PDA

View Full Version : Will Jon Corzine ever be held accountable?

pghin08
04-02-2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/corzine-is-getting-a-pass-would-you-2012-03-27

He levered himself to extreme levels and simply "lost" $1.6 billion. As in, "oops, lost my keys, not sure where they are".

This does nothing to take away the argument from OWS that Wall Street continues to walk away unscathed from their crimes.

duane1969
04-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Not only will he not be held accountable, major networks aren't even covering this.

pghin08
04-02-2012, 03:27 PM
It's ridiculous. All I hear about are people crying about welfare recipients who abuse the system to the tune of hundreds, but yet nobody seems to care about someone abusing the systems to the tune that guys like Jon Corzine, Dick Fuld, etc. did? Just insane.

Star_Cards
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
It's ridiculous. All I hear about are people crying about welfare recipients who abuse the system to the tune of hundreds, but yet nobody seems to care about someone abusing the systems to the tune that guys like Jon Corzine, Dick Fuld, etc. did? Just insane.

it's a good point. very interesting how that is.

shrewsbury
04-02-2012, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE] All I hear about are people crying about welfare recipients who abuse the system to the tune of hundreds, but yet nobody seems to care about someone abusing the systems to the tune that guys like Jon Corzine, Dick Fuld, etc. did?[QUOTE]

they all need to be dealt with, whether your stealing from the top or bottom, and whether it is hundred or billions, it is still theft

pghin08
04-02-2012, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE] All I hear about are people crying about welfare recipients who abuse the system to the tune of hundreds, but yet nobody seems to care about someone abusing the systems to the tune that guys like Jon Corzine, Dick Fuld, etc. did?[QUOTE]

they all need to be dealt with, whether your stealing from the top or bottom, and whether it is hundred or billions, it is still theft

Totally agree, but why not start with the ones taking the most?

shrewsbury
04-02-2012, 06:16 PM
or start will all of them

pspstatus
04-02-2012, 06:29 PM
The wealthy seem to rarely be held accountable for any of their wrongs.

pghin08
04-03-2012, 08:39 AM
or start will all of them

I get what you're saying, but imagine you're a cop and you have two suspects you're looking for, one guy who punched another guy outside of a bar, or a serial killer who murders at least one person every night. I'd hope you'd look a little harder for the serial killer.

shrewsbury
04-03-2012, 08:46 AM
but imagine you're a cop and you have two suspects you're looking for, one guy who punched another guy outside of a bar, or a serial killer who murders at least one person every night. I'd hope you'd look a little harder for the serial killer.

would be more like a serial killer and some who murdered a single person. i would look for one, while another "cop" looked for the other

pghin08
04-03-2012, 09:09 AM
would be more like a serial killer and some who murdered a single person. i would look for one, while another "cop" looked for the other

Totally disagree. If you have a guy who ripped somebody off for thousands, and a group of guys (or in this case, one, Corzine) who ripped off billions, they're both criminals, but they're NOT the same.

shrewsbury
04-03-2012, 10:18 AM
a murderer and serial killer are not the same

pghin08
04-03-2012, 10:26 AM
a murderer and serial killer are not the same

Let me pose it this way, say you have a million dollars. Are you going to be angrier at the guy who steals $20 from you, or the guy that takes the whole million?

shrewsbury
04-03-2012, 10:48 AM
don't get me wrong, i see your point.

they both should be punished, and obviously the one stealing more should be punished more.