PDA

View Full Version : Stepdad shoots teen caught having sex with daughter

shrewsbury
04-05-2012, 11:31 AM
http://www.thegrio.com/news/stepfather-shoots-teen-caught-having-sex-with-daughter.php

this guy and his neighbor both state, it was a bad situation but i would do anything to protect my daughter.

having 3 daughters i get their point, but she invited the boy there and had sex with him, what are they protecting her from?

pghin08
04-05-2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.thegrio.com/news/stepfather-shoots-teen-caught-having-sex-with-daughter.php

this guy and his neighbor both state, it was a bad situation but i would do anything to protect my daughter.

having 3 daughters i get their point, but she invited the boy there and had sex with him, what are they protecting her from?

Exactly. She made the decision. Totally ridiculous for him to try and kill that kid.

Star_Cards
04-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Agreed. I have no idea what he thought he was protecting her from. This guy is lucky he didn't kill her boyfriend. I get him being upset, but shooting the guy isn't the proper reaction. What if he'd hit his daughter?

lloydr04
04-05-2012, 01:02 PM
wow.

duane1969
04-05-2012, 01:56 PM
In Florida the legal age of consent is 18. The girl is 16. By definition the boyfriend was committing statuatory rape.

I agree, shooting him appears to be an overreaction, however we do not have the entire story yet. What if the boyfriend had been warned to stay away? What if there had been previous altercations between the boyfriend and father and this was a culmination of that?

Additionally, it doesn't matter if the girl invited him in and voluntarily had sex with him. She is 16, a legal minor. Her "say" is irrelevant.

tndcollectables
04-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Do most of the nutjobs live in Florida?

pghin08
04-05-2012, 02:10 PM
In Florida the legal age of consent is 18. The girl is 16. By definition the boyfriend was committing statuatory rape.

I agree, shooting him appears to be an overreaction, however we do not have the entire story yet. What if the boyfriend had been warned to stay away? What if there had been previous altercations between the boyfriend and father and this was a culmination of that?

Additionally, it doesn't matter if the girl invited him in and voluntarily had sex with him. She is 16, a legal minor. Her "say" is irrelevant.

Not sure that's true. Pretty sure Florida has what equates to about a 6 year gap. An 18 year old can have sex with a 16 year old, but I don't think a 23 year old can.

duane1969
04-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Not sure that's true. Pretty sure Florida has what equates to about a 6 year gap. An 18 year old can have sex with a 16 year old, but I don't think a 23 year old can.

I think they allow a "pass" for kids who are close in age, but the law says the legal age of consent is 18.

I think it is another one of those laws that gets left open to interpretation.

pghin08
04-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I think they allow a "pass" for kids who are close in age, but the law says the legal age of consent is 18.

I think it is another one of those laws that gets left open to interpretation.

Our government loves those.

mrveggieman
04-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Now this guy will be going away to the slammer for a very long time where he will be someone's stepchild. Idiot.

shrewsbury
04-05-2012, 02:31 PM
here is what i found, doesn't seem he commited any crime

Florida Statutes Section 794.05 - Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.
(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

(2) The provisions of this section do not apply to a person 16 or 17 years of age who has had the disabilities of nonage removed under chapter 743.

(3) The victim's prior sexual conduct is not a relevant issue in a prosecution under this section.

(4) If an offense under this section directly results in the victim giving birth to a child, paternity of that child shall be established as described in chapter 742. If it is determined that the offender is the father of the child, the offender must pay child support pursuant to the child support guidelines described in chapter 61.

duane1969
04-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I did some more digging.

Florida has what they call a "close in age exemption". In essence, legally if you are under 18 you can not consent to sex, but if the person you have sex with is 23 or younger they do not prosecute.

So by definition, if you are 18 or over and have sex with someone 16 or 17 then you are legally committing statuatory rape, but if you are under 23 you recieve an exemption.

shrewsbury
04-05-2012, 02:40 PM
does it say you will get a bullet in the bee-hind for it???

angel0430
04-05-2012, 03:18 PM
My friend just went through something similar although he did not catch them. She confessed, she is 16 and he was 19. They went to a lawyer, they read the law and there was nothing that they could have done unless there was alcohol or drugs involved. If she agreed to it, then it is ok.

I am a father of 3 girls, I wouold shoot the kid but I can guaranteee you that he is not going to be able to have sex again.

Star_Cards
04-05-2012, 04:04 PM
My friend just went through something similar although he did not catch them. She confessed, she is 16 and he was 19. They went to a lawyer, they read the law and there was nothing that they could have done unless there was alcohol or drugs involved. If she agreed to it, then it is ok.

I am a father of 3 girls, I wouold shoot the kid but I can guaranteee you that he is not going to be able to have sex again.

Or maybe deal with the issue with your daughter? If it's not rape then she would have let this guy have sex with her. I get that one would be angry at the guy, but seems a bit misdirected in my opinion.

mrveggieman
04-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Or maybe deal with the issue with your daughter? If it's not rape then she would have let this guy have sex with her. I get that one would be angry at the guy, but seems a bit misdirected in my opinion.

Exactly. It's kind of like coming home and finding your old lady in bed with another guy. Your first instinct would be to go after the other guy but why are you mad at him? He is only being a man and taking what was given to him.

duane1969
04-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Exactly. It's kind of like coming home and finding your old lady in bed with another guy. Your first instinct would be to go after the other guy but why are you mad at him? He is only being a man and taking what was given to him.

If he knows she is married (and since he is at my house I am going on the assumption that he does) then he is in for a very bad end to his romantic interlude.

duwal
04-05-2012, 06:50 PM

that just means that you would be in jail for the next time a guy has sex with her

mrveggieman
04-06-2012, 07:52 AM
If he knows she is married (and since he is at my house I am going on the assumption that he does) then he is in for a very bad end to his romantic interlude.

Right but your wife is the one who is betraying you not the other guy.