PDA

View Full Version : NBC to do ‘internal investigation’ on Zimmerman segment

mikesilvia
04-01-2012, 03:38 PM
This is criminal in my view.

Great news right there. As exposed by Fox News and media watchdog site NewsBusters, the “Today” segment took this approach to a key part of the dispatcher call:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

Here’s how the actual conversation went down:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/nbc-to-do-internal-investigation-on-zimmerman-segment/2012/03/31/gIQAc4HhnS_blog.html?hpid=z6

habsheaven
04-01-2012, 03:42 PM
I saw that today on Reliable Sources. Completely unacceptable. I am glad they are investigating it. Hopefully they do not conclude that it was just some innocent editing made for time constraints or some other foolishness.

ensbergcollector
04-01-2012, 04:09 PM
I saw that today on Reliable Sources. Completely unacceptable. I am glad they are investigating it. Hopefully they do not conclude that it was just some innocent editing made for time constraints or some other foolishness.

i agree, and yet this is exactly what their excuse will be

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 04:18 PM
First I am looking into what you all believe is criminal....

This is DONE all the time...do you call it out then?? NO! So why now???

mikesilvia
04-01-2012, 04:33 PM

Nice, "It's okay to do it because other people do it." that get's old!

Ok, present some evidence of other edited audio and I'll take a look and condemn it as well.

They did do this is the Rodney King video as well. They didn't show the lead up to the beatings. Police were WRONG but we didn't get the full context. Even those guys didn't cut out CRITICAL audio.

This current NBC contributed to 1) Spike Lee to get angry and twit out people's address and 2) The Black Panthers putting out a ransom and 3) several people are now getting assaulted based on racial anger. Here is one: http://www.katu.com/news/national/7-California-boys-arrested-in-attack-on-teen-145286335.html

They made Zimmerman out to be a racist based on edited audio and now people are getting hurt. Criminal in my view. Not jail time, but financial penalty.

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 04:46 PM
No what I am saying is this isa practice that is done all the time ...you cannot pick and chose to which times you should take offense to it...

And in the Full context in my Opinion he is a racist and should be held accountable for his actions to the full extent of the law...

mikesilvia
04-01-2012, 04:52 PM
And in the Full context in my Opinion he is a racist and should be held accountable for his actions to the full extent of the law...

Here is a racist based on what facts?

mikesilvia
04-01-2012, 04:52 PM
By the way, Zimmerman is a Democrat. Just thought I'd share that non-opinionated fact. :)

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 04:58 PM
By the way, Zimmerman is a Democrat. Just thought I'd share that non-opinionated fact. :)
yes and?
that effects the price of tea in what matter?

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Here is a racist based on what facts?
his own actions and statements...

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Nice, "It's okay to do it because other people do it." that get's old!

Ok, present some evidence of other edited audio and I'll take a look and condemn it as well.

They did do this is the Rodney King video as well. They didn't show the lead up to the beatings. Police were WRONG but we didn't get the full context. Even those guys didn't cut out CRITICAL audio.

This current NBC contributed to 1) Spike Lee to get angry and twit out people's address and 2) The Black Panthers putting out a ransom and 3) several people are now getting assaulted based on racial anger. Here is one: http://www.katu.com/news/national/7-California-boys-arrested-in-attack-on-teen-145286335.html

They made Zimmerman out to be a racist based on edited audio and now people are getting hurt. Criminal in my view. Not jail time, but financial penalty.

that pales in comparison to the fact he committed a crime...and as result a young man is dead...

I do not see HOW you can link NBC to all that and did we not beleive this would heat up the racial tension in that region as well as others regions? If Zimmerman had shot a white teen he would already be in jial...

I say leave color aside...a young man lost his life...that is a crime in any court or any society...

ensbergcollector
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
his own actions and statements...

which ones? can you show me one thing or quote that would lead you to think he is racist?

mikesilvia
04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
yes and?
that effects the price of tea in what matter?If he was a Republican we would have heard it every hour, in every news report. But since he was a Democrat you won't read about it. He likely voted for Obama, but we don't hear those facts.

his own actions and statements...The ones edited by NBC? Any reason you are not showing any facts? You are going on word of mouth?

mikesilvia
04-01-2012, 05:06 PM
that pales in comparison to the fact he committed a crime...and as result a young man is dead...

