PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Bat Question

iamhannah
04-22-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm going to be getting a Matt Kemp autograph next weekend. I want to get a bat signed since I already have a ball. What bat should I get are certain bats better than others? Any recommendations of where to purchase it would be helpful as well. Thanks.

NY Sports Teams
04-22-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm going to be getting a Matt Kemp autograph next weekend. I want to get a bat signed since I already have a ball. What bat should I get are certain bats better than others? Any recommendations of where to purchase it would be helpful as well. Thanks.

He uses a Rawlings Big Stick 460M. With the signing next weekend you might have to use overnight shipping. I always thought a dark bat signed in silver looked best and a blonde signed in blue looks best.

Here is a link for Rawlings Big Stick 460M.

http://www.rawlingsgear.com/baseball/baseball-bats/460map.html

Here is a link for the same bat sold by Upper Deck and autographed.

http://store.upperdeck.com/store/Baseball___Signed_Memorabilia___Bats___Matt_Kemp_A utographed_Rawlings_Big_Stick_Bat___74741?Args=

You could also do a search for Rawlings Big Stick bats if you don't want to pay $99 plus shipping. $69 is pretty reasonable for his graph.

...Rick

iamhannah
04-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Thank you so much for all the information. Like I said this is my first time getting a bat autographed and I had no idea where to start. I really appreciate it. Yeah $69 for Kemp is a reasonable price. Either is signing as well and is more expensive.

Mannywood3
04-22-2012, 11:57 PM
If the bat is black then don't use a sharpie use a deco paint marker.If you want a thin but bold auto go with a fine line silver white or gold but if you want a thick and bold autograph use borad line and the same colors as i mentioned

whodeyalltheway
04-23-2012, 12:08 AM
Depending on the bat color you get I would do a paint pen in dodger blue on a black bat or just blue sharpie on a blonde bat. For a bat that is a dark brown get a silver or gold depending on darkness. But I would recommend using his model for sure.

NY Sports Teams
04-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Thank you so much for all the information. Like I said this is my first time getting a bat autographed and I had no idea where to start. I really appreciate it. Yeah $69 for Kemp is a reasonable price. Either is signing as well and is more expensive.

You're very welcome. That bat would be a nice addition to any collection. Have fun at the signing. If your able, bring a camera to take a picture when the bat is signed and keep the ticket stub for the auto if they let you along with a flyer from the event, just in case in the future you ever want to sell it. It's always nice to remember where/when it was signed because many times you forget when you have a large collection.

I totally agree with the deco paint marker.

...Rick

EDIT: He has also used a X-bat and a Louisville Slugger