PDA

View Full Version : Hilary Rosen's comments on Ann Romney

pghin08
04-12-2012, 09:55 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/12/democrats-comment-about-ann-romney-creates-firestorm-on-twitter/?hpt=hp_t2

Dude. Not cool.

tsjct
04-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I wonder if CNN, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, Etc will cover this story?? I would make a small bet they do not.

habsheaven
04-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Her comment, taken out of context, appears bad. If you put it in context though, she has a point. The wife of an extremely wealthy man really does not have an understanding of what everyday women have to deal with.

habsheaven
04-12-2012, 10:07 AM
I wonder if CNN, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, Etc will cover this story?? I would make a small bet they do not.

Did you look at the story? It's on CNN.

duane1969
04-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Just stupid. She just offended every stay-at-home mom in America.

What is more, Michelle Obama attended college at Princeton and Harvard and worked at a law firm. I wouldn't exactly say that Mrs. Obama has "dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing" either. Somehow I find it hard to imagine the Mrs. Obama has had to worry about how to feed her kids or send them to school.

All Rosen has done is prove what a blubbering idiot she is.

pghin08
04-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Just stupid. She just offended every stay-at-home mom in America.

What is more, Michelle Obama attended college at Princeton and Harvard and worked at a law firm. I wouldn't exactly say that Mrs. Obama has "dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing" either. Somehow I find it hard to imagine the Mrs. Obama has had to worry about how to feed her kids or send them to school.

All Rosen has done is prove what a blubbering idiot she is.

Pretty much. I don't have kids, but I know how much of a pain in the backside I was as a kid, and if my mom would've been a stay-at-home mom, I would say that she had an insanely tough job.

tsjct
04-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Her comment, taken out of context, appears bad. If you put it in context though, she has a point. The wife of an extremely wealthy man really does not have an understanding of what everyday women have to deal with.

LOL. You mean just because your married to a wealthy man means you do not know what everyday women deal with? Your post keep showing your elitist views.

mrveggieman
04-12-2012, 10:11 AM
I don't really see a problem with her comments. Romney's wife is a stay at home mom and see's the world from that prespective but she has no idea what it is like to have to go to a 9-5 everyday and have to be breadwinner or co-breadwinner.

tsjct
04-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't really see a problem with her comments. Romney's wife is a stay at home mom and see's the world from that prespective but she has no idea what it is like to have to go to a 9-5 everyday and have to be breadwinner or co-breadwinner.

of course you do not because jealousy can cause blindness to the real facts. My wife is a stay home mom and she works her butt off every day. Her job is not from 9-5 its from 6AM till the little one goes to bed. I would love to see some of you guys try it for one week. She loves doing it and never gripes about it.

pghin08
04-12-2012, 10:15 AM

But it doesn't make her opinion baseless. I'm sure Ann Romney has talked to more people about the economy (remember, wife of a former governor and presidential candidate) than anyone else on here has. It's not like she's saying she's struggled for money at any point in her life, she's basically just saying she knows lots of women who have.

pghin08
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
of course you do not because jealousy can cause blindness to the real facts. My wife is a stay home mom and she works her butt off every day. Her job is not from 9-5 its from 6AM till the little one goes to bed. I would love to see some of you guys try it for one week. She loves doing it and never gripes about it.

I would be the worst stay-at-home mom ever.

mrveggieman
04-12-2012, 10:20 AM

Now don't get me wrong I know for a fact being a parent is the hardest job in the world but you and your wife should count your blessings that ya'll can live comfortably off just your income. Most people in today's day and time cannot afford for one spouse not to work.

mikesilvia
04-12-2012, 10:23 AM
This is the REAL war on women. The attacks on Romney's wife is just one attack of many on women. Remember Heinz Kerry's attack on Laura Bush?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-10-20-heinz-kerry_x.htm

Teresa Heinz Kerry told a newspaper she doesn't know if Laura Bush has ever had "a real job." She apologized Wednesday for having forgotten about the first lady's 10-year stint as a schoolteacher and librarian.

Elitist Democrat women don't see house wives, school teachers, etc. as "real jobs." Raising a kid is NOT a real job to them. Democrat politicians look down on women that stay home for religious or family reason.

