PDA

View Full Version : Will Clinton be Obama's VP?

mikesilvia
04-11-2012, 09:37 PM
I bet someone a lunch that Hillary Clinton will be Obama's VP choice. I feel it locks up Obama's chances of getting re-elected, no?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKT_wMSGVPin14w0O6f49Lh1pvvIUm7 gZaY8CbPrgIHfMRhYvEuift4Z_Xeg

habsheaven
04-11-2012, 09:38 PM
I will take that bet. Obama has no reason to change anything.

mikesilvia
04-11-2012, 10:09 PM
I will take that bet. Obama has no reason to change anything.

I didn't say the bet is an open bet. I stated I made a bet with a friend. :)

So, if you have a winning hockey team and have a chance to add someone that will obviously help you win, you wouldn't change anything?

There is a reason why teams trade for players leading into the playoffs. The try to increase their chances of winning.

Hilliary Clinton adds a LOT more value than Biden does the the Obama campaign. Do you disagree with that?

Do I think it is likely? No. Do I think it would be a smart move? Yes.

habsheaven
04-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Darn!! Thought I had a free lunch coming my way :)

I think I agree that Clinton would add value to the ticket BUT what signal would a change that drastic send to the electorate? Even though I think Romney is by far Obama's toughest challenge I still don't believe he has a chance of beating Obama.

TheTGB
04-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree Mike. Putting Hillary as Secretary of State was a strategic move from the beginning to give her more credibility as the VP when he ran for re-election.

That would also give Hillary the experience needed for the Dems to have a great front runner for 2016 as well.

At least, that was my thoughts when he appointed her Secretary of State 4 years ago.

mikesilvia
04-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I agree Mike. Putting Hillary as Secretary of State was a strategic move from the beginning to give her more credibility as the VP when he ran for re-election.

That would also give Hillary the experience needed for the Dems to have a great front runner for 2016 as well.

At least, that was my thoughts when he appointed her Secretary of State 4 years ago.

That is my thought as well. Obama for 8 years and Hillary for the next 8. Get's Bill on the campaign trail as well. It's an all-star cast in my view.

mrveggieman
04-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Personally I do not care for hillary clinton and hopes that President Obama keeps VP Biden.

duane1969
04-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Did I miss something? Is Biden stepping aside as VP? It would be unprecedented for a sitting POTUS to replace his Veep without good cause.

pghin08
04-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Did I miss something? Is Biden stepping aside as VP? It would be unprecedented for a sitting POTUS to replace his Veep without good cause.

I've got a good cause, Biden sucks and Hilary is awesome.

Star_Cards
04-12-2012, 08:35 AM
I would be surprised with a change in VP. I also don't care for hillary and would not like her as an option the next election.

duane1969
04-12-2012, 08:40 AM
I've got a good cause, Biden sucks and Hilary is awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I think Biden is an idiot. I just don't see Obama replacing Biden for one simple reason, it will give major ammunition to the right. I know if I was a GOP strategist and Obama replaced Biden then minutes after he announced it I would run a TV ad that says...

"Do you really want Obama making decisions for our country for four more years when he can't even make the right decision/make up his mind on who he wants to be his vice president?"

pghin08
04-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think Biden is an idiot. I just don't see Obama replacing Biden for one simple reason, it will give major ammunition to the right. I know if I was a GOP strategist and Obama replaced Biden then minutes after he announced it I would run a TV ad that says...

"Do you really want Obama making decisions for our country for four more years when he can't even make the right decision/make up his mind on who he wants to be his vice president?"

Oh I know, I just wish it could happen.

mikesilvia
04-12-2012, 11:00 AM

Yes, but as a chess player, I'd prefer the GOP to be attacking Biden and not Obama.

You have to way the pros and cons. I still think the pros out way the cons in a big way. Biden could have a GREAT excuse. He could say he wants to spend time with family. If the GOP attacked him on that they would be attacking a guy wanting to spend time with family.