PDA

View Full Version : Woman says ex posted dirty pics of her all over GA

mrveggieman
04-05-2012, 08:52 AM
The pic is bleeped out on the website but I apologize in advance if anyone is still offended by it.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/woman-says-scorned-ex-spreading-provocative-photos/nMJWK/

Star_Cards
04-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I'd assume she will have a case against him if she can prove that he posted the flyers. This is a risk of sending out these types of images.

angel0430
04-05-2012, 11:06 AM
People need to learn to not take pics like this. Now the guy is going to claim that his phone got stolen or hacked...blah blah blah...

duane1969
04-05-2012, 02:00 PM
So it's not even pics that he took. She took them herself and sent them out.

Are there even laws that protect people from this kind of thing? Can she claim a right to any form of privacy when she is the one who originally distributed the pics to begin with?

angel0430
04-05-2012, 03:15 PM
So it's not even pics that he took. She took them herself and sent them out.

Are there even laws that protect people from this kind of thing? Can she claim a right to any form of privacy when she is the one who originally distributed the pics to begin with?

Good point. I am not saying that he did the right thing but she should have known better.

duwal
04-05-2012, 03:19 PM
there is no privacy justification if she provided the damaging photo in question to him. Once he received it on his phone he really has the right to do what he wants with it

mrveggieman
04-05-2012, 03:21 PM
there is no privacy justification if she provided the damaging photo in question to him. Once he received it on his phone he really has the right to do what he wants with it

Yeah but I'm sure that there are laws against putting out a pick of that out there with her name and address suggesting that she is inviting over strange men or even women to come over and have their way with her.

Star_Cards
04-05-2012, 03:56 PM

I can agree with that. Had be sent the pict to a friend or maybe even posted it online he probably didn't break any laws. The legality will come up when included with her address and phone number. I'm not sure if that does break any laws, but seems like just because you send a photo to a person shouldn't mean they have the right to do something like this.

angel0430
04-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Regardless of how the picture got into his cellphone, it iwrong to post someones address and number. I know there are some laws against something like this on the government side but I have no idea on a private citizen side. There are some privacy act laws in place. I have no idea if they apply to this situation.

duane1969
04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
I agree that the name and address thing are where he will get busted.

whereisreggienobl
04-05-2012, 09:57 PM
The person who took the picture owns the copyright. It cannot be redistributed for profit without permission, however I don't know what type of damages she would be entitled to since there was no money involved in the distribution of the image.

shrewsbury
04-06-2012, 08:27 AM
there was no profit

duane1969
04-06-2012, 10:06 AM
The person who took the picture owns the copyright. It cannot be redistributed for profit without permission, however I don't know what type of damages she would be entitled to since there was no money involved in the distribution of the image.

I would love to hear that argument in court.

tndcollectables
04-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Plain and simple...She should have not taken the picture in the first place and sent them out! Chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.

Star_Cards
04-06-2012, 11:36 AM

that is not entirely true. while the photographer has a right to the photo, there are also other rights of the subject of the photograph. If I take a picture of you there are still rights that you have as the subject and you must release those rights.

I'm not an expert on the copyright laws and such, but I doubt this would come up legally if this were at trial, etc.

Star_Cards
04-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Plain and simple...She should have not taken the picture in the first place and sent them out! Chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.

I don't think you can simplify it that much. There should still be some legalities to distributing the info that this guy did in such a malicious manner. For me, the picture isn't even the worst part about it. It's more about the collective which included all of her contact info.