PDA

View Full Version : Interacial Dating

mrveggieman
04-06-2012, 12:13 PM
What are your thoughts on interracial dating? Have you or would you consider dating outside of your race? Why or why not? What your family and close friends have a problem with you dating outside of your race. Be honest. All opinions are welcome.

MadMan1978
04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
this topic In my opinion is really bad taste

shrewsbury
04-06-2012, 12:16 PM
being married i can't date.but people can date whomever there want. your race doesn't make you a jerk, you do.

we have a few friends that are in interracial relationships, no big deal.

mrveggieman
04-06-2012, 12:17 PM

I apologize. I just wanted to get the groups thoughts and opinions. If you feel this is going to be a problem feel free to close.

shrewsbury
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
really, why should this be closed, if someone doesn't like it, don't comment or read it.

Star_Cards
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I date outside my race and will continue doing so. I've never really thought about it in the terms of what my family or friends would think. My group of friends is pretty diverse so it wouldn't be an issue. My family wouldn't have an issue either.

I will say that I've never been in a serious relationship with someone of another race but that has to do with individuals and not race. I'll also add that some interracial couples are still more noticed than others depending on which two races are dating.

Star_Cards
04-06-2012, 12:21 PM

why? I don't find it in bad taste. Some people won't date outside of their race for many reasons and some don't have any reason not to. why not discuss?

better than yapping about politics and religion all of the time.

mrveggieman
04-06-2012, 12:30 PM
If it pleases the group I would like to add my two cents. A woman is going to be a woman regardless of her race. A black/white/latino/asian/indian/etc woman can be a complete knucklehead or she can be a real sweetheart. I have dated outside of my race in the past and make no bones about it. Although my wife and I are both black if I was a single man and a woman who was not black caught my eye I would have no problem getting to know her.

duwal
04-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I am white but have no problem with dating or being intimate with a beautiful black woman or sexy latina woman

tsjct
04-06-2012, 01:22 PM
I have no problem at all with it. I am married to a white woman but if i was single and found a black, hispanic, asian, etc that i found attractive i would date with no thought about the color of the skin. I see the person for the person and not the color of the skin.

andrewhoya
04-06-2012, 01:43 PM
I have no problem with it but am not particularly attracted to people outside of my race.

tndcollectables
04-06-2012, 01:54 PM
When I was in the Army I went out with all types, it didn't matter to me. Its what is inside a person that makes them who they are. I went out with a gal one time that I thought was really nice. When I really got to know her the date ended quickly.

BGT Masters
04-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I've been with the same girl for over 10 years so I really have never had much of a chance to date. However I see no problem with it, and find women of all races attractive and really don't prefer any particular race.

pspstatus
04-06-2012, 02:42 PM
I have no problem with interracial dating. I believe beautiful women come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

mrveggieman
04-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Funny story several years ago when I used to live up north before I got with my wife I dated a white girl who came up to see me and she bought her daughter with her that she had with another black guy. The baby looked more like me than she did her own mother even though it was not my child because I met her after she already had her baby. We were outside and a guy that I worked with happened to drive by. He thought that was my daughter. This wasn't relevant to the topic just an interesting story that happened to me.

Star_Cards
04-06-2012, 03:04 PM
My older brother married a white woman who had two kids (girl and boy) from her previous marriage to a black man. When they would go out to dinner a lot of servers thought they were on a double date and would ask if the check should be split as such.

themanishere
04-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Aside from my personal view that it shouldn't matter, it is still interesting that there are certain cultural perceptions that affect the way people date.

As an example, as a Latino it's strange to note that most Latina women (in my experience and my family's experience) only date white guys or "very Latino" guys. Just one of those peculiar phenomena that I have observed.

mrveggieman
04-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Aside from my personal view that it shouldn't matter, it is still interesting that there are certain cultural perceptions that affect the way people date.

As an example, as a Latino it's strange to note that most Latina women (in my experience and my family's experience) only date white guys or "very Latino" guys. Just one of those peculiar phenomena that I have observed.

Interesting. Ya'll are going to laugh at me for asking but what is a "very latino" guy?

themanishere
04-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Interesting. Ya'll are going to laugh at me for asking but what is a "very latino" guy?

Basically a very stereotypical Latino - guys who like lowriders, have tons of tattoos, dress like cholos, shaved head, etc.

I see it as something that reinforces the "raw" Latino culture - Latinas want that kind of familiarity. And on the other side, you're almost ridiculed if you're an educated Latino, as if you think you're too good to be a "true Latino" by getting a degree and all. (From personal experience, hah.)

mrveggieman
04-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Basically a very stereotypical Latino - guys who like lowriders, have tons of tattoos, dress like cholos, shaved head, etc.