What crime did he commit? You obvious don't know the Florida laws!

If Zimmerman had shot a white teen he would already be in jial...

Opinion. Why no facts?

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Mike he shot and killed a teen ...I do not believe his life we in danger...NOT EVEN CLOSE and yes I know of the Florida law...

and yes that is opinion...no facts because he didnt shot a white teen...

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:10 PM
If he was a Republican we would have heard it every hour, in every news report. But since he was a Democrat you won't read about it. He likely voted for Obama, but we don't hear those facts.

The ones edited by NBC? Any reason you are not showing any facts? You are going on word of mouth?

well go on FOX it is on every hour! LOL
No these are some from Fox ABC, CBS, etc....I do listen to number of different ones...

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:11 PM
which ones? can you show me one thing or quote that would lead you to think he is racist?
the 911 Tape is enough for me

the FULL version is you should ask

ensbergcollector
04-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Mike he shot and killed a teen ...I do not believe his life we in danger...NOT EVEN CLOSE and yes I know of the Florida law...

let me get this straight because i don't want to accuse you of something because I misunderstood.

are you saying that because he killed a black teenager, that makes him racist? so then is every crime against a minority race based? Is every crime against anyone based on race?

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Maybe I am missing the point of all the Bull

A young man is dead! Doesnt matter his color! or doesnt anyone care about the lose of a human being? really? have you become that cold? leave out race and the actions of the man who shot him...you act if his life was worth nothing???
Wow what have we become

ensbergcollector
04-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Maybe I am missing the point of all the Bull

A young man is dead! Doesnt matter his color! or doesnt anyone care about the lose of a human being? really? have you become that cold? leave out race and the actions of the man who shot him...you act if his life was worth nothing???
Wow what have we become

you are the one on here calling him racist. i could care less about the race of either person. the only reason this is news is because of race. you are in here making it about race. you're right, what have we become?

mikesilvia
04-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Martin was stomping Zimmerman for a full minute. Have you have had your face stomped for a full minute. At what time do you feel threatened enough to defend yourself with a gun?

The funny part Michael, is this case is only in the spot light because of Martins' race, but you are saying that police can't ask for his race. Funny, huh?

If this was a black male shooting a black male this would be a non story. NBC did a great job pushing out a story making it about race by editing the audio.

I need to head of to the Cape to serve the racist Air Force who asked for my race when I entered service. :)

Chat later!

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:24 PM
you are the one on here calling him racist. i could care less about the race of either person. the only reason this is news is because of race. you are in here making it about race. you're right, what have we become?

YES I AM CALLING A MURDERER A RACIST TOM! In Fact i am Outrage at this...
I am just following the intent of the posters and the rest or mainstream

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Martin was stomping Zimmerman for a full minute. Have you have had your face stomped for a full minute. At what time do you feel threatened enough to defend yourself with a gun?

The funny part Michael, is this case is only in the spot light because of Martins' race, but you are saying that police can't ask for his race. Funny, huh?

If this was a black male shooting a black male this would be a non story. NBC did a great job pushing out a story making it about race by editing the audio.

I need to head of to the Cape to serve the racist Air Force who asked for my race when I entered service. :)

Chat later!

I do not in any world think Zimmerman was attacked nor was he in fear of his life...he shot an unarmed teen...a larger grown man...really?

You cannot find a teen in a gated community, wearing a hoodie, carrying a bag of skilltles? (sp) he was tall and thin wearing jeans sneakers and hoodie weighing about 140 ???

yesyour master calls Mike! :spy:

hawk2618
04-01-2012, 05:31 PM

It happens all the time but it only balloons in the news when it is a black dying and another race is to blame.The public can't look into EVERY crime that happens in the world and put in their 2 cents.Life is too short,plus personally,I have a lot better things to do than sift out negative stories in the news my whole life.If you want to curse someone,try calling the news stations or paper companies.They are to blame what gets aired,not the public in general who reads them!~~Dave C.

The kid was 6'3,I'm 5'6 who would look like the kid side by side???

