PDA

View Full Version : BK intorducing new menu items to compete w/mcdonalds and others

mrveggieman
04-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Your thoughts:

http://news.yahoo.com/burger-kings-menu-lot-mcdonalds-144334233.html

andrewhoya
04-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Smoothies are good.

whereisreggienobl
04-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I think all the fast food joints are in scramble mode now that the world knows their burgers are more like a slim jim than anything. I havent ate McDonald's in over a year, Burger King & Wendy's probably the same. I cant even remember the last time I ate fast food and felt good about it. People wonder why Americans are so fat and nasty, you really don't have to look much further than 99 cent double gelatin beef patties with extra yellow cheese.

andrewhoya
04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
I only get Smoothies at McDonalds. Fast Food is disgusting.

Except for Chik Fil A.

RITM
04-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Interesting commercial strategy to show off the new menu. Leno driving through a restaurant does not make me want to buy the food.

mrveggieman
04-06-2012, 10:01 AM
It's a good try by bk but I think that it is ultimately going to fail. The average american does not care about what they put in their bodies. If they did fast food joints as well as dirty carryouts would go out of business.

theonedru
04-08-2012, 12:24 AM
I cringe when I see people go into these places its all fat food that will make America fatter. None of this garbage is healthy not even the smoothies or premium coffee drinks with them swimming in sugar. I am so glad I avoid these places like the plague.

MadMan1978
04-08-2012, 11:58 AM
wow slow news day ?

RITM
04-08-2012, 05:02 PM
The think that irks me about BK is the irony of the slogan "Have it Your Way" when the majority of their menu copies other places. It should be "Have it Their Way" instead. Was in a hurry a few weeks ago and went to a BK while waiting for a prescription next door. Ordered a mushroom swiss burger that looked like the McDonald's Angus Mushroom. Took close to 15 minutes to get it. When I asked what the problem was they explained that I ordered something difficult. If it takes that long for something at a fast food place it should not be on hte menu.

themanishere
04-08-2012, 05:48 PM
I believe Wendy's overtook them recently as #2 behind McD, so I guess they're trying something to change it up.

Too little too late though, they fell behind in the positioning game.

I cringe when I see people go into these places its all fat food that will make America fatter. None of this garbage is healthy not even the smoothies or premium coffee drinks with them swimming in sugar. I am so glad I avoid these places like the plague.

The real issue is that many people have no sense of portion control or moderation when eating at these places (or anywhere, for that matter). Treating yourself to a burger and shake or whatever once in a while is fine, provided you have good habits otherwise.

I eat at these places (whether McD, BK or other) a few times a month because of time constraints and convenience between work and school, and am completely healthy and fit.

avstars
04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
It's not a bad strategy by BK since they just fell from #2 to #3 behind McD and Wendy's. McD broke away from the traditional just-burger way first, so that's why they are ahead in the industry. If you wanna be a leader and not a follower, you gotta be one step ahead of your competition.

I used to love fast food, but when it's the only thing around that you could eat during lunch, you get tired of it. Although the salad in McD are pretty good if you don't go too crazy with the dressings.