PDA

View Full Version : Carson Daly: Gay people wouldn't have stopped crazed JetBlue pilot

pwaldo
04-03-2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2122083/Carson-Daly-forced-apologize-homophobic-joke-gay-people-JetBlue-pilot.html

On his L.A radio show, Carson Daly, suggested gays are simply not brave enough to handle dangerous situations.

'Most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas, it was like a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes, thank god,' he said on air.

'With my luck, it would be like, 'this is the flight going to the [gay] pride parade in San Francisco. I mean, that would be my colleagues.'

Then, changing his voice to sound like a gay stereotype, Daly said, 'Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention.'

Daly released a statement saying, 'This morning on my radio show I attempted to make fun of myself and offended others by mistake. I sincerely apologize.'

'We live in a time where gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender individuals find courage every day to overcome adversity, stand up to bullying and find equality. Iím truly saddened that my words today suggested otherwise,' Daly said in his statement.

'Iíve long been a supporter of gay and lesbian rights, and Iím saddened that my comments, however unintentional, offended anyone, specifically members of the LGBT community.'

'The fact that I have hurt anyone is devastating. Iím not that guy. Iím proud to be an ally of the LGBT community and will continue to fight with them.'

*censored*
04-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Carson Daly is still around?

AUTaxMan
04-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Does he still do TRL?

Triple Peanut
04-03-2012, 04:31 PM
i've never heard his show. granted it wasn't a nice thing to say to begin with, it sounds like it probably wasn't meant to be taken seriously. howard sterbn says things like that every 30 seconds. most people know before they listen that it's going to be border line offensive and to be taken with a grain of salt.

angel0430
04-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I am pretty sure that it was meant as a joke and that he does not feel that way...I hate when people say something and then they apologize...

shrewsbury
04-03-2012, 05:26 PM
isn't he hosting that singing show? the one with christina, adam, c-low, and the country singer guy?

duane1969
04-03-2012, 06:36 PM
He clearly was joking and meant no malice, but in today's powderpuff society everybody walks around with a chip on their shoulder and gets offended at everything they think might kinda, sorta, a little bit be a near insult.

Star_Cards
04-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I think I'd have to listen to the whole tape to really figure this out. Sounds like we should be more offended that it's just a bad joke. I don't know Daily but from what we've seen in his professional life he hasn't done anything else to show that he's homophobic. His apology seems sincere.

AUTaxMan
04-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Gay people are so sensitive.

angel0430
04-04-2012, 11:01 AM

Not just agy people. Pretty much everyone is sensitive now a days.

duwal
04-04-2012, 03:52 PM

come on now, we've seen your posts, you're just as sensitive.....wait a second, now it makes perfect sense! :tongue0011: