04-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Your thoughts:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/michael-vick-calls-ala-1419076.html

duane1969
04-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Further proof that intellect is not needed to capitalize on athletic ability

ensbergcollector
04-17-2012, 12:10 PM
sometimes, even if you think something, the best idea is not to share it.

AThrash37DSnyder
04-17-2012, 12:15 PM
I am glad he said something

What the hell is $50 going to do anything to prevent this??

What a complete moranic joke of a "law"

Star_Cards
04-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't get the reaction that he shouldn't have said anything. I like it. He obviously has a national platform and even with his history he can effect change by speaking up. I get that some can say it's hypocritical, but to me it goes to support that he has changed his views from what they used to be before he was arrested. Animal rights groups still may have an issue with Vick, but he has way more celebrity to bring issues like this nationally. Had some other person spoke up about this it probably wouldn't be much of a story.

pghin08
04-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't get the reaction that he shouldn't have said anything. I like it. He obviously has a national platform and even with his history he can effect change by speaking up. I get that some can say it's hypocritical, but to me it goes to support that he has changed his views from what they used to be before he was arrested. Animal rights groups still may have an issue with Vick, but he has way more celebrity to bring issues like this nationally. Had some other person spoke up about this it probably wouldn't be much of a story.

Exactly.

gladdyontherise
04-17-2012, 04:40 PM
From all accounts, Vick has changed the way he acts and has grown up, so what's wrong with him saying this? He's trying to help stop these kind of things, yet people are gonna rip him for it?

habsheaven
04-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Sometimes duane and ensberg still manage to surprise me with their posts. How anyone can find away to criticize someone who looks like he is legitimately changing his ways is baffling.

ensbergcollector
04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
i wrote too quick and didn't explain. i have nothing wrong with what he said. my point was, pretty much anything on dog fighting is going to open him up to criticism. Sorry for the confusion over my post. I do see why it read that way