PDA

View Full Version : Mein Kampf to be republished in Germany

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Has anyone one here ever read this? I heard that they would also includ anti-nazi commentary in the book.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/24/mein-kampf-germany-bavaria-adolf-hitler-memoir_n_1449870.html?ref=world

pghin08
04-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Don't waste your time, Hitler was a TERRIBLE writer. To be fair, I don't know German, and it may have been a little different in it's traditional language. But in English, it sucks. It's ridiculously racist, basically blaming the Weimar Republic and the Jews for everything bad that ever happened to Germany.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Don't waste your time, Hitler was a TERRIBLE writer. To be fair, I don't know German, and it may have been a little different in it's traditional language. But in English, it sucks. It's ridiculously racist, basically blaming the Weimar Republic and the Jews for everything bad that ever happened to Germany.

Yeah I figured that but I did want to look at it out of curiousity. Kind of like when you mama told you not to look at something but you did anyway.

pghin08
04-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Yeah I figured that but I did want to look at it out of curiousity. Kind of like when you mama told you not to look at something but you did anyway.

That was exactly why I read it too. If nothing else, it at least gave you an insight into how crazy that guy was.

duane1969
04-25-2012, 12:20 PM
I read it. Much like Kurt said, it was a pretty terrible read. It starts out as more of a nationalist type of writing with him generally talking about reuniting Austria with Germany and the need for pride in their country but quickly delves into hate rhetoric and what I would classify as the ramblings of a man losing his wits.

I also read Karl Marx's A Critique of Political Economy Vol. I and the Marx-Engel Reader. None are exactly great reads, but I find it enlightening to understand where these concepts come from by reading about it from the originators of these ideas.