PDA

View Full Version : Generally, people have no clue ...

mikesilvia
04-07-2012, 08:35 PM
When it comes to political movements.

Exhibit A ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUP9Jm9SqvY

mikesilvia
04-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Exhibit B ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw

DunkingDurant35
04-07-2012, 09:07 PM
lol. That is why reading helps. I knew what suffrage meant by the time I was 14 years old.

duane1969
04-08-2012, 10:35 AM
In the first video, there is no excuse. He is even laughing at them as they sign.

In the second video, there is an excuse. Calling water Dihydrogen Monoxide is at least deceptive since that is not the generally used term for H2O. I wouldn't have known what it was and I am neither a pothead hippie or uneducated.

But I agree, most people have no idea what they are for or against or why they are for/against it.

mikesilvia
04-08-2012, 10:57 AM
In the first video, there is no excuse. He is even laughing at them as they sign.

In the second video, there is an excuse. Calling water Dihydrogen Monoxide is at least deceptive since that is not the generally used term for H2O. I wouldn't have known what it was and I am neither a pothead hippie or uneducated.

But I agree, most people have no idea what they are for or against or why they are for/against it.

Agreed. In the second video, the overall point is no one even asked.

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 11:49 AM
You want to laugh at people who have no clue?
"Talking to Americans"

hawk2618
04-08-2012, 12:09 PM
This coming from a Vanc fan whose fans trashed their city because they lost a series last year.How ironic....hahhaha ~~Dave C.

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 12:16 PM
This coming from a Vanc fan whose fans trashed their city because they lost a series last year.How ironic....hahhaha ~~Dave C.
Oh I get it, because I'm from Kelowna and had nothing to do with the riot. Funny!

Also funny because it's very relevant to the conversation.

I'm just saying it's funny. I'm not saying Americans are stupid, it's quite obvious (if you watch the video before running your stupid mouth) that it's edited to leave out the people who know what he's talking about.

In short your reply has nothing to do with anything. Please leave your idiocy off the boards. My computer can't handle so much of it.

steelers#1fan
04-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Wow! I guess that would include me because I know nothing about Canada, nor do I wish to. lol...
You want to laugh at people who have no clue?
"Talking to Americans"

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 12:43 PM
The absolute funniest part is that you have no idea what irony actually is.
Hahahahahahahahaha

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Wow! I guess that would include me because I know nothing about Canada, nor do I wish to. lol...
Do you think we need domes over our government igloos?

As for not wanting to...at least you get the choice. It's sad to see you choose ignorance, but hey to each his own.

steelers#1fan
04-08-2012, 01:14 PM
No ignorance about it. Just like you said, it's my choice. There is nothing about Canada that interests me. Just because I'm not interested something that doesn't make me ignorant. I'm sure there are things you are not interested in, correct?

Do you think we need domes over our government igloos?

As for not wanting to...at least you get the choice. It's sad to see you choose ignorance, but hey to each his own.

steelers#1fan
04-08-2012, 01:16 PM
By the way, this could get you an infraction......
Oh I get it, because I'm from Kelowna and had nothing to do with the riot. Funny!

Also funny because it's very relevant to the conversation.

I'm just saying it's funny. I'm not saying Americans are stupid, it's quite obvious (if you watch the video before running your stupid mouth) that it's edited to leave out the people who know what he's talking about.

In short your reply has nothing to do with anything. Please leave your idiocy off the boards. My computer can't handle so much of it.

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Call it what you want, it's still ignorance. As in you ignore Canada because you don't care and there for don't know anything about it. In other words, you are ignorant.

No offense but a couple of people here need to open a dictionary.

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 01:17 PM
By the way, h his post should be an infraction because it is completely off topic and irrelevant.

steelers#1fan
04-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Somebody needs to proofread. lol... I guess we need to stop nitpicking. Nobody is perfect. Perfect... Simple Plan! I do like something about Canada! lol...
By the way, h his post should be an infraction because it is completely off topic and irrelevant.

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Somebody needs to proofread. lol... I guess we need to stop nitpicking. Nobody is perfect. Perfect... Simple Plan! I do like something about Canada! lol...
Ugh, you picked the worst part of it...Well second worst, at least you did say Hedley, haha.

And there's no nitpicking at all. I fail to see how his post is relevant to anything, other than the fact he doesn't know what irony is:confused0024:

steelers#1fan
04-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Actually I was talking about the dictionary/proofreading part. Sometimes people get wrapped up in the moment and type like mad before they lose their train of thought, often times misspelling the simplest words, or adding a single letter that shouldn't be. lol...
OK, educate me. Tell me something about your beloved Canada that would interest me. Something that really interests you!

Ugh, you picked the worst part of it...Well second worst, at least you did say Hedley, haha.

