PDA

View Full Version : Couple held up at gunpoint then arrested after buying home

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Amerikkka at it's finest. SMH.

http://www.ajc.com/news/couple-held-at-gunpoint-1423138.html

shrewsbury
04-25-2012, 08:40 AM
that is not the first time this has happened. several years ago nearly the same thing happened to another couple, and guess what, they were black as well.

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 09:15 AM
ok, let's cry racism and ignore the facts. they were in a home that had been empty for a while and no paperwork at all verifying their claims. what should the police have done? i get that after the fact it was a horrible mistake but again, what should have been done?

angel0430
04-25-2012, 09:26 AM
ok, let's cry racism and ignore the facts. they were in a home that had been empty for a while and no paperwork at all verifying their claims. what should the police have done? i get that after the fact it was a horrible mistake but again, what should have been done?

I was just thinking the same thing. Just some neighbors protecting the area and the police doing their job...

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 09:31 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. Just some neighbors protecting the area and the police doing their job...

Exactly by keeping the "undesirables" out. :nono:

AUTaxMan
04-25-2012, 09:53 AM
We have a pretty good neighborhood watch on our street, and we (that is, the residents) call the police about almost anyone who looks suspicious. We don't ask for ID first. We've had too many break-ins not to be pro-active about it, and it's served us pretty well over the last few years.

shrewsbury
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
who said racism?

so you call the police first? that would seem logical, these folks apparently did after going there with their guns

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 10:13 AM
who said racism?

so you call the police first? that would seem logical, these folks apparently did after going there with their guns

did you read the first post about amerikkka?

MadMan1978
04-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Wow, unbelievable this can happen.

I only say this because at the present I am working with foreclosed homes here in Mass and the surrounding area. I work with a person who is maintaining nearly 800 properties in this region. We are asked to provide a number of services, from repairs, to mowing, cleaning etc. We enter a number of properties on a weekly basis. Since January, we have only once have had a visit by police.

What I am astounded by is the number of homes we do maintain have had been broken into and have had all the copper stolen. I would estimate nearly 90% of these homes have had all the copper stolen and more.

What surprises me is that fact that anyone called the police. Most times people here care less what happens and rarely pick up the phone and dial 911 or even see anything happening. However, in this case the neighbors went over board as well as the police.

shrewsbury
04-25-2012, 10:22 AM
did you read the first post about amerikkka?

shows how racist i am, i missed the kkk added to america, pretty funny.

i would think that this was perhaps a racist act, that is why i would love to see this neighborhood. is it full of just whites, rednecks, hispanics, or is it racially mixed?

my guess (which could be wrong) is that it is an all white area and these gun bearing people were white

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 10:24 AM

i would think that this was perhaps a racist act, that is why i would love to see this neighborhood. is it full of just whites, rednecks, hispanics, or is it racially mixed?

my guess (which could be wrong) is that it is an all white area and these gun bearing people were white

Bingo!!

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 10:24 AM
wow, unbelievable this can happen.

I only say this because at the present i am working with foreclosed homes here in mass and the surrounding area. I work with a person who is maintaining nearly 800 properties in this region. We are asked to provide a number of services, from repairs, to mowing, cleaning etc. We enter a number of properties on a weekly basis. Since january, we have only once have had a visit by police.

What i am astounded by is the number of homes we do maintain have had been broken into and have had all the copper stolen. I would estimate nearly 90% of these homes have had all the copper stolen and more.

What surprises me is that fact that anyone called the police. Most times people here care less what happens and rarely pick up the phone and dial 911 or even see anything happening. However, in this case the neighbors went over board as well as the police.

+1

jlzinck
04-25-2012, 10:55 AM

If 55% is "all white" then you would be correct...

The racial makeup of the county was 55.27% White (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(United_States_Census)), 45.21% Black (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(United_States_Census)) or African American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(United_States_Census)), 0.22% Native American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(United_States_Census)), 0.72% Asian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(United_States_Census)), 0.02% Pacific Islander (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(United_States_Census)), 0.58% from other races (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(United_States_Census)), and 0.98% from two or more races. 1.87% of the population were Hispanic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(United_States_Census)) or Latino (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(United_States_Census)) of any race

shrewsbury
04-25-2012, 11:08 AM
county is much different than a neighborhood.

such as lorain county ohio is 84% white, i can show you neighborhood after neighborhood that is 80-90% black, neighborhoods that are 80-90 % hispanic.

so again, i would be interested in the neighborhood

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 11:14 AM
does anyone want to address the facts of the case, or are we just much more comfortable crying racism?

MadMan1978
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
does anyone want to address the facts of the case, or are we just much more comfortable crying racism?
What facts are we missing?

Please shed light on this whole case.

Other then the fact the neighbors over react as well as the police.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 11:21 AM

Yes I want to know why is it ok for so called neighboorhood watch people pulling their guns out and often shooting unarmed people without being provoked and what's up with the police locking people without knowing all the facts?

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
What facts are we missing?

Please shed light on this whole case.

Other then the fact the neighbors over react as well as the police.

someone please tell me what you think the police should have done. you have people in a home that has long been abandoned who claim to own it but have no evidence or proof. what option did the police have besides arresting them?

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Yes I want to know why is it ok for so called neighboorhood watch people pulling their guns out and often shooting unarmed people without being provoked and what's up with the police locking people without knowing all the facts?

until you stop making every case an opportunity to sneak trayvon into it, i am not going to bother.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 11:23 AM
someone please tell me what you think the police should have done. you have people in a home that has long been abandoned who claim to own it but have no evidence or proof. what option did the police have besides arresting them?

Calling the real estate company prehaps. Or that's too much like right. Oh wait in amerikkka certian groups of people are guilty until proven innocent.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
until you stop making every case an opportunity to sneak trayvon into it, i am not going to bother.

Who said anything about Trayvon? It's ok. Use Trayvon as an excuse to avoid the problems at hand.

shrewsbury
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/newton-county-neighbors-charged-1424231.html <br />
<br />
didn't take long! and look, they are white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Calling the real estate company prehaps. Or that's too much like right. Oh wait in amerikkka certian groups of people are guilty until proven innocent.

it is not the job of the police to check up on people's claims. if I drive without my drivers license on me, i get a ticket until I can prove I have one. The police won't take me to my house to pick it up.

also, you are beyond ridiculous. if someone does something to a black person, they are guilty from minute one. you have condoned and promoted violence against zimmerman when you know nothing. how is that not proclaiming someone guilty until proven innocent?

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 11:33 AM
wow, and what do you know. those mean old racist cops have arrested and charged the two white people for their crime.

MadMan1978
04-25-2012, 11:34 AM

Called maybe the seller? in this case I would assume that is the bank...

When we have Police "visit" us during our visit or service to a property they call the home company. and no most people would think they have to carry paper work with them that they just bought this property. Do you carry a copy of your home purchase agreement?

First note I have not said one thing about race and nor would I. I am, first surprised at that someone called the police. and yes I think the Police way over reacted. They couldnt make a few phone calls? They had options they refused to listen and they did not check out the whole story.

MadMan1978
04-25-2012, 11:36 AM
it is not the job of the police to check up on people's claims. if I drive without my drivers license on me, i get a ticket until I can prove I have one. The police won't take me to my house to pick it up.

also, you are beyond ridiculous. if someone does something to a black person, they are guilty from minute one. you have condoned and promoted violence against zimmerman when you know nothing. how is that not proclaiming someone guilty until proven innocent?

So your saying now the police should not investigate?

I am so happy I dont live in that town.

Guys leave that case out of this is has no bearing whatsoever.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Called maybe the seller? in this case I would assume that is the bank...

When we have Police "visit" us during our visit or service to a property they call the home company. and no most people would think they have to carry paper work with them that they just bought this property. Do you carry a copy of your home purchase agreement?

First note I have not said one thing about race and nor would I. I am, first surprised at that someone called the police. and yes I think the Police way over reacted. They couldnt make a few phone calls? They had options they refused to listen and they did not check out the whole story.

Common sense would sure go a long way. However that is not something used very often by the police dept and even less on P&R.

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 11:44 AM
for the record, i think the neighbors overreacted and should be charged as they are. The police could have made a few phone calls but they are not obligated to do so. Again, if I drive without a...

Star_Cards
04-25-2012, 11:51 AM
this is odd. I know when I closed on my house I had my mortgage packet from that moment. Curious as to why the couple didn't have paperwork, not that I'm saying that they were at fault. I also find it odd that the neighbors would come over with guns when they say people going in through the front door. I'd assume if they were moving they had keys and items that they were taking inside. It's hard to say if they looked suspicious since I wasn't there, but when my neighbors moved into their house that had been vacant I assumed it was sold, not being broken into.

It sounds like the cops didn't need to be called, but I doubt they'd taken them in had they been able to prove they bought the house. I'm confused as to why that wasn't easily proven. You have so much paperwork when you buy a house it seems that it could have been proven. All that said, just because this happened to a black couple doesn't mean the police made that a factor in what they did.

shrewsbury
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM
so did another driver chase you down at gun point? when the police arrived, did they draw guns and arrest you?

there is no way to prove racism, but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, decent chance it is a duck. or maybe it is a goose in duck clothing

should we not question possible racist actions? or to be PC should we close our mouths and allow it. i am against racism period and whether it is black, white, asian, or martian, i will call it out.

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 11:53 AM
so did another driver chase you down at gun point? when the police arrived, did they draw guns and arrest you?

there is no way to prove racism, but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, decent chance it is a duck. or maybe it is a goose in duck clothing

should we not question possible racist actions? or to be PC should we close our mouths and allow it. i am against racism period and whether it is black, white, asian, or martian, i will call it out.

yet in most cases people hear what may or may not be an animal and proceed to scream about ducks.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 11:53 AM

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

shrewsbury
04-25-2012, 11:59 AM
yet in most cases people hear what may or may not be an animal and proceed to scream about ducks

i have to agree with you :confused0054:

duane1969
04-25-2012, 12:02 PM
The neighbors blatantly overreacted and the police didn't do their due diligence. A simple call to the realtor could have cleared things up right there on the spot. However, it is hardly a racist act for someone to be questioned about being in a long-vacant home just because they are black.

And yes, I would think that someone who just bought a house would have some form of documentation that shows the house is theirs. For that matter, did they not even have the keys?

Follow-up thought...Is it too late to back out of the sale? Imagine having to live next door to the jerk neighbor who held you at gunpoint and caused you to spend a night in jail...

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 12:04 PM
The neighbors blatantly overreacted and the police didn't do their due diligence. A simple call to the realtor could have cleared things up right there on the spot. However, it is hardly a racist act for someone to be questioned about being in a long-vacant home just because they are black.

And yes, I would think that someone who just bought a house would have some form of documentation that shows the house is theirs. For that matter, did they not even have the keys?

Follow-up thought...Is it too late to back out of the sale? Imagine having to live next door to the jerk neighbor who held you at gunpoint and caused you to spend a night in jail...

I was thinking the same thing but then again you don't want to be ran out of your neighboorhood because of some racist jerk because he will do the same thing to someone else if you let him get away with it.

gladdyontherise
04-25-2012, 12:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing but then again you don't want to be ran out of your neighboorhood because of some racist jerk because he will do the same thing to someone else if you let him get away with it.

Do you know these people are racist? Seriously, enough with this. It's not being racist because they are black. If they were any other race would you be here shouting racism?

Nope.

habsheaven
04-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Do you know these people are racist? Seriously, enough with this. It's not being racist because they are black. If they were any other race would you be here shouting racism?

Nope.

I have to agree here. This is getting downright ridiculous.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 12:23 PM

Nope.

Do you know of any cases where white people moved into a black neighboorhood and the black neighboorhood watch called the police and the white people were taken to jail without confirming their story? If so please post the link and I would be glad to call them out on their racism?

gladdyontherise
04-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Do you know of any cases where white people moved into a black neighboorhood and the black neighboorhood watch called the police and the white people were taken to jail without confirming their story? If so please post the link and I would be glad to call them out on their racism?

I'm not going to waste my time with this. I'm 99.9% positive this kind of story happens more often that you want to think involving all different kinds of races, but it doesn't mean the people are racist. Maybe these specific people are, but you don't know that, and for you to call them out is just very ignorant to me.

If the races were reversed, i'm sure you'd want to "wait this out" because the black people would've had a great reason for why they did what they did.

I also think you don't really understand what being a racist is, or you just don't understand the context of it is, because these people were not being racist.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm not going to waste my time with this. I'm 99.9% positive this kind of story happens more often that you want to think involving all different kinds of races, but it doesn't mean the people are racist. Maybe these specific people are, but you don't know that, and for you to call them out is just very ignorant to me.

If the races were reversed, i'm sure you'd want to "wait this out" because the black people would've had a great reason for why they did what they did.

I also think you don't really understand what being a racist is, or you just don't understand the context of it is, because these people were not being racist.

And you know this how? Were you there? Do you know any them on a personal level?

gladdyontherise
04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
And you know this how? Were you there? Do you know any them on a personal level?

Nope, and you don't either, yet you still make these ridiculous claims.

Again, I don't think you understand how racism works, or how to use the word.

I do like how you pass over everything else except the smallest part of a post.

Just to see how this goes, I don't like going down to Detroit, am I now a racist?

Star_Cards
04-25-2012, 12:37 PM

that's what I was thinking. talk about a terrible first impression.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Nope, and you don't either, yet you still make these ridiculous claims.

Again, I don't think you understand how racism works, or how to use the word.

I do like how you pass over everything else except the smallest part of a post.

Just to see how this goes, I don't like going down to Detroit, am I now a racist?

From what I have heard about Detroit I would avoid going there too unless I had to go there. :winking0071:

boba
04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
For one, why are these threads considered politics and religion?
Second, why do you guys still even bother arguing with mrveggie?

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
For one, why are these threads considered politics and religion?
Second, why do you guys still even bother arguing with mrveggie?

Because it is a news story. Secondly I just report it as I see it. If someone of our more conservative readers want to huff and puff over me telling it like it is then that's on them. :winking0071:

boba
04-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Because it is a news story. Secondly I just report it as I see it. If someone of our more conservative readers want to huff and puff over me telling it like it is then that's on them. :winking0071:

Its politics and religion because its a news story? What?

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Its politics and religion because its a news story? What?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cO0IpLClLOQ/TG3R2nv5aJI/AAAAAAAABw0/Gx4twEFTsao/s400/Facepalm.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cO0IpLClLOQ/TG3R2nv5aJI/AAAAAAAABw0/Gx4twEFTsao/s1600/Facepalm.jpg)

CincinnatiKelly
04-25-2012, 01:51 PM
I didn't read every post but my opinion is the correct thing seemed to be done here. Neighbors recognized the people in the house were not the owners they knew of. The people in the house could not provide any document or evidence they owned the house. They were arrested and from what I can understand it appears to be over after they were able to prove they do in fact own the home. I can only hope my neighbors watch over my house like this if I were to be away for a few days.

AUTaxMan
04-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I have to agree here. This is getting downright ridiculous.

It really is. How much better would race relations be if people like mrv would stop looking for some tinge of racism in every issue?

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 02:01 PM
It really is. How much better would race relations be if people like mrv would stop looking for some tinge of racism in every issue?

Or better yet if you people would stop telling people who are the victims of racism to suck it up and deal with it.

AUTaxMan
04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Or better yet if you people would stop telling people who are the victims of racism to suck it up and deal with it.

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

And what do you mean by "you people"?

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

And what do you mean by "you people"?

You conservative people. You might as well tell us to suck it up and deal with it by some of your comments. However when a black is accused of a crime against a white person you are ready to go get a rope.

angel0430
04-25-2012, 02:09 PM

Here we go again with the Zimmerman case...police respond to a call, they get there and the "undesirables" (like you said), said they just bought the house. Where is the paperwork? I don't have it. Youa re under arrest for trespassing until you can prove this is your house....WOULD YOU BE WRITING THIS IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND??????

Grow up man...this "racism" thing is geting old....

AUTaxMan
04-25-2012, 02:11 PM
You conservative people. You might as well tell us to suck it up and deal with it by some of your comments. However when a black is accused of a crime against a white person you are ready to go get a rope.

Which comments?

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 02:11 PM

the only one here who has ever condoned a lynching has been you my friend so you might want to choose your words a little more carefully.

gladdyontherise
04-25-2012, 02:18 PM

Again, not all of "us" are "conservatives".

Some of us are liberals, like me.

BGT Masters
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Amerikkka at it's finest. SMH.

http://www.ajc.com/news/couple-held-at-gunpoint-1423138.html

KKK huh? Okay Al Jackson, or is it Jesse Sharpton? Do you really think everyone is out to get anyone who is black? Though it was stupid, the people were around a house at night which had been unoccupied. And neighbors thought they were breaking in when they were changing the locks. What at all does this have anything to do with race? Or should I take you spelling America with a KKK as an innocent typo. You ever think the people would have came up on them regardless of if the man was black or not? :loco:

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
the only one here who has ever condoned a lynching has been you my friend so you might want to choose your words a little more carefully.

