PDA

View Full Version : Tired of kids on here!!!

yourmyboyblue
04-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Have had multiple kids on here ask to hold items for purchase, only to wait weeks to never follow through. Probably my own stupid mistake for agreeing to do it, but there is some good traders/buyers out there that its been beneficial for. At same time, SORRY!!!!, I dont live on this site, I dont check my account status every 30 seconds, and I work a more than full time job so when I dont respond to your message in a day(typically within a day) let alone 10 minutes, go pound sand!! OHHHH & if you wanna open a dispute on paypal because you havent recieved your card within 5 business days of paying for it(yes this happened) stand by for paypal to be notified of unproper use by child and account to likely be shutdown awhile....

Sorry, needed to vent.

Hope everyone is enjoying their lovely days :D

Star_Cards
04-30-2012, 01:03 PM
stinks to deal with people who don't follow through on their word. Although, I will say that from my experience not everyone out grows this. There are plenty of adults how don;t stand by their word in this manner.

dbacksfan99
05-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi, I'm a teen here on scf and if I buy something I have the cash in hand. To the kids on scf please hold up your end of the deal and make sure you have the money right now if making a cash deal. And at last kids take care of your cards PLEASE! I hate getting damaged cards:)

roaddogg02316
05-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah I agree a real shame when this happens. I've gotten to the point where I don't pull anything til a trade is agreed upon. Then if they back out it can be disputed. Also I won't pull cards unless payment is made.

I used to have all my stuff not listed so I'd hand search everything. Now I have my inventory manager list to make it easier. So many times I pulled stuff only to have people back out. Nice to not have stacks of cards that need to be put away when a deal doesn't follow thru.

leopards40
05-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Have had multiple kids on here ask to hold items for purchase, only to wait weeks to never follow through. Probably my own stupid mistake for agreeing to do it, but there is some good traders/buyers out there that its been beneficial for. At same time, SORRY!!!!, I dont live on this site, I dont check my account status every 30 seconds, and I work a more than full time job so when I dont respond to your message in a day(typically within a day) let alone 10 minutes, go pound sand!! OHHHH & if you wanna open a dispute on paypal because you havent recieved your card within 5 business days of paying for it(yes this happened) stand by for paypal to be notified of unproper use by child and account to likely be shutdown awhile....

Sorry, needed to vent.

Hope everyone is enjoying their lovely days :D

How do you know the people you are trading with are kids?

hawk2618
05-06-2012, 06:21 PM
If you live in the U.S and are receiving items internationally,there will never be an item sent in that period of time.However....if you're dealing specifically in the U.S.,any deal confirmed should easily be able to be sent in 5 business days.The only exception would be some sort of an emergency at home.If that did happen...then pm's can be sent stating the delay. ~~Dave C.

yourmyboyblue
05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
hawk-card recieved in 5 business days and complaint already filed prior to that!
leopards-most admit it afterwards, or you catchit after payment when they are using parents paypal acct

stlcardinalsfan
05-06-2012, 07:19 PM
just pulled about 300 cards for a guy who wont pm me back,iritating as HECK

roaddogg02316
05-06-2012, 07:26 PM
just pulled about 300 cards for a guy who wont pm me back,iritating as HECK

Thats why I don't bother anymore. Just keep a works document with usernames and cards they like. When you get a trade posted then go ahead and pull the cards. If they back out then, you can dispute it.

TJJenkins
05-06-2012, 10:33 PM
It's not like adults don't do the same thing here..

yourmyboyblue
05-06-2012, 11:41 PM
no but i bet its 9-1 adults to kids

stlcardinalsfan
05-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Thats why I don't bother anymore. Just keep a works document with usernames and cards they like. When you get a trade posted then go ahead and pull the cards. If they back out then, you can dispute it.

well i had to pull to what i had to count them (were in a big box of junk base),

i wasnt sure on how many i had.

counted them,sorted them into players (all indians)

and pm'd him, said hed be on all night. i reminded him yesterday (i had noticed he had been on a couple times) and then gave him a deadline on when to reply.

still no reply

:smash:

andrewhoya
05-07-2012, 06:17 AM
no but i bet its 9-1 adults to kids

I disagree.

doniceage
05-07-2012, 07:22 AM
I suggest this, Only hold cards for folks who post a trade with you to hold the card as you could post this in the trade manager. Then you can leave a negative if they back out. That is why we do have a trade manager in the first place to make it a binding deal not someone word.

DON

jdawg
05-07-2012, 09:43 PM
i always hold items for a week..but i also always post the deal and make sure the other person confirms it first..and in the trade i always mention deal made but waiting XX amount of days

11chaos
05-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Adults or kids, who cares. I have had plenty of deals with both and a majority (99%)of them have worked out really well. Sadly, the ones I have had fail are from supposed adults trying to flip stuff, not the collector. Maybe you should be upset with flippers instead.

duane1969
05-08-2012, 08:17 PM
leopards-most admit it afterwards, or you catchit after payment when they are using parents paypal acct

Not necessarily proof that they are a kid. If you get a PP payment from me it has my wife's name on the account. To be honest, I can't remember why we made the account in her name, but with several hundred confirmed transactions I would rather just have her name on the account than start a new one.

As others have said, no way would I hold a card for anyone. If there isn't a trade posted in the trade manager, then there is no deal in place. If someone wanted a card but wouldn't have the money for 5 days then I would post the trade with a note in the "I Will Receive" section that says that the payment is to be sent by a certain date. If they don't come thru by that date then it gets put in dispute.

MadMan1978
05-15-2012, 08:35 AM
With SCF being the largest online trading community, you will run into things that less then prefect. However, we have and will continue to provide the safest environment for all traders. If working trading with minors, might I suggest you ask their age before you set a deal in TM. AS to we do have our fair share of minors here.