PDA

View Full Version : Voter ID laws are racist and needless

AUTaxMan
04-09-2012, 12:14 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/08/DC-Polling-Place-Holder-Ballot

shrewsbury
04-09-2012, 12:37 PM
and why are they racist

the fact that saying minorities can't afford an ID is racist
not the fact that someone should have an ID to vote

so the people against this are really the racist?

duane1969
04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Nope. There is no chance of voter fraud in America. Asking people to be able to confirm who they are is just silly.

mrveggieman
04-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I want to know where was all the confirmed voter fraud. There were confirned cases of voter intimiditation in 2000 when gwb stole the election but I never saw the gov't doing anything to fight that. Now all of a sudden they want everyone to produce an id to fight fraud that never existed. Get out of here.

Wickabee
04-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Seems the post was deleted and reposted properly...

mikesilvia
04-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Here are dead people voting:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?index=2&amp;list=UUL9PlYkRD3Q-RZca6CCnPKw&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mikesilvia
04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Tim Tebow and Tom Brady ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?index=4&amp;list=UUL9PlYkRD3Q-RZca6CCnPKw&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

angel0430
04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I have to agree that regardless of if we like them or not, we do need some from of way of telling if that vote is legal or not. There is nothing racist about it. It is as simple as getting some voter ID card. It should not take that long and it should be hassle free. There is no need for complaining. The people that complain, are mostly people that either are not legally in here or they have some sort of trouble with the law and this can make them more vulnerable to getr caught.

mikesilvia
04-09-2012, 03:14 PM
I want to know where was all the confirmed voter fraud. There were confirned cases of voter intimiditation in 2000 when gwb stole the election but I never saw the gov't doing anything to fight that. Now all of a sudden they want everyone to produce an id to fight fraud that never existed. Get out of here.

You sound just like Eric Holder in the video! :)

duane1969
04-09-2012, 03:52 PM

The whole Bush stole the elction thing is a bunch of baloney and is becoming another of those lame liberal complaints. It went all the way to the Supreme Court and was dealt with. Try Googling Bush v. Gore.

Also, the whole "all of a sudden" comment also proves you know little about the history of efforts to create a requirement for ID to vote. As far back as 1999 (that is right, when that evil Bush guy was in office) states like Virginia were trying to pass voter ID laws.

shrewsbury
04-09-2012, 04:07 PM
if you are of voting age why would you not have some form of ID?

i am baffled by this

AUTaxMan
04-09-2012, 04:56 PM
if you are of voting age why would you not have some form of ID?

i am baffled by this

If you can't manage to accomplish the simple task of obtaining some form of official ID, should you have the right to vote? I say no.

pghin08
04-09-2012, 05:01 PM
The whole Bush stole the elction thing is a bunch of baloney and is becoming another of those lame liberal complaints. It went all the way to the Supreme Court and was dealt with. Try Googling Bush v. Gore.

Also, the whole "all of a sudden" comment also proves you know little about the history of efforts to create a requirement for ID to vote. As far back as 1999 (that is right, when that evil Bush guy was in office) states like Virginia were trying to pass voter ID laws.

To be fair, Bush V. Gore was a bizarre Supreme Court case. They even ruled that their decision was "limited to the present circumstance only", basically meaning that they will never use it as any sort of precedent, and nothing they ruled then holds water today. Kind of crappy if you ask me.

To the topic: I have no problem with proving who I am before I vote. Voter fraud exists on both sides, and has been a problem pretty much since this country began.

mrveggieman
04-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I have an ID so I can present it but I do have a problem with someone being charged money for an ID if they don't already have one in order to vote. That is a poll tax and is unconsittutional.

AUTaxMan
04-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Who said anything about poll taxes?

mrveggieman
04-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Who said anything about poll taxes?

If someone has to pay for something that they must have in order to vote that is a poll tax. See the 24th amendment.

shrewsbury
04-09-2012, 05:41 PM
isn't like healthcare or car insurance, you have to have an ID

how can you do anything without an ID

AUTaxMan
04-09-2012, 05:45 PM
If someone has to pay for something that they must have in order to vote that is a poll tax. See the 24th amendment.

Who said anything about anyone paying for an ID?

mikesilvia
04-09-2012, 06:23 PM
You always have another issue to bring up, don't you? We get taxed for breathing (income tax), buying a car (sales tax), registering a car and in my state excise tax. I get taxed for parking (meter),...

INTIMADATOR2007
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
You sound just like Eric Holder in the video! :)

double post..