I remember Hillary Clinton's campaign promise of providing government funds for pre-kindergarden. Literally, Democrat female politicains want the government to take over raising your kids right out of the womb. They don't think women should stay home and raise the kids. The ultra-feminist movement is so blind with breaking the "glass ceiling" and "abortion on demand" that they forget that raising a kid is the MOST important job in America. Crime, economics, and just about everything else stems from BAD parenting.

Women like Rosen, Heinz Kerry, and Clinton look down on the average stay home mom. They don't consider raising our kids important and a REAL job. That is the real attack on women.

duane1969
04-12-2012, 10:25 AM
this is the real war on women. The attacks on romney's wife is just one attack of many on women. Remember heinz kerry's attack on laura bush?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-10-20-heinz-kerry_x.htm

elitist democrat women don't see house wives, school teachers, etc. As "real jobs." raising a kid is not a real job to them. Democrat politicians look down on women that stay home for religious or family reason.

I remember hillary clinton's campaign promise of providing government funds for pre-kindergarden. Literally, democrat female politicains want the government to take over raising your kids right out of the womb. They don't think women should stay home and raise the kids. The ultra-feminist movement is so blind with breaking the "glass ceiling" and "abortion on demand" that they forget that raising a kid is the most important job in america. Crime, economics, and just about everything else stems from bad parenting.

Women like rosen, heinz kerry, and clinton look down on the average stay home mom. They don't consider raising our kids important and a real job. That is the real attack on women.

+1000000000000

tsjct
04-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Now don't get me wrong I know for a fact being a parent is the hardest job in the world but you and your wife should count your blessings that ya'll can live comfortably off just your income. Most people in today's day and time cannot afford for one spouse not to work.

I will agree she is blessed but when we first married she was the bread winner and i was very fortunate when i took a chance and started my own business 12 years ago and it has done ok. We do feel we are lucky that she can stay home and be a taxi mom, soccer mom, etc. But she is a very very hard working woman whether it be here or at an office. She keeps her RN license up to date for any unseen reason she may have to go back to that.

habsheaven
04-12-2012, 10:27 AM
LOL. You mean just because your married to a wealthy man means you do not know what everyday women deal with? Your post keep showing your elitist views.

Huh? Everyday women deal with household chores, bills, chauffering kids around all day, laying in bed at night discussing where to come up with the money for little Johnny's orthodonics, etc, etc. Elitist views!!! That's laughable.

habsheaven
04-12-2012, 10:31 AM
But it doesn't make her opinion baseless. I'm sure Ann Romney has talked to more people about the economy (remember, wife of a former governor and presidential candidate) than anyone else on here has. It's not like she's saying she's struggled for money at any point in her life, she's basically just saying she knows lots of women who have.

And I am sure Romney himself has too, being a former governor. Using her as his "expert" is nothing more than window dressing because the female electorate rejects him.

duane1969
04-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Calling Ann Romney a "stay-at-home mom" is pretty ignorant by itself. Yes, she stayed home and raised their kids, but thanks to having a wealthy husband and not having to work a 9-5 job she has also been able to be involved in several children's charities and served as a board member for the United Way.

Has Ann Romney been a typical 9-5 woman? No. But neither has Michelle Obama, Hilary Clinton or any of a number of other politician's wives.

What's more, look up Rosen's work history. She has been an editor for HuffPost, an office manager for a PR company and a contributor on CNN. Not only is she a blubbering idiot, she is a full-blown hypocrite too!

ensbergcollector
04-12-2012, 11:04 AM
This is the REAL war on women. The attacks on Romney's wife is just one attack of many on women. Remember Heinz Kerry's attack on Laura Bush?

Elitist Democrat women don't see house wives, school teachers, etc. as "real jobs." Raising a kid is NOT a real job to them. Democrat politicians look down on women that stay home for religious or family reason.

I remember Hillary Clinton's campaign promise of providing government funds for pre-kindergarden. Literally, Democrat female politicains want the government to take over raising your kids right out of the womb. They don't think women should stay home and raise the kids. The ultra-feminist movement is so blind with breaking the "glass ceiling" and "abortion on demand" that they forget that raising a kid is the MOST important job in America. Crime, economics, and just about everything else stems from BAD parenting.

Women like Rosen, Heinz Kerry, and Clinton look down on the average stay home mom. They don't consider raising our kids important and a REAL job. That is the real attack on women.