And there's no nitpicking at all. I fail to see how his post is relevant to anything, other than the fact he doesn't know what irony is:confused0024:

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm not talking about spelling or grammar, I'm talking about definition. So far we've had one person display the fact he doesn't know what irony means and another who displayed his ignorance of the meaning of ignorance (see what I did there? Not as easy as it looks ;) )

As for the Canada bit, I'm not here to educate you. All I did was mention something I think is funny. You can tell a lot of Americans anything you want to about Canada ("Our government igloos need dome so they don't melt", "We just got electricity last week") and they will believe it. Personally, when I lived on the Can/Am border, there were actually people coming to Canada in August with skis on their roof dressed in parkas. Americans are hilarious sometimes in their complete ignorance of the country right next door to them.

Go ahead, be ignorant, I really don't care. Just don't be surprised when Canadians think you're ridiculous for it. Not that a Canadian would ever say it. That would be impolite.

steelers#1fan
04-08-2012, 02:39 PM
You, my northern neighbor, are taking this to the extreme! I mention I'm not interested in learning about Canada and you call me ignorant!? You're ignorant for not respecting my views, plain and simple! As far as Americans being ignorant in your eyes, that just shows the ignorance in you! The examples you gave me are pure ignorance! The more you get miffed the more your true feelings come out. Enlighten us more with your "ignorant American" rhetoric. I'm sure the mostly American audience on here will appreciate your views!
As for educating me, I was serious about hearing something about Canada that interested you. I enjoy looking things up on the PC. But I'm ignorant!?

I'm not talking about spelling or grammar, I'm talking about definition. So far we've had one person display the fact he doesn't know what irony means and another who displayed his ignorance of the meaning of ignorance (see what I did there? Not as easy as it looks ;) )

As for the Canada bit, I'm not here to educate you. All I did was mention something I think is funny. You can tell a lot of Americans anything you want to about Canada ("Our government igloos need dome so they don't melt", "We just got electricity last week") and they will believe it. Personally, when I lived on the Can/Am border, there were actually people coming to Canada in August with skis on their roof dressed in parkas. Americans are hilarious sometimes in their complete ignorance of the country right next door to them.

Go ahead, be ignorant, I really don't care. Just don't be surprised when Canadians think you're ridiculous for it. Not that a Canadian would ever say it. That would be impolite.

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Again I have to ask you to look up the definition of ignorant.

If you don't know about something you are ignorant of that subject. Pretty simple no need to get offended.

And no, I'm not ignorant of respecting your views, that actually impossible. I can be ignorant of your views, if I don't know anything about them, but I can't be ignorant of respecting them. That literally makes absolutely no sense.

English is difficult...

steelers#1fan
04-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Boy you really schooled me there! OK, you can get down off your soap box now. You feel better!?

Again I have to ask you to look up the definition of ignorant.

If you don't know about something you are ignorant of that subject. Pretty simple no need to get offended.

And no, I'm not ignorant of respecting your views, that actually impossible. I can be ignorant of your views, if I don't know anything about them, but I can't be ignorant of respecting them. That literally makes absolutely no sense.

English is difficult...

hawk2618
04-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Well,I didn't watch the video because I can't :) I simply added my 2 cents in because I felt it was the right time after your post.I figured you were being funny,but obviously you weren't.Anyway....you missed my point sorry.I was simply stating "trashing a city because their team lost implies they have "no clue" its just a game!! Someone has to win and someone has to lose.Its not a do or die situation.So I'm pretty sure it fits right into the #1 post ---->Generally, people have no clue ...
~~Dave C.

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Well the city was trashed for a lot of reasons, the finals was just the excuse. It was planned well in advance by a relative few "Anarchists". That doesn't excuse those who allowed themselves to get carried away, but it is what it is.

I also don't for a second believe that was your point. You said it as if it had anything to do with anything. It doesn't, it's off topic and completely unnecessary.

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Boy you really schooled me there! OK, you can get down off your soap box now. You feel better!?
Just don't get in a snit when you don't know what a word means is all.

Jeez have you continued this far enough or do I need to define more words for you.

ETA: By the way, what soap box. You got offended because you didn't know the word. I was just explaining why you were wrong. I apologize if I offended you by explaining myself. Next time I won't defend myself. Say whatever you want, so on and so on.

hawk2618
04-08-2012, 07:16 PM
steelers#1fan (http://www.sportscardforum.com/member.php?u=25417) +1 :)

duane1969
04-08-2012, 09:01 PM
This thread needs to get back on track.

steelers#1fan
04-08-2012, 09:33 PM
One word describes you - condescending. Do you know what it means or do you need me to define it for you.
Just don't get in a snit when you don't know what a word means is all.

Jeez have you continued this far enough or do I need to define more words for you.

ETA: By the way, what soap box. You got offended because you didn't know the word. I was just explaining why you were wrong. I apologize if I offended you by explaining myself. Next time I won't defend myself. Say whatever you want, so on and so on.

Wickabee
04-08-2012, 09:36 PM
One word describes you - condescending. Do you know what it means or do you need me to define it for you.
No, I know what it means. If pointing out misuse of a word makes me condescending, then I guess I'm condescending.

I guess the internet has officially killed any respect for the English language.