I am in favor of justice. I do belive if you rape and or kill a child in cold blood you should be put to death. If that makes me condoning lynching then so be it.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 02:23 PM
KKK huh? Okay Al Jackson, or is it Jesse Sharpton? Do you really think everyone is out to get anyone who is black? Though it was stupid, the people were around a house at night which had been unoccupied. And neighbors thought they were breaking in when they were changing the locks. What at all does this have anything to do with race? Or should I take you spelling America with a KKK as an innocent typo. You ever think the people would have came up on them regardless of if the man was black or not? :loco:

If you want my opinion they may or may not have approched them but there is no way you are going to tell me that race was not a factor. I live in Georgia and know full well how these people in these backwoods areas act and think.

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 02:23 PM
I am in favor of justice. I do belive if you rape and or kill a child in cold blood you should be put to death. If that makes me condoning lynching then so be it.

exactly. whatever opinion you have is right and justified. if anyone disagrees with you they are a racist

Star_Cards
04-25-2012, 02:26 PM

I think it's worth a discussion, but I just don;t think it's fair to say that the police officers acted because of racism. To me it's really not that obvious.

Now, if you want to say that the neighbors did, I'll listen to that, but it is just an assumption on both parts that it is or it isn't. I'm still baffled as to why the owners couldn't prove they just bought the place (keys, closing papers, calling a realty agency, etc), but to just say the cops were racist because the couple was black and because they were in a cell for one day doesn't seem to be the only reason. Now, I do agree that it's very odd and sounds pretty irresponsible that the police couldn't have investigated this and not had to take the couple in let alone lock them up for a day.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 02:27 PM
exactly. whatever opinion you have is right and justified. if anyone disagrees with you they are a racist

It amazes me how a lot of you are so cold hearted whenever something happens to a black person. A lot of ya'll go as far to even suggest that he got what he was deserved. But let the tables be turned and something happens to a white person and you want to go back to something from mississippi burining. I know for a fact that there are some racist people on here but I am not one of them.

Star_Cards
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM

That's a bit far fetched to say about the conservatives on this board from what I read on the boards mostly on a daily bases.

gladdyontherise
04-25-2012, 02:29 PM
It amazes me how a lot of you are so cold hearted whenever something happens to a black person. A lot of ya'll go as far to even suggest that he got what he was deserved. But let the tables be turned and something happens to a white person and you want to go back to something from mississippi burining. I know for a fact that there are some racist people on here but I am not one of them.

You can't be serious?

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
I think it's worth a discussion, but I just don;t think it's fair to say that the police officers acted because of racism. To me it's really not that obvious.

Now, if you want to say that the neighbors did, I'll listen to that, but it is just an assumption on both parts that it is or it isn't. I'm still baffled as to why the owners couldn't prove they just bought the place (keys, closing papers, calling a realty agency, etc), but to just say the cops were racist because the couple was black and because they were in a cell for one day doesn't seem to be the only reason. Now, I do agree that it's very odd and sounds pretty irresponsible that the police couldn't have investigated this and not had to take the couple in let alone lock them up for a day.

I actually agree with you but our more conservative members on here want to blame the homeowners and hold the so called watchmen innocent because they were protecting the community from undersiables.

AUTaxMan
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
You can't be serious?

I honesty think he is trolling at this point.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 02:32 PM
You can't be serious?

Look at some of the stories that taxman puts up. He is quick to highlight when a black person is accused of a crime against a white person. It's ok when him and others do it and I have to accept it but if I call out a white person for racism you people call me racist. Get out of here.

shrewsbury
04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
i don't agree with mrveg too often, but i have to say, i believe race played a factor here.

these guys went way out of there way (and were arrested for it) they sneaked up with AK's, wouldn't let them talk, and harassed them. i would loved to have heard the conversation between father and son when they seen this happening.

i can only remember reading about another similar story one other time, and it was black people moving in and whites tracking them down.

i don't think this is that common

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Look at some of the stories that taxman puts up. He is quick to highlight when a black person is accused of a crime against a white person. It's ok when him and others do it and I have to accept it but if I call out a white person for racism you people call me racist. Get out of here.

you have officially lost it man. i fear for the safety of any white person who comes in contact with you.

all you post is every story you can find about a black person being a victim with a white aggressor and immediately cry racism. meanwhile, any story of a white victim and you lash out against whoever posted the story.

read the the junk you spew and you are stinkin right people call you a racist.

ensbergcollector
04-25-2012, 02:36 PM
and despite what veggie is claiming, most here have said the neighbors were in the wrong and they are being charged with it. the big disagreement seems to be whether the cops were racist for taking...

