PDA

View Full Version : Getaway driver in Vernon Forrest murder get's life w/o parole

mrveggieman
04-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Good, serves him right.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/getaway-driver-gets-life-1405193.html

shrewsbury
04-03-2012, 10:21 AM
why?
so now we will pay for him to live his entire life in prison, a bullet in much cheaper.

mrveggieman
04-03-2012, 10:21 AM
why?
so now we will pay for him to live his entire life in prison, a bullet in much cheaper.

I wouldn't be mad at that either. :winking0071:

Star_Cards
04-03-2012, 10:29 AM
well not to stick up for this guy, but murder doesn't seem to have been the original plan. I get that he was in on the armed robbery so you have to think someone getting shot could be possible, but since he wasn't the triggerman I'm okay with him getting life and not the death penalty.

mrveggieman
04-03-2012, 10:32 AM
well not to stick up for this guy, but murder doesn't seem to have been the original plan. I get that he was in on the armed robbery so you have to think someone getting shot could be possible, but since he wasn't the triggerman I'm okay with him getting life and not the death penalty.

He is getting punished either way but I wouldn't have a problem with him being executed because like you allueded to earlier he participated in an armed robbery and he knew there was a chance someone could get killed. If the state executed him I say good riddance and save my tax paying dollars for educating our children and not low life scumbags who have no value for their own life let alone anyone elses.

shrewsbury
04-03-2012, 10:46 AM
but imagine you're a cop and you have two suspects you're looking for, one guy who punched another guy outside of a bar, or a serial killer who murders at least one person every night. I'd hope you'd look a little harder for the serial killer.

good post

i would like to add, if you have life with no parole, then is it not death?

Star_Cards
04-03-2012, 12:55 PM
He is getting punished either way but I wouldn't have a problem with him being executed because like you allueded to earlier he participated in an armed robbery and he knew there was a chance someone could get killed. If the state executed him I say good riddance and save my tax paying dollars for educating our children and not low life scumbags who have no value for their own life let alone anyone elses.

don't get me wrong, this guy is probably incapable of being a productive member of society, but legally I don't think he should have the same fate as the triggerman. I get the tax dollar discussion, but that shouldn't be the a factor in determining if a person should get the death penalty or not. Definitely don't feel sorry for the guy.