PDA

View Full Version : After being shot 28x by cops Howard Morgan sentenced to 40 yrs in prison

mrveggieman
04-26-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/article_8733.shtml

AUTaxMan
04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Sounds like he didn't deserve the bullets, but he does deserve the time.

mrveggieman
04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Sounds like he didn't deserve the bullets, but he does deserve the time.

For what DWB?

AUTaxMan
04-26-2012, 01:18 PM
For what DWB?

I thought it said he opened fire on police officers.

duane1969
04-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Seeing conflicting stories here. One says he did not fire his gun and could not because his trigger finger was shot, another says his gun was discharged. <br />
<br />
The article referenced here says: <br />
<br />
<br />
Yet...

AUTaxMan
04-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Obviously, there will be hard evidence if the victim shot the police officers.

pghin08
04-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Obviously, there will be hard evidence if the victim shot the police officers.

Yeah, seriously. There were either officers shot, or there weren't. Pretty cut and dry.

Star_Cards
04-26-2012, 01:55 PM
this article doesn't really say what they say he did. It just says what he says the officers did.

It seems weird that they would detain him with so many officers (making it sound like he's completely pinned down) and then find a gun and then just start shooting at him.

pghin08
04-26-2012, 01:59 PM
I would love to know how he supposedly got off 17 shots while he was being shot 28 times by multiple officers. Is he made of iron or something?

ensbergcollector
04-26-2012, 02:20 PM
the article posted obviously has an agenda, not saying it is wrong, just saying it isn't attempting to tell the whole story. As others have said, it is pretty easy to know if 3 officers were shot. If they were, that changes everything. As for the dwb idiocy, this article mentioned nothing except that he was pulled over for a traffic violation. Why is it any time a black person is pulled over, there are those on here who claim racism? Thousands of people get pulled over every day.

duane1969
04-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I would love to know how he supposedly got off 17 shots while he was being shot 28 times by multiple officers. Is he made of iron or something?

Perahps he emptied his clip before they opened fire? Speculating.

------------------

My thought when I read that he fired 17 shots was that he must have reloaded. I saw that he had a Glock. They make a 17 shot magazine for the 9mm Glock 17/34, but considering how strict Chicago gun laws are I wouldn't think he would have one considering the claims that he was a law abiding citizen and former cop. So he either had a high capacity 17 shot clip and emptied it or he emptied a standard 10 shot clip and reloaded.

angel0430
04-26-2012, 04:50 PM
I have not read the article yet but let me guess.....he is black. I am oging to read it now.

angel0430
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
There is not enough evidence in this story to suggest who was wrong. Maybe he went fot his gun and the cops fired....maybe the cops abused their power and went over their limits...do we know if all the cops were white since this is "racism"?????

BGT Masters
04-26-2012, 05:07 PM
the article posted obviously has an agenda, not saying it is wrong, just saying it isn't attempting to tell the whole story. As others have said, it is pretty easy to know if 3 officers were shot. If they were, that changes everything. As for the dwb idiocy, this article mentioned nothing except that he was pulled over for a traffic violation. Why is it any time a black person is pulled over, there are those on here who claim racism? Thousands of people get pulled over every day.

I'm going to go with "Because they're racist." for 500 Alex.

shrewsbury
04-26-2012, 05:08 PM
he got convicted of 4 counts of attempted murder, so he must have fired his gun.

the story is very unclear and of course he wouldn't admit to anything even if he did it.

the thing you should remember 4 cops firing 7 times each would take a whole 3-4 seconds, so so it is not like one cop slowly shot him, reloaded, shot him some more, reloaded again, and shot more.

if you shot someone and the force spins their body around, then the bullets will enter the back, the whole ordeal could have only lasted under 10 seconds, from the time morgan pulled his weapon and fired (if that is what happened) until he fell to the ground with all the gunshot wounds.

the thing that freaks me out with all this stuff, why don't we ever here stories like this but with the races reversed?

some will say racism, but perhaps could it be black cops have more sense? or white criminals know better? or what the heck?

duane1969
04-26-2012, 09:06 PM
he got convicted of 4 counts of attempted murder, so he must have fired his gun.

the story is very unclear and of course he wouldn't admit to anything even if he did it.

the thing you should remember 4 cops firing 7 times each would take a whole 3-4 seconds, so so it is not like one cop slowly shot him, reloaded, shot him some more, reloaded again, and shot more.

if you shot someone and the force spins their body around, then the bullets will enter the back, the whole ordeal could have only lasted under 10 seconds, from the time morgan pulled his weapon and fired (if that is what happened) until he fell to the ground with all the gunshot wounds.

the thing that freaks me out with all this stuff, why don't we ever here stories like this but with the races reversed?

some will say racism, but perhaps could it be black cops have more sense? or white criminals know better? or what the heck?

I don't know about white criminals knowing better, but I will tell you this, when I get pulled over I place both hands on the steering wheel in plain view and in a clear, calm voice tell the officer that I have a legally licensed handgun in the vehicle. This is usually followed by them asking to see my permit and after seeing that I am legal they ask me to remove the clip and place it on the dash in plain view until we are finished. I have never once had an officer react negatively to me.

On the flip side, if an officer were to spot my handgun without me having announced it to him and my hand were near it or if it appeared that I was "going for it" then logic dictates that the officer would be alarmed and my life might be at risk.

Cops are taught to approach every traffic stop as a potentially life threatening situation. Surprising them with the presence of a gun is just stupid.

shrewsbury
04-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Surprising them with the presence of a gun is just stupid.

post of the day!!!!!!!!!

tsjct
04-27-2012, 11:35 AM
i have no problem with them shooting him 28 times. You pull a gun on a cop you should expect to get shot.