PDA

View Full Version : 90 Iraqi students killed for having "strange hair & tight clothes"

pwaldo
04-06-2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112960/90-students-Iraq-stoned-death-having-Emo-hair-tight-clothes.html

Youngsters in Iraq are being stoned to death for having haircuts and wearing clothes that emulate the ‘emo’ style popular among western teenagers.

At least 14 youths have been killed in the capital Baghdad in the past three weeks in what appears to be a campaign by Shia militants.

Militants in Shia neighbourhoods, where the stonings have taken place, circulated lists yesterday naming more youths targeted to be killed if they do not change the way they dress.

Iraq's Moral Police released a statement on the interior ministry's website condemning the 'emo phenomenon' among Iraqi youth, declaring its intent to 'eliminate' the trend.

The move is part of a wider clampdown on young people taking on what government officials call 'Western appearances' in Iraq.

'The Emo phenomenon or devil worshipping is being followed by the Moral Police who have the approval to eliminate (the phenomenon) as soon as possible since it's detrimentally affecting the society and becoming a danger,' the statement read.

'They wear strange, tight clothes that have pictures on them such as skulls and use stationary that are shaped as skulls. They also wear rings on their noses and tongues, and do other strange activities.'

A group of armed men dressed in civilian clothing led dozens of teenagers to secluded areas a few days ago, stoned them to death, and then disposed their bodies in garbage dumpsters across the capital, according to activists, activists told the Cairo-based al-Akhbar website.

The armed men are said to belong to 'one of the most extremist religious groups' in Iraq.

'First they throw concrete blocks at the boy's arms, then at his legs, then the final blow is to his head, and if he is not dead then, they start all over again,' one person who managed to escape told Al-Akhbar.

Iraq's moral police was granted approval by the Ministry of Education to enter Baghdad schools and pinpoint students with such appearances, according to the interior ministry's statement.

The exact death toll remains unclear, but Hana al-Bayaty of Brussels Tribunal, an NGO dealing with Iraqi issues, said the current figure ranges 'between 90 and 100.'

whereisreggienobl
04-06-2012, 07:34 PM
A straight up hit list for those who do not fall in line and comply. Maybe we should send in some drone strikes to take care of the bad guys.

shrewsbury
04-06-2012, 09:40 PM
sounds like a plan

theonedru
04-06-2012, 10:26 PM
A straight up hit list for those who do not fall in line and comply. Maybe we should send in some drone strikes to take care of the bad guys.

Why judge so harshly when we are not much better than them....

shrewsbury
04-06-2012, 11:48 PM
so murdering children for how they look is ok?

i can personally say i am way better than that

ensbergcollector
04-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Why judge so harshly when we are not much better than them....

smh...

DaClyde
04-07-2012, 11:37 AM
The Emo phenomenon or devil worshipping
Talk about lumping to polar opposite things together!

since it's detrimentally affecting the society and becoming a danger
But the government sanctioned murdering children is perfectly within their societal norms? Iraq now seems to be worse off than before Saddam Hussein was deposed. At least then they had an infrastructure. Now their country is in ruins and they just have a different set of idiots murdering the populace.

MadMan1978
04-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Why is this news today?

For a practice that has been happening in that culture for years?

And now you are outraged?

TitansFan
04-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Yes.. It is unfortunate that this happens. When I was in Iraq I heard of things way worse than this happening. People including children are put to death for breaking laws that you and I get a slap on the wrist a court fine for.

Again.. its unfortunate that it happens, and it makes me sick, but that is how they have operated for decades.

duane1969
04-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Where are the good Muslims that are standing up against this type of activity?

I ask because everytime an issue involving good Muslims being lumped into one group with extremist Muslims comes up there are people rushing to their defense and saying that extremist Muslims are the minority and that the majority of Muslims are good people. Where is the majority on this?

shrewsbury
04-07-2012, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE]Where is the majority on this?[QUOTE]

getting stoned out back?

pspstatus
04-07-2012, 07:29 PM
[quote]Where is the majority on this?[quote]

getting stoned out back?

Or afraid of getting stoned.

TheTGB
04-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Or too stoned to do anything about it?

Heh.

In all seriousness though, it's been happening for years. I think it's become such a common thing that it's kind of accepted by most of those in the country. There are things most of those who haven't lived or experienced the culture just will never comprehend.

shrewsbury
04-07-2012, 10:25 PM
then thank god i was born where i was born, i am who i am, and believe what i believe.

to kill a child would be hard to live with, to kill multiple children would be harder, to kill them with cement blocks is unimaginable to live with, to do all of it because of their fashion sense? i could not live

you are a horrible person if you do this and you could not supply any reason that would make that fact different