortion for reasons such as overpopulation

I would venture to guess most of the people here who are labelled "Pro-Abortion" are really Pro-Choice.

boba
03-30-2012, 01:41 PM
I do not think that all anti abortion people are bad. If I did then I would think of myself as a bad person. However I do question the hyprocracy of a lot of the so called pro life people. They are quick to say abortion is wrong however they refuse to do anything to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place, then once the child is born the refuse to provide and social services to help the child, finally a lot of anti abortion pro life people have no problem being pro war and sending someone elses child to go and kill another child or even worse to die overseas in a meaningless war.

Let me ask you something, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Why are you anti abortion?

mrveggieman
03-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Let me ask you something, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Why are you anti abortion?

I'm glad you asked. Killing an unborn child is no different than killing a living child in my book. I must also add since I am against killing the unborn I cannot in good conscience turn my back on these babies once they are born (like some most conservatives do) by cutting social programs that would help these children. I also cannot in good conscience be against birth control and education that would reduce the instances of unwanted pregnancies. I also believe in a woman's right to choose. She can choose to be edcuated on her own sexual health, use protection, not be protected and have to suffer the consequences or chose not to have sex at all.

boba
03-30-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm glad you asked. Killing an unborn child is no different than killing a living child in my book. I must also add since I am against killing the unborn I cannot in good conscience turn my back on these babies once they are born (like some most conservatives do) by cutting social programs that would help these children. I also cannot in good conscience be against birth control and education that would reduce the instances of unwanted pregnancies. I also believe in a woman's right to choose. She can choose to be edcuated on her own sexual health, use protection, not be protected and have to suffer the consequences or chose not to have sex at all.

What do you mean by that? Her right to choose what?

mrveggieman
03-30-2012, 03:07 PM
What do you mean by that? Her right to choose what?

She has the right to make choice that will help to avoid unwanted pregnancies.

boba
03-30-2012, 03:09 PM
She has the right to make choice that will help to avoid unwanted pregnancies.

Ok, I think thats fair.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Some people don't get the choice about being educated.

Star_Cards
03-30-2012, 03:59 PM

Pro-Abortion = Believe everyone should get an abortion for reasons such as overpopulation

I would venture to guess most of the people here who are labelled "Pro-Abortion" are really Pro-Choice.

agreed. I don't know many people who are pro-abortion.

Star_Cards
03-30-2012, 04:01 PM

I don't think PETA should throw paint or take matters to the harassment level. I'm fine with protesting on either side, but damaging property and harassment is over the line.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 04:07 PM
agreed. I don't know many people who are pro-abortion.
Me neither, but they are out there.

boba
03-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Who believes this? I've never head this.

There are people who say similar things referring to birth control, but I've never heard of anyone who believes that.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Who believes this? I've never head this.

There are people who say similar things referring to birth control, but I've never heard of anyone who believes that.
I'm not going to go searching for reference, I'll just admit that I've run into people who do, in fact, believe this and have left shaking my head each time.

boba
03-30-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm not going to go searching for reference, I'll just admit that I've run into people who do, in fact, believe this and have left shaking my head each time.

Thats crazy man.

I think the 3 biggest views are these.

1. Pro life: Believe abortion is killing a human and are against it.
2. Pro choice : Believe a fetus isn't a life, so it's a womans choice to keep it or get rid of it.
3. People who haven't really thought about it and don't want to offend anyone: Believe abortion is killing a human but still think its the womans choice.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Thats crazy man.

I think the 3 biggest views are these.

1. Pro life: Believe abortion is killing a human and are against it.
2. Pro choice : Believe a fetus isn't a life, so it's a womans choice to keep it or get rid of it.
3. People who haven't really thought about it and don't want to offend anyone: Believe abortion is killing a human but still think its the womans choice.
You forgot:
4. People who have thought about it and disagree with abortion but would never in a million years presume to have any right to judge others.

boba
03-30-2012, 05:05 PM
You forgot:
4. People who have thought about it and disagree with abortion but would never in a million years presume to have any right to judge others.

I wonder if those people would not put a murderer on trial, I mean, who are we to judge them?

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 05:08 PM
I wonder if those people would not put a murderer on trial, I mean, who are we to judge them?
Since the whole issue is "is abortion murder" (to put it very simply) I'd say anyone who would call them murderers has already judged (and gone against Jesus' teaching)

boba
03-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Since the whole issue is "is abortion murder" (to put it very simply) I'd say anyone who would call them murderers has already judged (and gone against Jesus' teaching)

This doesn't answer my question, I really don't know how this post is relevant. When we put someone on trial for murder have we not judged them?

boba
03-30-2012, 05:13 PM
if a fetus is a human, and you kill it, is it not logical to say this is murder?

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 05:15 PM
This doesn't answer my question, I really don't know how this post is relevant. When we put someone on trial for murder have we not judged them?
I see your point and, honestly, it's part of the reason I'm against the death sentence. In all honesty, I myself can't decide if it's murder or not. I know I'm against abortion, except for special circumstances, but I'm not about to judge others whatsoever.

Wickabee
03-30-2012, 05:16 PM
if a fetus is a human, and you kill it, is it not logical to say this is murder?
Is it murder to kill someone who doesn't even know they're there?
Frankly, this conversation could lead to assisted suicide (which I am not opposed to) and a plethora of other topics as well.