MadMan1978
04-01-2012, 05:37 PM
oh and what of the the Orlando Sentential hiring voice analyst of the 911 tapes...Are saying that it is impossible that is Zimmerman screaming in those tapes...

mikesilvia
04-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Michael, the main difference between you and I is I believe in a fair trail. You obviously believe the internet should be the judge and jury. With limited information and a circus media you've convicted a man. Hopefully, that never happens to you or I.

mikesilvia
04-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Apparently, more and more people are understand the facts. A high profile rally that was expected to bring in 75,000 people only brought in 3,000. Looks like people are finally getting the message.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/01/massive-trayvon-martin-rally-set-for-sunday-in-bayfront-park-2/

Star_Cards
04-02-2012, 10:40 AM

If a news source or anyone played a 911 call and edited like the above... I would call it out. The context is very different from the actual call. The way the news source reported it makes it sound like he was offering up the persons race like it was a defining factor in his decision to call 911 when in fact the 911 dispatcher asked him for the race of the person as a means of further identification.

Star_Cards
04-02-2012, 10:45 AM

I do not see HOW you can link NBC to all that and did we not beleive this would heat up the racial tension in that region as well as others regions? If Zimmerman had shot a white teen he would already be in jial...

I say leave color aside...a young man lost his life...that is a crime in any court or any society...

you can't say that for fact that if martin was white that zimmerman would have been arrested. You can assume but you don't know that for sure. I think even assuming that is a bit short sighted. I bet that there are cases where a minority has killed a white man in self defense and was not arrested.

For me I think color was left aside by zimmerman until he was asked to define his race for identification purposes. Had he started off offering race and I may think that zimmerman had an axe to grind due to race, but I just don't see it in the 911 call.

Star_Cards
04-02-2012, 10:48 AM

I don't see how you can say anything to the fact of if his life was in danger or how he felt. I've never felt in danger for my life but I don't see how you can say how another person feels when it comes to feeling if his life was in danger especially since we know very few facts of what happened during the fight.

Star_Cards
04-02-2012, 10:53 AM
I do not in any world think Zimmerman was attacked nor was he in fear of his life...he shot an unarmed teen...a larger grown man...really?

You cannot find a teen in a gated community, wearing a hoodie, carrying a bag of skilltles? (sp) he was tall and thin wearing jeans sneakers and hoodie weighing about 140 ???

yesyour master calls Mike! :spy:

why do you think zimmerman wasn't attacked?

Wickabee
04-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm not going to comment on the case here, I've made my views known already.

I will say though that I agree it's asinine to call this out but leave it alone every other time it happens. Things are edited in this manner CONSTANTLY to put across a version of the story instead of the story itself.

It's hilarious, though, that people get mad about this though they've never said anything before and likely won't ever again.

shrewsbury
04-02-2012, 04:42 PM
You cannot find a teen in a gated community, wearing a hoodie, carrying a bag of skilltles?

at nearly 3am on a school night?

mikesilvia
04-02-2012, 06:36 PM
at nearly 3am on a school night?

It was actually around 7pm and Martin was suspended from school. So he had not school to go to the next morning.

AUTaxMan
04-03-2012, 10:07 PM
And here's the big apology:

"During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret. We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers."

Star_Cards
04-04-2012, 08:39 AM
And here's the big apology:

"During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret. We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers."

kind of like emptying a tube of toothpaste and then trying to stuff it all back inside.

mikesilvia
04-04-2012, 09:56 AM
An error? An error means there was no intent to do this. Sorry, but that is a LIE. You don't mistakenly do something like this. It's not like typing on a keyboard and you hit another key by mistake. It takes hours to view and edit a video and then goes through an approval process.

AUTaxMan
04-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Here's another NBC apology I found for editing out, "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance during U.S. Open coverage:

"We began our coverage of this final round just about three hours ago. When we did, it was our intent to begin our coverage of this US Open championship with a feature that captured the patriotism of our national championship, held in our nation's capital for the third time. Regrettably, a portion of the Pledge of Allegiance that was in that feature was edited out. It was not done to upset anyone, and we'd like to apologize to those of you who were offended by it."