+1

my wife stays home with our daughter. Not because I make a ton of money but because we sacrifice a ton so that she can. She is constantly looked down upon and has to deal with snide comments.

pghin08
04-12-2012, 11:05 AM
+1

my wife stays home with our daughter. Not because I make a ton of money but because we sacrifice a ton so that she can. She is constantly looked down upon and has to deal with snide comments.

That's really unfortunate. I hate the stay-at-home mom stigma in this country. It's more honorable than 99% of other jobs.

mikesilvia
04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I'll bring out my Freudian cap.

Honestly, I think women that stay home and raise kids are happier than men or women that go to work every day. I think a man can raise kids just as good as women, but let's face it, women carried the child in their womb for 9 months and have a different connection than men.

I'd be curious to see a survey of how mappy men/women that stay home and raise the kids are compared to those that go to work. Let's face it, most people do NOT look forward to going to work.

My point is there must be a bit of jealousy with a women like Rosen and a "I'm better than you" mentality that stems from it.

Let's also examine Rosen's life, since she opened this can of worms:

On January 22, 2003, Rosen announced that she would resign as head of the RIAA at the end of 2003, in order to spend more time with her partner, Elizabeth Birch, and the couple's twins (a boy and a girl). She began a television commentator career first with CNBC and then with MSNBC. She signed with CNN in early 2008. Rosen and Birch separated in 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilary_Rosen

She went back to work two years after she separated from here "partner." Was she forced to head back to work for financial reasons? Did she choose work over her kids? There is likely some animosity to women that 1) get married and have successful relationships and 2) have the time to stay home and raise their kids.

I have a feeling that women like Rosen choose a career over kids and kids just happen. I'm also assuming she is a lesbian since her partner was Elizabeth Birch. She likely also has a problem with Catholics and Mormons because of their intolerance towards gay marriage. It looks like she didn't get married because it wasn't legal at the time.

Let's face it, Democrats treat the gay community much better than Republicans do. What we hear from Rosen on TV is likely PG compared to what her conversations sound like with her friends.

mrveggieman
04-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I think that all of us would love to not have to worry about having to go to a job we hate and be able to spend time with our kids all day but that is not realistic for most if not all of us on here.

Star_Cards
04-12-2012, 11:30 AM
After watching the video I get what she's saying. I think she could have used better words since stay at home moms become very offended when told they haven't "worked a day in their life". Obviously stay at home parenting is work, but I see her point more as saying that she's hardly a source for Romney to look to for connecting to the average woman in america. I don't think that Ann Romney isn't relatable to the average woman because she's a stay at home mom and hasn't worked a typical 8-5 job like a lot of people do. I think she's unlike the average woman because of the Romney lifestyle.

I'd probably bet that Ann Romney has had employment and probably does a lot of work for charities and such on top of raising her kids. I just don't think Mitt can say he can relate to woman through his wife's experiences. However, are there many men who can relate to woman? I really don't see the issue myself. What typical man who runs for president has ever been all that relatable to women?

mikesilvia
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
After watching the video I get what she's saying. I think she could have used better words since stay at home moms become very offended when told they haven't "worked a day in their life". Obviously stay at home parenting is work, but I see her point more as saying that she's hardly a source for Romney to look to for connecting to the average woman in america. I don't think that Ann Romney isn't relatable to the average woman because she's a stay at home mom and hasn't worked a typical 8-5 job like a lot of people do. I think she's unlike the average woman because of the Romney lifestyle.

I'd probably bet that Ann Romney has had employment and probably does a lot of work for charities and such on top of raising her kids. I just don't think Mitt can say he can relate to woman through his wife's experiences. However, are there many men who can relate to woman? I really don't see the issue myself. What typical man who runs for president has ever been all that relatable to women?

Spot on!

mikesilvia
04-12-2012, 12:20 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-user-polls/post/ann-romney-hilary-rosen-mitt-romney-and-work/2012/04/12/gIQAfzFiCT_blog.html

94% of people in this poll disagree with Rosen.

habsheaven
04-12-2012, 12:59 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-user-polls/post/ann-romney-hilary-rosen-mitt-romney-and-work/2012/04/12/gIQAfzFiCT_blog.html

94% of people in this poll disagree with Rosen.

I wouldn't be able to vote in that poll because I think both statements are true.