PDA

View Full Version : Call Sara Palin fat, get punched in the neck

mrveggieman
04-04-2012, 10:04 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/call-sarah-palin-fat-punched-neck-205300012.html

ensbergcollector
04-04-2012, 10:20 AM
i can't even believe you posted this. i know you used the same title as yahoo but i love how they make it sound like you actually hit someone.

mrveggieman
04-04-2012, 10:24 AM
i can't even believe you posted this. i know you used the same title as yahoo but i love how they make it sound like you actually hit someone.

Believe it or not I actually think that Sara Palin is cute even though she is about as dumb a sack of bricks. I know that she is not actively running for any political office but I thought that ya'll would be interested in what she is up to now a days.

angel0430
04-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Believe it or not I actually think that Sara Palin is cute even though she is about as dumb a sack of bricks. I know that she is not actively running for any political office but I thought that ya'll would be interested in what she is up to now a days.

I am tired of Palin. We all know what she does every freaking day. The media is making sure that she gets promoted all the time.

duane1969
04-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Here is the funny thing. She makes a great point. If a popular woman gains a little weight it immediately becomes a subject for the media to blow up. Ever see an article on George Clooney gaining 10 pounds or questioning if Zach Galifianakis' second chin is getting bigger? Heck no. But let Brittney Spears' belly get a little rounder or let Beyonce's butt get a little thicker and it becomes front page news.

Star_Cards
04-04-2012, 01:02 PM
The writer of this article obviously has an issue with Palin if this is what he's using to get in a blast on her. That's all fine and good if he doesn't typically like her, but to write about her violence and say things like "Going for the throat, as it were. A neck punch can severely incapacitate a person, even cause death." seems like they are dissecting this to the extreme. I don't know of many women who wouldn't react negatively to someone calling them fat when they are pregnant. I'd find it typical that if most women were extended this hypothetical they'd say something more extreme than what they'd actually do if in the situation.

theonedru
04-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Here is the funny thing. She makes a great point. If a popular woman gains a little weight it immediately becomes a subject for the media to blow up. Ever see an article on George Clooney gaining 10 pounds or questioning if Zach Galifianakis' second chin is getting bigger? Heck no. But let Brittney Spears' belly get a little rounder or let Beyonce's butt get a little thicker and it becomes front page news.

I think its a sad and pathetic reflection upon societies need to know these things, if society didn't care they wouldn't report it.

pghin08
04-04-2012, 02:30 PM

Hopefully Galifianakis' second chin can grow as sweet of a beard as his first chin.

duane1969
04-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Hopefully Galifianakis' second chin can grow as sweet of a beard as his first chin.

LOL...I doubt it :)