Star_Cards
04-25-2012, 02:37 PM
I actually agree with you but our more conservative members on here want to blame the homeowners and hold the so called watchmen innocent because they were protecting the community for undersiables.

well I can't speak for anyone else specifically, but I think when racism is a legitimate reason for an event happening then I think most would recognize that. If this happened to me I'd be livid and I can't imagine a reason as to why a legit homeowner, new or not would have to spend the night in jail due to something like this. Seems like that could have been figured out at the scene and then released the guy with an apology. Like I said, I won't make the jump to racism but based on the fact that the guy was black. Are there any other facts that show racism could have been the reason he was jailed for 24 hours? Maybe it was incompetence? Ether way it's bad and the guy shouldn't have been put through that, but doesn't mean it's racism.

If anyone says that the guy should just suck it up... even when you take race out of the equation it's completely absurd that a man would have to spend 24 hours in jail while they try to find out if he owned the home.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 02:38 PM
i don't agree with mrveg too often, but i have to say, i believe race played a factor here.

these guys went way out of there way (and were arrested for it) they sneaked up with AK's, wouldn't let them talk, and harassed them. i would loved to have heard the conversation between father and son when they seen this happening.

i can only remember reading about another similar story one other time, and it was black people moving in and whites tracking them down.

Thank you. We don't agree often but I will show you some love for that.

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

Star_Cards
04-25-2012, 02:44 PM

It seems like the act of the neighbors could have been racially motivated, but doesn't mean the police acted off of racism. Definitely dropped the ball though in arresting him.

I think a bigger issues with this story is that the neighbors felt that they had the right or need to take their guns over to a vacant house and approach these people. They had no business taking their guns and running over to threaten them... even if they didn't own the house. Call the police and let them sort it out. Seems like there wasn't any sort of immediate danger to the neighbors or anyone else so there's really no point in a neighbor rushing over with their guns to play super hero. Luckily these guys didn't shoot or kill someone.

I didn't see a report about what guns they had, but hopefully the police made sure their weapons were all legit.

AUTaxMan
04-25-2012, 02:45 PM

I honestly only do it to counterbalance the content.

AUTaxMan
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
It seems like the act of the neighbors could have been racially motivated, but doesn't mean the police acted off of racism. Definitely dropped the ball though in arresting him.

I think a bigger issues with this story is that the neighbors felt that they had the right or need to take their guns over to a vacant house and approach these people. They had no business taking their guns and running over to threaten them... even if they didn't own the house. Call the police and let them sort it out. Seems like there wasn't any sort of immediate danger to the neighbors or anyone else so there's really no point in a neighbor rushing over with their guns to play super hero. Luckily these guys didn't shoot or kill someone.

I didn't see a report about what guns they had, but hopefully the police made sure their weapons were all legit.

Since we are doing no more than reading the neighbors minds at this point, I postulate that, all other facts being equal, if the victims were white, the same result would have occurred. Also, I blame the cops for being idiots more than anything.

Star_Cards
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Since we are doing no more than reading the neighbors minds at this point, I postulate that, all other facts being equal, if the victims were white, the same result would have occurred. Also, I blame the cops for being idiots more than anything.

I agree, sounds like the cops lacked in any sort of investigative skill or they could have figured this out... more than likely. I can see them being detained at the scene until they found out if they did own the house, but I'd assume they could have figured that out on scene.

and yes... it's all assumption on the neighbors thoughts. I still say they are idiots too for going over with guns.

AUTaxMan
04-25-2012, 03:01 PM
I agree, sounds like the cops lacked in any sort of investigative skill or they could have figured this out... more than likely. I can see them being detained at the scene until they found out if they did own the house, but I'd assume they could have figured that out on scene.

and yes... it's all assumption on the neighbors thoughts. I still say they are idiots too for going over with guns.

I don't blame them for having guns. If you think someone is breaking into a house, you have to assume they are armed.

mrveggieman
04-25-2012, 03:06 PM
I don't blame them for having guns. If you think someone is breaking into a house, you have to assume they are armed.

Could be. Just like you would assume that the police are going to do their job and not to play vigalante. Unless the so called watchmen thought that someone's life was in danger they had no business approaching those people.

shrewsbury
04-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Unless the so called watchmen thought that someone's life was in danger they had no business approaching those people.

post of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!