PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia reportedly not sending women to olympics

mrveggieman
04-05-2012, 02:12 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/04/05/saudi-arabia-reportedly-not-sending-women-to-2012-olympics/?intcmp=trending

andrewhoya
04-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Well, that is their choice. Not sure why it is a big deal or why we should care about it.

shrewsbury
04-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Not sure why it is a big deal or why we should care about it.

the oppression of women is a big deal and we should care about it. i still don't understand why all the gay and women movements are so afraid of the muslims and other cultures that oppress gays and women

andrewhoya
04-05-2012, 02:41 PM
the oppression of women is a big deal and we should care about it. i still don't understand why all the gay and women movements are so afraid of the muslims and other cultures that oppress gays and women

Thats the way Islam is. It is a male-dominated religion. If the females starting doing untraditional things, it would create chaos because it would be against the Torah or whatever their law code is. I forget.

mrveggieman
04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Thats the way Islam is. It is a male-dominated religion. If the females starting doing untraditional things, it would create chaos because it would be against the Torah or whatever their law code is. I forget.

Muslims go by the Koran. Jews go by the Torah.

shrewsbury
04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
yep, those females are evil, give them some freedom and the whole world will fall apart

it's funny how some of that works.

women should be completely covered because if not they will cause men to have urges, how about the men be men and control their own urges?!!!!!

andrewhoya
04-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Muslims go by the Koran. Jews go by the Torah.
I knew that didnt sound right. Gracias.

yep, those females are evil, give them some freedom and the whole world will fall apart

women should be completely covered because if not they will cause men to have urges, how about the men be men and control their own urges?!!!!!

That's how they view their religion.

mrveggieman
04-05-2012, 02:52 PM

Their reasoning for covering up women is that they believe that a woman's beauty is only for her husband to see. While I do think that their way of thinking is over the top I'm sure that they think that our way of thinking is over the top as well.

shrewsbury
04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
anything that oppresses women is more than over the top, it is flat out wrong. make an excuse of religion or upbringing, it doesn't matter, it is wrong.

andrewhoya
04-05-2012, 03:03 PM
anything that oppresses women is more than over the top, it is flat out wrong. make an excuse of religion or upbringing, it doesn't matter, it is wrong.

Not according to their religion. That is simply your opinion.

duwal
04-05-2012, 03:13 PM

others have had the same argument that you said above about gay and lesbian U.S. citizens not being able to be treated as equals as heterosexuals, either its their religion that says it can not be allowed or that they were brought up by someone else who told them that kind of thing was wrong

Star_Cards
04-05-2012, 03:18 PM

I agree. The fact that it's a religious belief, part of a culture, or any other excuse isn't a reason to make it right.

Star_Cards
04-05-2012, 03:19 PM
others have had the same argument that you said above about gay and lesbian U.S. citizens not being able to be treated as equals as heterosexuals, either its their religion that says it can not be allowed or that they were brought up by someone else who told them that kind of thing was wrong

very correct and yet another way that a religion has been used to try to control people. both instances are wrong.

shrewsbury
04-05-2012, 03:38 PM
there would be a slight difference in not being able to get married (which is the only gay argument about equality) and not being allowed to have your own opinions, not allowed to be educated, and not allowed to even where what you want.

it is way more than an opinion, if that is the case, then lets oppress your mom, sisters, aunts, grandma, and wives, then see how it is only your opinion.

there should be no religion that does not allow you to be you, but be under the direct law of a superior gender

this is male ego at its highest

Star_Cards
04-05-2012, 03:53 PM
there would be a slight difference in not being able to get married (which is the only gay argument about equality) and not being allowed to have your own opinions, not allowed to be educated, and not allowed to even where what you want.

it is way more than an opinion, if that is the case, then lets oppress your mom, sisters, aunts, grandma, and wives, then see how it is only your opinion.

there should be no religion that does not allow you to be you, but be under the direct law of a superior gender

this is male ego at its highest

I definitely agree that the two examples of the oppression are very drastic, but there's still oppression. I'd much rather be a gay person in the U.S. than a woman in saudi arabia.

mrveggieman
04-05-2012, 04:05 PM
I definitely agree that the two examples of the oppression are very drastic, but there's still oppression. I'd much rather be a gay person in the U.S. than a woman in saudi arabia.

Imagine all the hell you would have to go through if you were gay and lived in Saudi Arabia. :frusty:

andrewhoya
04-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Imagine all the hell you would have to go through if you were gay and lived in Saudi Arabia. :frusty:

How about a lesbian in Saudi Arabia?

angel0430
04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
This is not a big deal and we all should be used to this from muslims countries. That is their law and the way they operate.