I see it as something that reinforces the "raw" Latino culture - Latinas want that kind of familiarity. And on the other side, you're almost ridiculed if you're an educated Latino, as if you think you're too good to be a "true Latino" by getting a degree and all. (From personal experience, hah.)

Got ya. :winking0071:

tutall
04-07-2012, 09:38 AM
I personally dont have a problem with it... Probably never would as I have found very few people of other race in general that I have anything in common with, male or female. In the town I work in however it is very looked down upon. Ionce had a manager who was dating a black man and did not put a picture up of him because of the things people would say. It is just ridiculous but I guess thats what happens when you live in a small town of 6 thousand people and have only a couple non-white familes that live there.

DunkingDurant35
04-07-2012, 11:36 AM
^ Yeah, when I lived in east Tennessee, people often freaked out over any kind of interracial relationship. Here in southwestern Missouri, they exist, and most people aren't bothered by it.

One interesting phenomenon is there is a disparity between black/white relationships and white/Asian relationships across gender lines - I think it was roughly 75/25 in favor of black males and white females vs. black females and white males, along with 75/25 in favor of white males and Asian females vs. Asian males and white females. I don't know if there are disparities among whites with Native Americans or Latinos.

Anyway, the U.S. is a land of so many mixed race people anyway (I am part Native American on both sides of my family even though it isn't really expressed in my phenotype), so prejudice is just silly. Quality of the person should always matter the most.

AUTaxMan
04-07-2012, 11:59 AM
No problem with it at all.

*censored*
04-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Don't care. I'm married so I can't, but if I wasn't, I would be open to it.

However, my family is another story. My dad is opposed to it, as is my maternal grandfather. So I would do it, but much of my family wouldn't be too accepting of it.

habsheaven
04-08-2012, 07:23 AM
I have no problem with interracial dating. I believe beautiful women come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it too.

shrewsbury
04-08-2012, 10:12 AM
hey, how can nearly all of us agree on something?

getting crazy around here!!!!!

whereisreggienobl
04-09-2012, 01:35 AM
im an equal opportunity dater. But if it's between two equal women, one black and the other white, i'm gonna choose the black woman.

mrveggieman
04-09-2012, 08:36 AM
I know this is kind of old but check out the pics of Dirk's beautiful black girlfriend.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/06/pics-jessica-olsson-dirk-nowitzkis-girlfriend-is-a-sister-kind-of/

jlzinck
04-09-2012, 12:15 PM
I find the whole sociology/psychology aspect of it "interesting"

I surround myself with people I like, people who I find interesting and people who are the exact polar opposite of me.

My daughter, from what I can tell, only dates black men as does one or her best friends from high school. 2 other girls in the same group married white men. The 4 girls never go out as a couples group...only the girls together.

My sister in law married a black man. Whenever we have gone to a function my wife and I are the ONLY non interracial couple. I find this amazing. My 2 nephews only talk about white girls in their school even though the scool system is less that 50% white. Almost like this is how the SHOULD be looking for girls in the future.

As for my daughter. She doesn't date "hood" black guys but ones who dress like the guy that used to hold the umbrella for Sean Combs. Preppy black guys.

We've told here we don't care who she dates as long as they are good people.

Were I live on Cape Cod there are many interracial couples but what are about as rare as a needle in a haystack is finding a white guy/black girl and asian man/white woman.

mrveggieman
04-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I find the whole sociology/psychology aspect of it "interesting"

I surround myself with people I like, people who I find interesting and people who are the exact polar opposite of me.

My daughter, from what I can tell, only dates black men as does one or her best friends from high school. 2 other girls in the same group married white men. The 4 girls never go out as a couples group...only the girls together.

My sister in law married a black man. Whenever we have gone to a function my wife and I are the ONLY non interracial couple. I find this amazing. My 2 nephews only talk about white girls in their school even though the scool system is less that 50% white. Almost like this is how the SHOULD be looking for girls in the future.

As for my daughter. She doesn't date "hood" black guys but ones who dress like the guy that used to hold the umbrella for Sean Combs. Preppy black guys.

We've told here we don't care who she dates as long as they are good people.

Were I live on Cape Cod there are many interracial couples but what are about as rare as a needle in a haystack is finding a white guy/black girl and asian man/white woman.

Interesting. As much as I want to say something I'm not going to comment on the "hood" or the guy that would hold the umbrella for Puffy. I will say this when I was in college there was a seminar on cultural diversity. The speaker used an example of 3 different white men from the united states that could all be different culturally. The same anology could be used for the brother from the hood or the brother who holds puffy's umbrella. Bottom line go with whoever you like.

centrehice
04-09-2012, 06:31 PM
We are all humans, climb on or off anything you like, as long as it's not a child.