PDA

View Full Version : Man left in cell w/o food, water, toilet or charges

mrveggieman
05-03-2012, 09:12 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/us-man-left-in-1429854.html

angel0430
05-03-2012, 12:53 PM
That is really worng. How can you forget about someone you just arrested and locked up? He said he was kicking the door whenever someone was close to his cell. I think they did it on purpose amnd when they realized that it got out of hand, they panicked.

Star_Cards
05-03-2012, 01:01 PM
wow. that's hard to believe that in four days no one went past his cell and inexcusable that they would just forget about a detained person. I'm usually not for suing at the drop of the hat but this guy definitely has a case.

BGT Masters
05-03-2012, 01:02 PM
I hope the guy gets paid, and some people not only lose their jobs but get brought up on charges for what they did. Something like this shouldn't be tolerated.

Star_Cards
05-03-2012, 01:05 PM
I think it would depend on the circumstances of him getting "lost" in the system if one would be brought up on charges. People should definitely lose their jobs for this.

BGT Masters
05-03-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't care if it was an honest mistake. They left someone for 4 days handcuffed in a cell without food or water. If it were parents and they did this, they'd be brought up on charges, should be no...

Star_Cards
05-03-2012, 01:11 PM
good point. It's definitely inexcusable I just want to know what happened to cause this. I just can see a way were criminal charges wouldn't be warranted.

duane1969
05-03-2012, 01:12 PM
This is horrible and I am sure he will win his lawsuit with ease. Glad he survived. And I agree, criminal charges should be filed. <br />
<br />
Gotta laugh at the way the media tries to control our thoughts...

pghin08
05-03-2012, 02:46 PM
That's why I don't understand people who think the media has more of a political tilt than one towards sensationalism. They want to sell papers, period. <br />
<br />
I pretty much hope they give this kid...

Wickabee
05-03-2012, 03:59 PM
That's why I don't understand people who think the media has more of a political tilt than one towards sensationalism. They want to sell papers, period.

I pretty much hope they give this kid whatever he wants. Nobody should ever have to go through that.
The sensationalism comes out harder when there's no political angle. There's not much of a political angle to this story, so sensationalize it.

American politics is already pretty sensationalized on its own, so the media doesn't have to do much work to sell papers. It's not a matter of media being one way or the other, it's the media playing to the easiest angle in order to sell advertising. Trayvon was easy to politicize, this one isn't.